Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Barack Obama the anti christ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:04 am
see I might have an enlightening look on this vary odd discussion

see the first thing is obama fits the bill but it will not pass in the end

but he is laying the foundations for a vary grim time for the USA and the rest of the world witch for ME will be the end of all days see the end of days is well unforeseeable the story will always continue.Mankind is stubborn and violent I think that when the end of days comes it will not be bye one man but bye EVERY single human being on this planet because one man can not convince every other one will die and another will live as I see it one man like Obama is a plague much like the black plague its gonna kill off alot of people but in the end ofter the fires have went out and the earth stopped trembling we will be a different people a better people who now sees that what are four fathers saw OR a world much like Hitler wanted Sept the part with Jews emo

what I am trying to say is live your life like the end is near and bye the time it comes you ll see that it all comes together and that you died happy and fulfilled if you don't then you have failed at life and will suffer for getting lost with all the things that DONT matter and chose to ignore the things that do matter like love,friendship,honesty,charity,belief, and knowledge of the soul and learn the lessons of selflessness THAT is what you should try to fulfill in your life if not then walk the plank into the fires with all the naysayers and sinners

that's my views  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:18 am
I think to say that is a long shot. It makes me feel as though people think there is some sort of divine intervention going on or that something like that is going to happen. Personally, I am not religious right now (I may change later in life in which case just for you guys I will come back and change this :p) so I don't really believe that.  

Enoine

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:15 pm
well sorry I truly mean this in the least harmful way but don't you think that is alittle stupid now I do not believe everything in my religion but I know there is a higher power that is god and are saver Jesus Christ I not asking you to convert I'm asking that you do have some faith make it your own you do not need a religion to believe you just need to believe in what you think I am catholic I feel that is the right religion for me but I am also I guss as they would call it spiritual as well but I don't think anyone wants a religious debate  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:44 pm
I don't think he's being stupid. He has doubts and it's led him to drop away from religion. That's a very healthy process. There are perfectly significant reasons to doubt the veracity of religion. Just thinking of one off the top of my head, how about Pediatric Oncology:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-pediatric-oncology.htm

It's hardly stupid to doubt that any benevolent being could be so unspeakably cruel as to let things like that go down.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Enoine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:54 am
I have thought it stupid on and off myself. I used to go to a Lutheran Church all the time up until I was about nine, I was even baptized there. I am not sure why but I just don't feel compelled to believe or have any want to. In fact, the only thing I really got from all that time was that god is cruel (I don't mean that in a bad or mean way, but that's basically what it came down to). But you are right, no one really wants a religious argument.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:26 pm
well its horrible SEE I AGREE TO DISAGREE ABOUT RELIGO its a vary touchy subject and all I meant by that was to just have faith in something or someone or take the one thing you do believe like a god like figure and make your own beliefs what I am saying is don't you think your just being lazy

and to the point that you said what you've thought is that god is cruel well I know alittle bit about lutherans not much really like what they preach

but really god is not cruel he only creates and loves and those that do not create and love he sends to a place where the one who hate and destroy go take that and think I'm not asking you to go to church I'm not asking you to read the bible or even pray only that you believe and have faith  

goodshot911SNK

ElChupaPorpoise

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:17 pm
Obama is not the anti christ... what are your reasons for stating this?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:49 am
Enoine
I have thought it stupid on and off myself. I used to go to a Lutheran Church all the time up until I was about nine, I was even baptized there. I am not sure why but I just don't feel compelled to believe or have any want to. In fact, the only thing I really got from all that time was that god is cruel (I don't mean that in a bad or mean way, but that's basically what it came down to). But you are right, no one really wants a religious argument.

I'm completly with you on this subject. I never was very religious, but I was a member of a Luthern church. We started getting statements in the mail about how much we gave and they even told us how much to give them. I had big issues with this since church should not act like a buisness. My husbands has issues with Lutherans also and he went to church a lot growing up. There is nothing wrong with being undecided and I'm sure you will decide down the line what is best for you.  

Pumona

Pumona

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:54 am
goodshot911SNK
well its horrible SEE I AGREE TO DISAGREE ABOUT RELIGO its a vary touchy subject and all I meant by that was to just have faith in something or someone or take the one thing you do believe like a god like figure and make your own beliefs what I am saying is don't you think your just being lazy

and to the point that you said what you've thought is that god is cruel well I know alittle bit about lutherans not much really like what they preach

but really god is not cruel he only creates and loves and those that do not create and love he sends to a place where the one who hate and destroy go take that and think I'm not asking you to go to church I'm not asking you to read the bible or even pray only that you believe and have faith

As for your comment about being lazy, I'm sorry but that was uncalled for. I'm also undecided about the whole church thing too and I'm definitly not lazy. Everyone needs to believe in what they think is right. What is right for you might not be right for others. I know you said you are not trying to preach, but my point to you is just because someone is undecided they are not lazy.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:06 pm
Pumona
goodshot911SNK

As for your comment about being lazy, I'm sorry but that was uncalled for. I'm also undecided about the whole church thing too and I'm definitly not lazy. Everyone needs to believe in what they think is right. What is right for you might not be right for others. I know you said you are not trying to preach, but my point to you is just because someone is undecided they are not lazy.

Very true. Some issues are just hard to think about. For example, abortion and I. I don't have a uterus, I'm gay, I'm morally against abortion, I don't think it should be done, but it's not my troubles I have to deal with. I am for a woman to make the choice to her body, but again, at the same time, I don't think that abortion is a choice that should have to be made. So, I am on the fence with a bit more leaning to the pro-choice side.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:46 pm
Pumona
goodshot911SNK

I did not mean it in the way I said my real point is that your belief should be something you are sure about and really important in your life believe in something AT THE LEAST basically take a subject and brake it down to its simplest

EXSAMPLE

god yes or no
?
and then go on to others

jesus Christ yes or no
?

muhammad yes or no
????..................???  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:17 am
Except what if the answer to any of those questions is "I don't know." You paint the religion issue in very certain, very black and white terms. It's good for you if it's that simple for you. It's not that simple for many others. Some have legitimate doubts. Some have been turned off by the man made institutions attending faith and spirituality. And some, legitimately, just get nothing out of it. What you're doing is trying to invalidate this ground and suggest there's some deficiency in not having a firm answer on the religion question. Not everyone has to be religious. Religion is for some people, and for some it's just not their thing. You should respect the latter to the same degree you expect other to respect the former.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:31 am
alright I don't even care no more all I wanted is to let people know that they should believe in something other then themselves so I'm done with the topic I don't think religion is a debate that is even worth debating over so back to obama being the antichrist or whatever you believe  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 am
goodshot911SNK
alright I don't even care no more all I wanted is to let people know that they should believe in something other then themselves

People shouldn't have to do anything with religion. It's a choice, not a commitment, that's the point of faith. Believing what's not there. I don't find faith a good or bad quality, but that's what faith is.

Quote:
so I'm done with the topic I don't think religion is a debate that is even worth debating

Then why'd you bring it up?  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

goodshot911SNK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 pm
oh I just wanted the last word I do that alot not really meaning to though. Its just not a subject worth talking about to me  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff