Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Famous NonReligious People ... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OsamaBinChrist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:52 pm
Me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:25 pm
OMU (oh my universe) HOW COME YOU HAVEN'T MENTIONED MARILYN MANSON!?!?!?!
He was Satanist, but the atheistic type, see.
TheAmazingAtheist on YouTube says his music is one of the first kinds of music that ever appealed to him.
And TheAmazingAtheist is really awesome. You should check out a few of his vids sometime.  

Eccentric Detective

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:11 pm
tearingXheavenXdown
TheAmazingAtheist on YouTube says his music is one of the first kinds of music that ever appealed to him.
And TheAmazingAtheist is really awesome. You should check out a few of his vids sometime.

so he believed in Satan?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Some more for you:

Arthur Miller - Playwright/Author famous for writing "The Crucible" and "Death of a Salesman"
Christopher Hitchens - Author
Sam Harris - Author
Peter Stark - U.S. Representative from California and the first openly Atheist member of Congress.
Mike Burkett (AKA "Fat Mike") - Singer/Bassist for Punk Rock band NOFX
Issac Brock - Singer for indie band Modest Mouse
King Diamond - Singer for heavy metal bands Merciful Fate and King Diamond
(NOTE: He is said to be a Satanist, although he tends to lean mostly towards atheist)
Greydon Square - Hip-Hop Artist
Gene Weingarten - Humorist/Columnist for the Washington Post  

Arios V

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:04 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown

so he believed in Satan?
Nooooooooo! The reason they call themselves Satanists is because the figure of Satan represents the kinds of behaviors they're kind of okay with - the kind of impulsivity that one usually associates with hedonism.
Anyway, Satan is technically a god figure. Maybe not an all-powerful one, but they did call the Greek deities gods too right?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 pm
tearingXheavenXdown
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown

so he believed in Satan?
Nooooooooo! The reason they call themselves Satanists is because the figure of Satan represents the kinds of behaviors they're kind of okay with - the kind of impulsivity that one usually associates with hedonism.
Anyway, Satan is technically a god figure. Maybe not an all-powerful one, but they did call the Greek deities gods too right?

well that was greek mythology and i thought deity meant god
(am I wrong)

and thanks to Arios V for providing me more atheist
and yes finally an atheist politician

and i think I should remove Thomas Jefferson and move him in a Deist column (they're not really religious but they do believe in God but they dont worship it)  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Eccentric Detective

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:15 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown

so he believed in Satan?

(am I wrong)

and i think I should remove Thomas Jefferson and move him in a Deist column (they're not really religious but they do believe in God but they dont worship it)
Yeah you're right, deity is a synonym for god. I was trying to be fancy biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:45 pm
tearingXheavenXdown
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown

so he believed in Satan?

(am I wrong)

haha this is kinda random but your avi looks nice XD  

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

MyBrotherJake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:55 pm
Douglas Adams
Isaac Asimov
Sir David Attenborough
Dave Allen
George Orwell
OsamaBinChrist (I read that somewhere...)
Steven Pinker
Woody Allen
Daniel Radcliffe
Carl Sagan  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:24 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown

so he believed in Satan?

(am I wrong)

haha this is kinda random but your avi looks nice XD
Heehee :3 ty
I was going for the rebellious altar girl look. You know the one where they carry that silvery smoking thing? I forgot what it's called...  

Eccentric Detective

LimeIzMyFaveColor

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:59 pm
bump : )  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:32 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
bump : )
Isn't "bump" an interesting word? It's like newbie gaians prayer for the god of gaia gold.  

Raticiel

Raticiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:40 pm
tearingXheavenXdown
LimeIzMyFaveColor
tearingXheavenXdown

so he believed in Satan?
Satan is popular because he was a fallen angel... An inspiring story about the one who opposed god and was punished harshly. I was always on his side, poor guy.

Anyway, satanism is a whole different story. I don't know what are satanists trying to achieve with killing cats and disturbing people. I don't think that could lead to mental enlightement.

Greek mythology is also very different, because those "gods" have nothing to do with element of "divinity". It started a little later with orfism. (orphism? I don't know how to spell it in english xd )  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff