Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
My Snow-haired Stalker Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veni's a
  Cutie
  Pervy stalker
  excuse for really badly written short stories XD
View Results

aamiller321

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:45 pm
If you want a hilarious vampire movie check out the 2nd vampire movie ever made (Dracula was first) Nosforatu. It's either German or French.... Basically it's about a vampire that runs around with at least one hand always in a claw shape. I've seen bits of it around.....somewhere........  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:27 pm
lol I think I saw that on the Turner Classic Movie channel. If I'm remembering right, it's a silent movie isn't it? Made back around the 20's I'm sure.

Funny sig by the way. blaugh

Iakun

aamiller321

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:24 pm
Yeah, it's a silent film. I believe there is a reference to the movie in a spongebob cartoon, Nosforatu was flickering the lights on and off.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 pm
I have Nosferatu on dvd. xd Unfortunately, the original piano score meant to be played with the pictures was lost, so they paired with a hideous heavy metal soundtrack. stressed I muted the tv when I watched it. 3nodding  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:41 pm
Funny vampire movies now?

I liked "Dracula: Dead and Loving It"
(it was funny)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:57 pm
purpleravenhawk
I have Nosferatu on dvd. xd Unfortunately, the original piano score meant to be played with the pictures was lost, so they paired with a hideous heavy metal soundtrack. stressed I muted the tv when I watched it. 3nodding
The reason that there are no original piano scores from almost every film of the period is simply because there were none. It the theater there was a man with a piano who would play songs as the movie progressed, so you could watch the same movie all day and here different songs each time. It wasn't until the advent of films with sounds did the movie producers include soundtracks to be played with the movie, eliminating the need for piano men.  

aamiller321

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:55 pm
Um... I don't remember there being a lack of musical score during the movie that I watched. What version did you guys watch?

When I read heavy metal music in a silent film that kind of made me laugh. blaugh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:46 pm
Iakun
Um... I don't remember there being a lack of musical score during the movie that I watched.
That's because they added music from the period of the film so that it wasn't soundless when they released it for formats such as DVD and VHS.  

aamiller321

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:55 am
Sadly the music that purples DVD had didn't match the feel of the show at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 am
Actually, there was an original soundtrack composed specifically for the Nosferatu film in the '30s. It was part original composition, part compilation. It exists somewhere on paper, but sadly, as far as I know, there are no recordings of it anywhere. sad  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

aamiller321

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:40 pm
Really? That's unusual for a movie of that time period.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:32 am
... ... ... I got lost when people were saying stuff about "the difference between Incubus and Succubus" ... ... ... ... And I think most vampire movies are weird no matter the time span... *Thinks about how this could turn everyone against me in a sec if I just now said something to offend...*  

NeverMore42_6_6_6

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:57 am
Incubus is male, succubus is female. And no one will be mad at you for expressing your opinion. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 am
NeverMoreRavin_6_6_6
... ... ... I got lost when people were saying stuff about "the difference between Incubus and Succubus" ... ... ... ... And I think most vampire movies are weird no matter the time span... *Thinks about how this could turn everyone against me in a sec if I just now said something to offend...*

A succubus is a demon that feeds off of the life energy of humans.

Popular versions include...
The MMORPG "Mabinogi" Succubus
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dri3ee/2360936325/
The Darkstalkers Succubus "Morrigan"
http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/namcoxcapcom/art-011.jpg
The listing under the "Monster Girls Encyclopedia"
http://2kochan.com/other/src/1234638052162.jpg
The Disgaea succubus "Prier"
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/nipponichi/disgaea-prier2.jpg
And "Carrera" from the H-game Viper-GTS
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=131780&d=1251226018
(this picture is actually from Viper-GTS's story prequel "The devil came" - 1 of the 3 stories within the Viper-V6 game)

And an "Incubus" is just the male form of the succubus.
(you aren't going to make anyone mad at you for just that)  

xwhateverxdudex

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:03 pm
I did once... But it was a huge vampire fan, so I guess I could see why...  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff