Welcome to Gaia! ::

International Music

Back to Guilds

There's music all around the world! 

Tags: Music, Popular, International, Cultural, Chat 

Reply ♫ International Music ♫
What's your favourite kind of music? Discuss why. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Star_Catcher_567

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Well, I like a lot of stuff. I find it easier to say what I don't like. XD But I do like:

Rock
Alternative
Techno
Rock Opera (Like Repo, Sarah and Anthony are genius)
What is considered 'emo' nowadays like My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy. I don't really see how FOB is emo but whatever. >.<

Also some bands I like are kind of unique to my tastes. Nightwish and Cradle of Filth are good, but the others that fall under their genre I either haven't heard or haven't really liked.

Musicals are amazing. Except like, HSM and lame disney crap like that. XP

I'm sure there's more that I like but I kind of suck at categorizing music. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:56 pm
ninja in converse
usually i'd be lazy and just say classic rock.
but the people in this thread are pretty cool :]

classic rock
soft rock
hard rock

techno (THE SYSTEM IS DOWN), anybody?
xD

folk
bluegrass

classical piano

mainstream pop once in a while, maybe on long car rides when there's nothing else on the radio.

swing, big band
blues

this one guy is trying really hard to get me into
speed metal, and
thrash metal.
it's taking a while, though. but it's getting there.

my absolute favorite band ever ever ist he beatles, though.

biggrin

You have a very wide variety of music! It's awesome ;D
I listen to different music depending on the setting or mood.
I loved the Beatles Movie, when they were singing in the train, I fell in love! Paul McCarthy (sp?; it's been a while, sorry!) FTW!  

Chompt

ninja in converse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:02 pm
The Obnocker
ninja in converse

classic rock
soft rock
hard rock

xD

folk
bluegrass

classical piano

mainstream pop once in a while, maybe on long car rides when there's nothing else on the radio.

swing, big band
blues

speed metal, and
thrash metal.

biggrin

I loved the Beatles Movie, when they were singing in the train, I fell in love! Paul McCarthy (sp?; it's been a while, sorry!) FTW!

why thank you!
same here.
ah, i think that was a hard day's night. i love that movie! i also love help!, the next amazing movie they did.
paul mccartney. you were close though!
yes, pmac FTW indeed!
;D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:02 pm
Star_Catcher_567
Well, I like a lot of stuff. I find it easier to say what I don't like. XD But I do like:

Rock
Alternative
Techno
What is considered 'emo' nowadays like My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy. I don't really see how FOB is emo but whatever. >.<

Also some bands I like are kind of unique to my tastes. Nightwish and Cradle of Filth are good, but the others that fall under their genre I either haven't heard or haven't really liked.

I agree with the FOB thing. I don't think they're emo, IMO.
LMAO, when I think of Disney now, I think of Demi Lavato (sp?), Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana. Whatever happened to Phil of the Future? ): LOL.  

Chompt

Chompt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:05 pm
ninja in converse
The Obnocker
ninja in converse

classic rock
soft rock
hard rock

xD

folk
bluegrass

classical piano

swing, big band
blues

speed metal, and
thrash metal.

biggrin

why thank you!
same here.
ah, i think that was a hard day's night. i love that movie! i also love help!, the next amazing movie they did.
yes, pmac FTW indeed!
;D

My dad likes watching black and white movies. I catch him laughing hysterically sometimes. It's funny because he's Asian, LOL.
Ahh, I knew I was close! I love seeing Paul at music awards and such, it makes me happy seeing him still alive x]
"PMAC" LMAAO, gave me a good laugh, I shall call him that now.
"YO, PMAC, SIGN MY STOMACH!!!1!"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:11 pm
The Obnocker
ninja in converse
The Obnocker
ninja in converse

classic rock
soft rock
hard rock

xD

folk
bluegrass

classical piano

swing, big band
blues

speed metal, and
thrash metal.

biggrin

why thank you!
same here.
yes, pmac FTW indeed!
;D

My dad likes watching black and white movies. I catch him laughing hysterically sometimes. It's funny because he's Asian, LOL.
Ahh, I knew I was close! I love seeing Paul at music awards and such, it makes me happy seeing him still alive x]

WOAH SRSLY?
that's awesome, i think your dad just made my day.
surprised
but i laugh hysterically at black and white movies, too, so that's okay.

yup, me too. once in a while i cry when a see him, lol.
and he will never die. >:|
like he was recently on david letterman, and that was pretty sweet.
yup, calling him pmac is awesome. rolling stone magazine sometimes calls him Macca, but i like pmac better. lmao. it's like a rap name. but not really.

ninja in converse

Star_Catcher_567

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:16 pm
The Obnocker
Star_Catcher_567

Rock
Alternative
Techno

LMAO, when I think of Disney now, I think of Demi Lavato (sp?), Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana. Whatever happened to Phil of the Future? ): LOL.

