Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
What are your thoughts on abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TammiGirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:32 pm
Quote:
If you don't want a kid, don't spread your legs.

I'll go tell all those whores who got raped that next time they should dress in ways that are harder for men to force their legs open.

Quote:
Would anyone say a dog can abort it's puppies?

You know, we pre-abort millions of puppies annually through spaying and neutering programs. We can't do it to people, unfortunately.

Quote:
I notice that everyone for any kind of abortion has already been born.

I notice that everyone blathering up and down about the right to life as also already been born. What's your point?

Quote:
And I'm a GIRL.

Yeah, so? Does that mean a guy who's pro-choice should carry equal weight to you, and pro-choice women and pro-life men should both get disregarded because they aren't taking a special opinion? Let me ask you this, do you think we should listen to a pro-holocaust Jew just because he's a Jew?

Quote:
I don't think it's a choice.

Well the law says it is.

Quote:
Yeah, the sitauation may be sad and it might suck a**, but you know...there's a reason we're having problems in this country.

Yeah, we let the banking industry run wild and now their irresponsible lending practices destroyed the country.

Quote:
Because we've killed MILLIONS of possible working people since Roe v. Wade.

Yeah, and the population actually increased since then. A lot. In the 1990s the US population grew by more people than live in France.

Quote:
Abortion is bad.

Whoever said it was good? Unintended pregnancies are problems where there's only bad solutions.

Quote:
I have yet to meet someone who has had an abortion who doesn't regret it.

Great, have you ever met someone who gave a kid up for adoption and didn't regret it? Have you ever met someone who dropped out of school, had to work as a waitress to make ends meet, and lived in poverty afterwards who didn't regret it? I mean, what's the ideal here? Are we glad this girl they found in California who was getting raped at 11 by a ***** kept her two rape babies? Is that the ideal we want? Sucks to be you, next time don't dress like a slut and lead on 50 year old pervs. Good luck raising your babies by him. To hell with that! Let me ask you this, have you ever met a woman who regretted giving up a baby conceived by a rape?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:06 pm
I'm not for abortion no matter what. God makes things happen, like the life of a baby. And if the baby might kill you during pregnancy, it was God's decision to have that, and we're unnaturally ending this. If a girl was raped and got pregnant than God wanted it to happen.  

Magus Kathrine

iFailTaco

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:27 pm
Timmyboy59
I believe that abortion is wrong because God has a purpose for ever thing abortion is killing children who have a purpose.I also think its horrible to take anything or anybodys life that should not be your choice its Gods choice when he wants to take someones life.

I agree. But it should only be legal if it in terms of rape. Obama's plan to pay people to get abortions is wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:40 pm
Quote:
God makes things happen, like the life of a baby. And if the baby might kill you during pregnancy, it was God's decision to have that, and we're unnaturally ending this. If a girl was raped and got pregnant than God wanted it to happen.

And the problem with the God willed it so argument is that it can be used for anything. How about if a girl goes to get an abortion, God willed it so. After all, God erected no obstruction that rendered the abortion unobtainable, just the same as he did not arrange that the aforementioned rape should not result in a pregnancy. The God argument cuts both ways.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Senonas Demon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:36 pm
@Tammigirl:

I like how you didn't include the "a life is a life".

Because you know what? A life is a life. Abortion is murder. If you promote abortion, you promote murder, because life begins at conception. And I don't give a damn what the scientists or experts say about that because I firmly believe that life begins at conception.

No matter what argument you come up with, a life is still a life.

And no, I haven't met a woman who gave up the rape baby. Have you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am
Quote:
I like how you didn't include the "a life is a life".

You wouldn't include it in any other discussion where it applies, I'm sure. Are you anti-war? Or is a life only a life if it isn't brown and living in the Middle East? Should we bomb Iranian reactors to keep them from getting nuclear weapons, even though many "life is a lives" might be lost? How about executions? A life is a life, unless the state takes it?

Quote:
A life is a life. Abortion is murder.

A zygote isn't a life, it's a cell cluster.

Quote:
And I don't give a damn what the scientists or experts say about that because I firmly believe that life begins at conception.

Well then there's not much point in this discussion is there? I mean, if we want to debate the shape of the Earth, and you think it's flat, and you firmly believe that no matter what scientists and experts tell you, then there's really not much reasoning with you.

Quote:
No matter what argument you come up with, a life is still a life.

Would you shoot a rapist to keep him from raping you? I would, even though if he just rapes me, then no life is lost. I'm not going to spread my legs for some perv just because "a life is a life." Some lives make themselves killably inconvenient for others, if you consider cell-clusters and pre-developed tissue a life.

Quote:
And no, I haven't met a woman who gave up the rape baby. Have you?

Yes, I have. My friend Janet was date-raped when she was 16. She got pregnant from it too. What happened to her destroyed her life. After the rape she was a totally different person. She didn't want to talk to anyone, she started doing drugs, she tried to kill herself. We worked really hard, me, her friends, her family, just to bring her back from going off the rails. When she found out she was pregnant she nearly went off again. She actually said to me "Tammi, I was starting to put this all behind me. Now every morning I wake up and "it" is there, and I just want to die all over again." She couldn't have this kid. She couldn't wake up every day with that reminder still there, still inside her. So, she had an abortion. I asked her about it once, and she told me she had no regrets. She said even if it was a "life," if she'd carried that thing any longer she would have killed herself before ever delivering. So, add that up, what's one fetus plus one woman? Hint, that's 2 lives. At least she saved one.  

TammiGirl

Pumona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:17 am
Magus Kathrine
I'm not for abortion no matter what. God makes things happen, like the life of a baby. And if the baby might kill you during pregnancy, it was God's decision to have that, and we're unnaturally ending this. If a girl was raped and got pregnant than God wanted it to happen.

So your telling us, A women that is healthy and happily married gets pregnent, goes to deliver, has complications, and is told the baby or her to live. You believe that you should kill yourself? This might sound rough but, I think you need to think about that a little more. I do not believe in abortions either but, if it is medically advised or maybe rape situations then It can be a different story.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:29 pm
Quote:

You wouldn't include it in any other discussion where it applies, I'm sure. Are you anti-war?

Way to bring war into an abortion discussion. I'm for protecting American lives. I'm for protecting Iranian lives. But war is not abortion. War happens because 'peace' can never be acheived. It's sad, true, but peace is an ideal and is not possible because someone will always be dissatisifed.

Quote:

Well then there's not much point in this discussion is there? I mean, if we want to debate the shape of the Earth, and you think it's flat, and you firmly believe that no matter what scientists and experts tell you, then there's really not much reasoning with you.

Then why are you so insistent to try making me see that abortion is justified?

Quote:

Would you shoot a rapist to keep him from raping you? I would, even though if he just rapes me, then no life is lost. I'm not going to spread my legs for some perv just because "a life is a life." Some lives make themselves killably inconvenient for others, if you consider cell-clusters and pre-developed tissue a life.

Like you're going to happen to be carrying a firearm when you're about to raped, and I probably would shoot him. Self defense isn't abortion. The attacker made the choice to attack me, whereas the baby doesn't have a say. The rapist made a choice, and every choice anyone makes has a consequence.
So because it's "inconvienient" for some, it's ok to kill them? I mean, I have an inconvience with traffic every day. Is it ok for me to kill everyone in my way because they're inconviencing me? Of course not.

Besides...if you're not pregnant, you don't need an abortion.
Pregnant: having a child or other offspring developing in the body; with child or young, as a woman or female mammal.
[/dictionary]
Abortion: 1. Also called voluntary abortion. the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy.
2. any of various surgical methods for terminating a pregnancy, esp. during the first six months.
[/dictionary]

That's absolutely horrible what happened to your friend, and I am sorry. Date rape is...I can't even put into words how horrible...

I haven't met a woman who gave up the rape baby, because my cousin had hers. She had to go to surgery because her organs were so messed up from being ravaged again, and again, and again. And yet she loves that little boy. She told me, she said that she couldn't describe how hard it was, but when she sees him smile...it's as though everything goes away.
She was a wreck too, and the b*****d who did it landed in jail with DNA, but God is always working. Anything bad that happens is because the devil was there, working his darkness. God can bring the good out of anything bad. Try thinking about that. God works miracles every day.

Senonas Demon

TammiGirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:51 pm
Quote:
Way to bring war into an abortion discussion.

You justify a pro-life stance with what you claim is a principle. If you principle doesn't apply across the board it's an excuse, not a principle.

Quote:
I'm for protecting American lives.

So am I. Kids who grow up in poverty are more likely to turn to crime. Crimes such as armed robbery regularly lead to felony homicide. The decrease in unintended pregnancies and availability of alternatives has occurred at the same time as a decrease in our crime rates, including our murder rates.

Quote:
But war is not abortion. War happens because 'peace' can never be acheived.

And unintended pregnancies will never be completely wiped out. The difference between us is I care about born brown people, you care about fetuses.

Quote:
Then why are you so insistent to try making me see that abortion is justified?

You're right, I shouldn't. I should continue to sit around and enjoy that abortion is legal and not justify myself or my opinions to those who disagree. I'm extending you a courtesy in explaining why I'm right rather than just sitting back, let the law say it, and blow the occasional raspberry at you.

