Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Don't forget... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

*points at announcement*
  =D
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:21 pm
*nods* Yeah, I figured. I probably have too but it just doesn't really phase me ya know?

I lived between Waco and Dallas in a small little town, that I'm not sure you could actually call it a town, Carol's Corner? Don't know if you've heard of it. Anyway, I lived way out in the country though I moved all around Texas for awhile. My dad was military. Anyway, when I moved to Oklahoma for awhile I was told I had a heavy accent, and the craziest thing...I never heard it even around people that didn't have the accent.

My mum is funny she's got a Yank accent. Ya know from the North like New York and you can tell when she has talked to someone from the North cause like it's not roof like we say but it's like a dog barking it's a Ruff. *laughs* Oh and another favorite it's not "wash" it's "warsh" they like to add R's I swear!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:35 pm
Damn Yankees, the South will rise again (this is just to be funny, my dad's and mom's family are from the north)

I think Okies are just as funny and yankees. Nope, never heard of it, I bet its not even on the map. Thats just like the town (if you can call it that) where I picked up mine. My dad wasn't in the military but we moved around just as much, climbing the corporate later.

What branch was he in?  

Tybarious

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:12 pm
There's a woman at work who came from the north, and she pronounces the word "rag" really strangely. I'm not sure I can spell it out in a way that'll convey what it sounds like, it's so weird. xd It's sorta like a cross between "regg" and "raig". xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:26 pm
Ug, I can't understand hardly any accent at all.

I'm more likely to say, "I'm sorry, could you say that again? "  

xwhateverxdudex

Tybarious

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:38 pm
'ay naw dude, yu shood brodden y'alls whor-ris-en, 'n' talk too dem o'der peeple. It nawt gud to jus sticken y'alls fancy clik  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:27 pm
There aren't that many different accents in Canada I don't think at least. I know the majority of our country sounds "normal". But what I love about the people on the east coast is that a lot of them can sound very Irish/Scottish.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:34 am
xd I love Irish accents. *moves to east coast of Canada*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:07 pm
Tybarious
'ay naw dude, yu shood brodden y'alls whor-ris-en, 'n' talk too dem o'der peeple. It nawt gud to jus sticken y'alls fancy clik

This is a prime example of something that I can't read.
I only BASICALLY get the idea by inferring.
sweatdrop  

xwhateverxdudex

Tybarious

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm
WHOOP!! iam mess'en wit dude hed xd Did'ent ju mak aw dred a'bout dem dif'arent langlues?

it mit help if ju sound out me pos xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:07 pm
Ty: *chuckles* Yeah, I think my mum was born a Yankee. However, when it comes to our family line not really sure where we all lived to much. *nods* Yeah Okies are pretty screwed up people. *shakes head* I can't see how they can be happy living in that state but eh whatever makes them happy. *chuckles* I doubt it is, but hey it might be now. Just look on a Texas map between Waco and Dallas. Uh...Willie Nelson sold his new green gas there at Carol's Corner. *nods* I totally understand about climbing the corporate ladder that's what had mum and I move from Oklahoma. Uh...*thinks* Army he was in the Army. He was the combat instructor for awhile, so guess who got to learn from him? *raises hand* *chuckles* Aw, you be nice to Dude he doesn't speak southern twang man and talking to older people isn't going to help him much. *chuckles*

Purple: *blinks* Okay now you got my curious purple. I swear I'm going to ask my mum to say "rag" tomorrow just to find out how she says it. *chuckles* Oh totally with you purple! I love the Scottish/Irish accents. *moves to the coast of Canada too*

Dude: *chuckles* Eh, no worries I have trouble with some accents too. I ask that same question myself a few times to some people. So no worries.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:04 pm
Tybarious
WHOOP!! iam mess'en wit dude hed xd Did'ent ju mak aw dred a'bout dem dif'arent langlues?

it mit help if ju sound out me pos xd

OK, I got the first part...
"WHOOP!! iam mess'en wit dude hed"

And the third, except for the last word...
"it mit help if ju sound out me pos" (pos?)

But that middle part, really got me...
"Did'ent ju mak aw dred a'bout dem dif'arent langlues?"
(didn't I "something" about different languages)

YEP, that's all I got. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:28 am
Lmao, that's funny, Ty! You've really got him going. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:13 pm
gonk

Someone explain please !!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:09 pm
hmm... wat was I talken a bowt agen?

oh yah, Did'ent ju mak aw dred a'bout dem dif'arent langlues?
Didn't you make that thread about the different langues?

ju no, like dem telyfone pos  

Tybarious

Iakun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10 pm
If a british person reads this they'll get a brain aneurism. xd  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items