Lmao I know right? Frankly I love old disney. Like The Lion King and The Fox and The Hound.

What is so wrong with that? Why'd they have to change it all? Srsly. I watched Herculeus (SP) the other day and I had a warm fuzzy feeling inside from nostalgia or something! XD I was singing like such a geek.

Yeah, FOB to me is more like pop rock or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:23 pm
I like Rock and Metal because most of the songs I listen to are in one of the categories.  

Tiblets

8,750 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

Chompt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:29 pm
ninja in converse
The Obnocker
ninja in converse
The Obnocker
ninja in converse

classic rock
soft rock
hard rock

xD

folk
bluegrass

classical piano

swing, big band
blues

speed metal, and
thrash metal.

biggrin

why thank you!
same here.
yes, pmac FTW indeed!
;D

WOAH SRSLY?
that's awesome, i think your dad just made my day.
surprised
but i laugh hysterically at black and white movies, too, so that's okay.

yup, me too. once in a while i cry when a see him, lol.
and he will never die. >:|
like he was recently on david letterman, and that was pretty sweet.
yup, calling him pmac is awesome. rolling stone magazine sometimes calls him Macca, but i like pmac better. lmao. it's like a rap name. but not really.

It's hard for me to watch movies in black and white D:
Naww, pmac lives forever, bro.
pmac needs to get into the rapping industry and wear some more bling bling if you know what I mean-mean? (;
Sorry, I declined your request by accident D:  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:36 pm
Star_Catcher_567
The Obnocker
Star_Catcher_567

Rock
Alternative
Techno

Lmao I know right? Frankly I love old disney. Like The Lion King and The Fox and The Hound.

What is so wrong with that? Why'd they have to change it all? Srsly. I watched Herculeus (SP) the other day and I had a warm fuzzy feeling inside from nostalgia or something! XD I was singing like such a geek.

Yeah, FOB to me is more like pop rock or something.

Lion King is one of my dads favourite movies. He even calls my little sister Symba (sp?) sometimes, LOL.
OMG, LOL. I always sing to old disney movies, they make me feel so alive!  

Chompt

-x-Lady Fenrir-

Sexy Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:50 pm
Mainly I listen to rock and metal. Underground bands, foreign bands, symphonic metal, black metal, everything <3

Some of my all time favorite bands are:
Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Slipknot, Pantera, Metallica, System Of A Down, and Nightwish. Granted I have more, but it's such a huge list. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.While I should say I like instrumentals the best (considering that's the actual genre), I'll say I prefer video game instrumentals the most. There's just something about video game BGMs that make them fun to listen to when you're driving, playing online, or even cleaning. o__o I take a CD of video game BGMs on bus rides when it's too hot for a car, or when I'm riding my bike to the store, too. A lot of it is really fun to dance to and (even though it's mostly lyric-less) sing to. X3

Cosine39

Chompt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:40 pm
Cosine39
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.While I should say I like instrumentals the best (considering that's the actual genre), I'll say I prefer video game instrumentals the most. There's just something about video game BGMs that make them fun to listen to when you're driving, playing online, or even cleaning. o__o I take a CD of video game BGMs on bus rides when it's too hot for a car, or when I'm riding my bike to the store, too. A lot of it is really fun to dance to and (even though it's mostly lyric-less) sing to. X3

LOL, agreed. I like listening to remixes of Mario Bros. and such.
It's very nice to bounce and bop to the music, LOL.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:51 pm
Cosine39
:O I love your sig! Isn't that that time ticking bad guy from Crash Bandicoot Warped? (I can't remember the bad guys name) Maannn that's such an old game. Awesome biggrin  

-x-Lady Fenrir-

Sexy Vampire

himawari tea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:51 pm
I like songs with japanese lyrics or anime theme songs. You know, the ones considered fan girlish and stuff? But I don't like this music because everyone likes it. I Iike this music because its different from the rap or rock that most people I know listen to. And I like being different.  
♫ International Music ♫

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff