Welcome to Gaia! ::

RoseSoul Tribe

Back to Guilds

this guild will be a community of RPing, Debate/Discussion, Art/Litterature, Contests and Fellowship. 

Tags: roleplaying, fantasy, contests, music, occult 

Reply RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum
Recipes, Resturaunts, and other food-related info! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Layla Oleander

8,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:55 pm
I would help you but... I don't know what Kosher food is... Like I know it is food~
But, I do not know if it is kosher or not~ Sorry!

How ever on a side note, I need a recipe for like chunky vegetable paste like stuff~ It is to see what it will be like to eat like my friend will have to~  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:07 pm
when grocery shopping, you can tell if food is Kosher or not because it will be marked with a little "K" in a circle.  

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Layla Oleander

8,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:16 pm
I thought that stood for 'K-mart'!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 pm
Layla Oleander
I would help you but... I don't know what Kosher food is... Like I know it is food~
But, I do not know if it is kosher or not~ Sorry!

How ever on a side note, I need a recipe for like chunky vegetable paste like stuff~ It is to see what it will be like to eat like my friend will have to~

Kosher basically means no shell fish or pork. There are a *few* other rules, but that's the easiest way to understand it. I'm also looking for Oyster Sauce that's made from oyster mushrooms and NOT the shell fish.  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Figuren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:58 pm
Rasta Pasta

So this is spicy, but I think it's delicious. If you want to tone it down just alter the spice a bit. It uses Jerk Spice, a Jamaican spice mixture that's really delicious, even if seemingly unorthodox. I wanted to try it out in a pasta and this is what I came up with .

Jerk Spice:
2 tablespoons cayenne
1 tablespoon chili flakes (or a small chili, seeded and diced very thinly)
2.5 tablespoons thyme
1.5 tablespoons cinnamon
1.5 tablespoons allspice
2 tablespoons garlic powder (you can always chop 2 cloves of garlic instead)

Pasta (whatever kind you prefer). Remember no matter how you prepare this you want a lot more pasta than sauce.
Quinoa -- about two cups (Quinoa is a complete protein and is just generally awesome for you)
2 tablespoons olive oil for this (you could always use safflower, grapeseed or canola -- though canola is generally to be avoided because it's so often a GMO).

Sauce
1 carrot, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped very finely (in addition to what's mixed with the spices)
1 tomato, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil (or whatever other kind you're using)
I added 2 tablespoons of hummous to this, but that's optional
1 tablespoon vinegar (balsamic, ideally)

First, start the pasta and quinoa. Doesn't really matter which order. Once both have been started (or in my case the pasta finished and the quinoa started, heat a large pan (about medium-high). Pour on the olive oil and fry the onions for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and carrot, and let cook for 5-6 more minutes before adding the tomato.

At about this point the pasta and quinoa should be done. Mix those two together, and pour about a third of the jerkspice over this. Mix slightly then add the olive oil and toss well, getting the spices mixed consistently).

Add the rest of the spice to the frying vegetables and stir. Let sit for a minute or two then add the soy milk and sauce, hummous if you're using it, and the vinegar. Let sit for a minute then add the pepper. After a lot of the liquid has evaporated, remove from heat serve on a dish of the pasta mix.

You can and should alter the recipe (particularly for the spice mixture) depending on your tolerance. I'm a spice nut, so this wasn't too bad for me, but I still found it quite spicy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:44 pm
how much Hummus did you use? smile  

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Figuren

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm
About 2 tablespoons (just edited that, now it's all good)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:00 pm
I am SOO gonna try this out in the Spring. whee  

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items