Quote:
Like you're going to happen to be carrying a firearm when you're about to raped

According to the NRA it happens quite frequently. That's why they like to maintain records on crimes "prevented" by "firearms ownership."

Quote:
and I probably would shoot him. Self defense isn't abortion.

A life is a life, even if it is a rapist.

Quote:
The rapist made a choice, and every choice anyone makes has a consequence.

So, a life is a life, unless it makes a choice that is about to harm you. Wait, scratch that. Iranian nukes are two generations away from hitting the US at least. Iranian nukes just change the power balance in Middle Eastern politics. So, a life is a life unless that life, or its government, makes choices that are about to harm you, or at the very least make attempts at an overseas empire difficult. Then, murder as needed/tactically convenient. That's a bit longer than your simplistic "a life is a life" quote.

Quote:
So because it's "inconvienient" for some, it's ok to kill them?

Sure. That's what the US government did in Afghanistan, Iraq, and wants to do in Iran and North Korea. Any one of those governments would be happy to conclude a peace and security agreement with the US and leave the US alone.

Quote:
Is it ok for me to kill everyone in my way because they're inconviencing me?

No, but I guess you'd be okay with the government bombing them for their oil.

Quote:
Besides...if you're not pregnant, you don't need an abortion.

Thank you. Next are you going to tell me if I'm bald I don't need a haircut?

Hey, cool, I can play dictionary game too;

Quote:
self-rightâ‹…eous
  /ˌsɛlfˈraɪtʃəs, ˈsɛlf-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [self-rahy-chuhs, self-]
–adjective
confident of one's own righteousness, esp. when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.

Quote:
because my cousin had hers.

And I feel sorry for what happened to her, truly, because I have seen what happens to victims of rape. But, here's the difference between you and I. I respect my friend's decision, and your cousin's. You ASSUME your cousin's decision would have been right for my friend. Frankly you don't know enough about other people and how they cope with trauma to make a call like that.

Quote:
Anything bad that happens is because the devil was there, working his darkness.

No, people can sometimes just be miserable shits to one another. "The devil made me do it" is a joke. We make our own choices in life. We do evil. It is because man does it that there is evil.

Quote:
God can bring the good out of anything bad. Try thinking about that. God works miracles every day.

I was born a religious minority in Iran. Trust me, some things in life are just bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 pm
@tammigirl:

The government has absolutely nothing to do with abortion. Except that they may make taxpayers pay for it soon, but other than that, using nukes and the war isn't a legit argument.

Go look up abortion methods.

I've said my peace. I've stated what I believe, and, nothing against you personally (you've provided a very interesting argument), but I can't make you see my side, as you can't make me see yours.

I'm tired of beating a dead horse. I'm sure you are too.

Senonas Demon

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:37 am
Emerald Dragoness
The government has absolutely nothing to do with abortion.

If that were the case, there wouldn't be a debate as to why the government should(n't) interfere with the choice to have one.

Quote:
Except that they may make taxpayers pay for it soon,

Soon? Really, because so far as I knew, they didn't yet.

Quote:
Go look up abortion methods.

I've watched a video where one was performed...

Quote:
I'm tired of beating a dead horse. I'm sure you are too.

Had it been a dead horse, the issue wouldn't be one of the top controversies in US Politics.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:47 pm
I feel it is wrong to kill an unborn's life unless the mother's life is in danger  

starlightlynn30

Friendly Consumer

24,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:42 pm
*cherry*

Well, in all, I'm against abortion. If you have sex with someone and get pregnant and your mad about it, well that's your fault. You should have not spread you legs or used protection.

But rape is a different story, but I still don't believe that she should get her baby aborted. In my opinion, she should give birth to it give it a couple of weeks or months and if she thinks or knows she can't handle a baby at that time in her life, give it up for adoption. I watched this special where this teenager got his girlfriend pregnant, and she was going to get an abortion until she met this one lady who couldn't get prenant and she gave her baby to her. I thought that was very generous and the right thing to do. My aunt is even thinking about adopting a baby because she can't conceive.

But that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:09 pm
cherrydarlin999
I watched this special where this teenager got his girlfriend pregnant, and she was going to get an abortion until she met this one lady who couldn't get prenant and she gave her baby to her. I thought that was very generous and the right thing to do. My aunt is even thinking about adopting a baby because she can't conceive.

Sounds like Juno.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:13 am
Rainbowfied Mouse
cherrydarlin999
I watched this special where this teenager got his girlfriend pregnant, and she was going to get an abortion until she met this one lady who couldn't get prenant and she gave her baby to her. I thought that was very generous and the right thing to do. My aunt is even thinking about adopting a baby because she can't conceive.

Sounds like Juno.

No, actually I haven't seen that movie. My mom told me it was funny though. But no, that special I watched was something on cable.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff