Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Kids, don't mess with homebrew! (My Wii is officially DEAD) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:40 am
~Xiloscent~
Super Cheesio
~Xiloscent~
kattycha
Waynebrizzle
I know how to save your Wii.

Don't void the warranty. >_>

Word! dramallama
for some of us that got the wii around or AT its release the warranty is long gone.

also, can some one point me to a place thats an easy guide to install homebrew? the only reason i gave up on it is because i thought i'd need to install a modchip to use it.
What version Wii are you on? If you're on 4.1 I can't help you.
and how would i know?
*Facepalm* Have you updated recently?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 am
Super Cheesio
Elemental Draconis
Can I ask "what is it?" this time and get an answer? O.o;
I'm curious.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I shall carry my egg with me wherever I go. o_o
Cause I'm strange like that. ;D
What what is?

What is the way of fixing your wii without using a mod-chip, of course. You said you found a way.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I shall carry my egg with me wherever I go. o_o

Xathoa

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 pm
Elemental Draconis
Super Cheesio
Elemental Draconis
Can I ask "what is it?" this time and get an answer? O.o;
I'm curious.
What what is?

What is the way of fixing your wii without using a mod-chip, of course. You said you found a way.
The same way as before, but using a different disc.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:12 pm
Super Cheesio
~Xiloscent~
Super Cheesio
~Xiloscent~
kattycha
Waynebrizzle
I know how to save your Wii.

Don't void the warranty. >_>

Word! dramallama
for some of us that got the wii around or AT its release the warranty is long gone.

also, can some one point me to a place thats an easy guide to install homebrew? the only reason i gave up on it is because i thought i'd need to install a modchip to use it.
and how would i know?
i havn't updated in about a month or so, but is there a way to check your version?

@guruguru: thanks, i think i've been there before though.  

Xilo The Odd

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:39 am
I tried to fix it today and it didn't work. I'm now turning to Nintendo.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:53 am
I just got the homebrew channel a couple days ago. Best thing my Wii has done since I got it. I am not going to screw it up. What did you download that bricked it? I don't know all these tech acronyms yet. I do know what bricked means though.  

ecopper12

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:13 am
Make sure you're grounded when you start movin' s**t around.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:30 am
ecopper12
I just got the homebrew channel a couple days ago. Best thing my Wii has done since I got it. I am not going to screw it up. What did you download that bricked it? I don't know all these tech acronyms yet. I do know what bricked means though.
Just... don't use WAD Manager.  

Super Cheesio

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:09 pm
~Xiloscent~
Super Cheesio
~Xiloscent~
Super Cheesio
~Xiloscent~

and how would i know?
i havn't updated in about a month or so, but is there a way to check your version?

@guruguru: thanks, i think i've been there before though.

Go to the Wii Menu and open the settings page. It should say what your firmware version is in the top right corner.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Apparently, the X-Box 360's latest update has a firmware tracker, and Microsoft is just waiting to banhammer them all at once if their firmware isn't legit. >>;

Syn of Sin

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:24 pm
But WADs are awesome! D:

And homebrew enables sweet, sweet Brawl hacking. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:04 pm
hmm, i've tried to follow those instructions guru gave me, but none of the banner bomb apps are working for me! i have a version they said could work, i tried each file and various version, all the same result. it'd either lock up and i'd have to turn it off, or i would get a black box with an exception error and it would lock up. and then i'd have to turn it off.

any good trouble shooting sites?  

Xilo The Odd

loving_sorrow

Anxious Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:31 pm
This is going to sound really noobish....
But uh... what is Homebrew?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:10 pm
How do you get this "Homebrew Channel"? Is it just a site you go to through the Wii's internet browser and download?  

ravemast

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:01 pm
Homebrew is any program made to run on the Wii that hasn't been authorized or sold. So basically bedroom programs made to run on your wii, ranging from interesting applications to homebrew games.

To obtain it, you'll have to use some sort of exploit (Twilight Hack or BannerBomb) to start the Homebrew Channel Installer (or BootMii Installer for BannerBomb) which will then put the Homebrew Channel on your wii.

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff