Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)
Servitors- a challenge to fellow guildmates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:02 pm
Namikikyo
Lol, Then I'm typing it right now.

Oh! I have an actual key! This is great. So now it'll have a physical focus?

And if it's something as simple as a key, I guess it would be dependent on me and wouldn't require much intelligence.

Hmm. But what do I do now? :c I'm sorry I'm being so difficult, I"m just really lost when it comes to servitors.

I saw you use pennies as a "programmer" or "Data base", I have some silvery ribbon that I can tie on the key for the same reason and can untie the ribbon to "deactivate" it.

yup, you'll use the key as a focus and a "homebase" for the servitor (just for reference, what kind of key is it, and how big is it?). if you want one as relatively simple as this, then it won't need to be highly intelligent, just know how to do its job. the ribbon sounds like a good idea, and should help with adding some controls (or as i've referred to them before, "oh s**t" buttons XD ). and remember, a good servitor takes time to design and make, so don't worry yet about being difficult smile

the pennies on my face servitor had a few functions- it tied the servitor to my jar (which held further instructions as to its purpose), reinforced the idea of the programming (job= money earning, hence the pennies), and gave me an emergency killswitch (if it all goes wrong, i just pop the pennies and wax off and she is "blind", and therefore can't leave the focus).
for a key, and for a simple one like this could be, the key, the ribbon, and perhaps a piece of paper detailing what you want could work. if you imagined the ribbon as forming the "wings" of your key, there's your killswitch- take off the ribbon to force it to stay put, then deal with it accordingly. the paper could also hold various symbols and be like my jar was- further programming and the major component of the servitor. it would also be another killswitch (much more final), or a gentler way of dissolving it once it's purpose is served.

make sense?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:40 pm
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo
Lol, Then I'm typing it right now.

Oh! I have an actual key! This is great. So now it'll have a physical focus?

And if it's something as simple as a key, I guess it would be dependent on me and wouldn't require much intelligence.

Hmm. But what do I do now? :c I'm sorry I'm being so difficult, I"m just really lost when it comes to servitors.

I saw you use pennies as a "programmer" or "Data base", I have some silvery ribbon that I can tie on the key for the same reason and can untie the ribbon to "deactivate" it.

yup, you'll use the key as a focus and a "homebase" for the servitor (just for reference, what kind of key is it, and how big is it?). if you want one as relatively simple as this, then it won't need to be highly intelligent, just know how to do its job. the ribbon sounds like a good idea, and should help with adding some controls (or as i've referred to them before, "oh s**t" buttons XD ). and remember, a good servitor takes time to design and make, so don't worry yet about being difficult smile

the pennies on my face servitor had a few functions- it tied the servitor to my jar (which held further instructions as to its purpose), reinforced the idea of the programming (job= money earning, hence the pennies), and gave me an emergency killswitch (if it all goes wrong, i just pop the pennies and wax off and she is "blind", and therefore can't leave the focus).
for a key, and for a simple one like this could be, the key, the ribbon, and perhaps a piece of paper detailing what you want could work. if you imagined the ribbon as forming the "wings" of your key, there's your killswitch- take off the ribbon to force it to stay put, then deal with it accordingly. the paper could also hold various symbols and be like my jar was- further programming and the major component of the servitor. it would also be another killswitch (much more final), or a gentler way of dissolving it once it's purpose is served.

make sense?

I understand, and thank you.

The key is a standard house key, I found it outside one day and haven't really had a use for it. I have to find it now. xD

But here's what it generally looks like;
User Image

I could tie the ribbon through the hole and leave long loops for wings. But if I tie the piece of paper along with the ribbon, I would be deactivating it completely if I take the wings away.. Lol, it'd be one good "Oh, s**t" button. xD

Symbols will be another tricky subject, possibly something that means door opener or separator ((To remove myself from my body)). Something to ensure I had a safe trip and what not.

Also if it's dependent on me, then I'd like to give it a "generator" to hold energy or have then energy I give it amplified so that a little goes a long way.. So I may attach a small quartz to it.

Maybe attach it with wax or a tightly wound ribbon, something along those lines.

I'm very thankful that you're helping me plan this out. I probably never have even gotten this far without your help. xD

Namikikyo

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:12 pm
Namikikyo

The key is a standard house key, I found it outside one day and haven't really had a use for it. I have to find it now. xD

User Image

I could tie the ribbon through the hole and leave long loops for wings. But if I tie the piece of paper along with the ribbon, I would be deactivating it completely if I take the wings away.. Lol, it'd be one good "Oh, s**t" button. xD

Symbols will be another tricky subject, possibly something that means door opener or separator ((To remove myself from my body)). Something to ensure I had a safe trip and what not.

Also if it's dependent on me, then I'd like to give it a "generator" to hold energy or have then energy I give it amplified so that a little goes a long way.. So I may attach a small quartz to it.

Maybe attach it with wax or a tightly wound ribbon, something along those lines.

I'm very thankful that you're helping me plan this out. I probably never have even gotten this far without your help. xD

symbols could be written on a small piece of paper, rolled up, and tied on. or put a sticky dot sticker on the big end. same thing with a quartz point- tie it or glue it to string then tie it to the key smile and, of course, the ribbon for the wings. you could even incorporate an activating chant to "wake" it up.

its no problem. i like trying to figure out how to do things ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:43 pm
erinnightwalker
Namikikyo

User Image

symbols could be written on a small piece of paper, rolled up, and tied on. or put a sticky dot sticker on the big end. same thing with a quartz point- tie it or glue it to string then tie it to the key smile and, of course, the ribbon for the wings. you could even incorporate an activating chant to "wake" it up.

its no problem. i like trying to figure out how to do things ^_^

That sounds good, so now I have a "body", "wings", "hard drive" and "generator".

mrgreen

I can put all those together with white wax from a tea light I have or some clear tape. If you want, I'd love to take some pictures for you of the process when we get it all sorted out..

Anyways, We've got the creature! But how do we bring it to life? Is there a ritual process?

Namikikyo

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:16 pm
Namikikyo
That sounds good, so now I have a "body", "wings", "hard drive" and "generator".

mrgreen

I can put all those together with white wax from a tea light I have or some clear tape. If you want, I'd love to take some pictures for you of the process when we get it all sorted out..

Anyways, We've got the creature! But how do we bring it to life? Is there a ritual process?

yay for pictures! mrgreen they'd probably go up on the front page under a new heading (thank god i reserved so many XD)

the process is different for everyone and every servitor. these are just some of the things that i do to prepare.

when i make a servitor, i get all my supplies together (though i don't always use them all.... XD i meant to add some herbs to a particular one and completely forgot them, but it didn't matter in the end). if you like incense, either choose one that you like or one that you think will help with the servitor's purpose. if you find it distracting, then don't use it.

even if you normally don't use a circle, i would recommend casting one for your first servitor. if the area you make the servitor in isn't "clean", cleanse it. both the circle and the cleansing help make sure that you don't get anything into the servitor that you don't want in it (not saying that its likely, just saying that its possible).

to actually create it is fairly simple. create a ball of energy by whatever method you prefer and form it into the shape of your servitor. sink it into the focus and "tell" it that this is it's home. once its done, give it a few days to get settled before using it.

a note on taking pictures- i'd take them before you actually put down the activating mark(s). that's personal, in my opinion, and without the activating mark(s), no one online can... appropriate it, shall we say? wink  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:06 pm
Now announcing a new idea- anyone want spell diagrams?  

erinnightwalker

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:45 pm
i have recently been drawing several servitors of various types and functions. however, i really don't need all of them XD so i'm open to ideas of how to use them, get them to those who need them, or let people "test drive" them and see if i'm doing it right smile anyone interested?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:17 am
I don't think I called them servitors but I will use that name.

Uses are pretty much as varied as your creativity can make them. I usually use them as a means to get information. If you do them well enough people don't pick up on the fact that they are just a constructed thing. So I use them to talk to people in my stead because I have issues with talking to people energetically and I have funky sight but I'm really good at making things.

I usually don't use herbs or anythings... and I don't have a problem with other things tinging my energy and dirtying it up

I suggest creating a complex personality for the servitor. This allows the servitor more flexibility in how to interpret orders and allows it to be more interactive and take on more tasks. I spend a while going through simple logical proofs with it. I wouldn't mind showing one of my servitors but I would have to attach it to an object to do so. Their a pretty good imitation of a person. Since I constructed there personalities they are a bit more useful then relying on spirits to talk to people for you.

I tend to make a power source which mostly runs on purified ambient energy, the intake to the core of the servitor purifies the energy by both breaking it down and filtering it so that things can't influence it.

The personalities are my major achievement as they took a while to design. The form is pretty good as its self powered and I don't have to do that much maintenance.
I don't really deal with wings or anything because they seemed impractical and as long as it understood the basic laws of movement then because its an energy construct it shouldn't have any problems.
Soo brain heart and shell that can absorb energy that touches it and an inner shell which prevents unwanted energy to be able to get in.

Generally speaking I would also have an internal power supply that would build potential energy. It would collect energy and charge much like a battery and wouldn't be directly connected to the core... This is also part of the reason the maintenance is soo little. A small charge circulates and reaffirms the connections and associations that I created in my intent when I first made it and thus I don't have to continue to reaffirm it. It still needs a little maintenance though and is generally useless if someone completely cuts off its power sources for a long period of time  

Ishtar Shakti

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:29 am
erinnightwalker
i have recently been drawing several servitors of various types and functions. however, i really don't need all of them XD so i'm open to ideas of how to use them, get them to those who need them, or let people "test drive" them and see if i'm doing it right smile anyone interested?

What type of servitor do you want to test drive?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:37 am
Ishtar Shakti
erinnightwalker

well on the front page in the genie spell segment there is a picture of the servitor-paper i put in the bottle (sans activating marks). i have been drawing both spells and servitors for a while now of all sorts of shapes and functions. off the top of my head i can remember a watcher, a sort of animate alarm system, a very simple messenger, an injector-type, and a delivery servitor. as i said, i don't really need all of them, and i am interested in testing them out, so to speak. the drawn spells work in a slightly different way, but they could also go out into the world for testing. and, the way i have designed the servitors, you *should* be able to have multiple people use it without causing another Fotamecus or having their results get muddied by another user. really, i'm in the final testing phase of my research into this facet of servitor magic.

and i absolutely adore your post on your servitor work. may i add it to the front page? (properly attributed of course)  

erinnightwalker

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:16 am
erinnightwalker
Ishtar Shakti
erinnightwalker

well on the front page in the genie spell segment there is a picture of the servitor-paper i put in the bottle (sans activating marks). i have been drawing both spells and servitors for a while now of all sorts of shapes and functions. off the top of my head i can remember a watcher, a sort of animate alarm system, a very simple messenger, an injector-type, and a delivery servitor. as i said, i don't really need all of them, and i am interested in testing them out, so to speak. the drawn spells work in a slightly different way, but they could also go out into the world for testing. and, the way i have designed the servitors, you *should* be able to have multiple people use it without causing another Fotamecus or having their results get muddied by another user. really, i'm in the final testing phase of my research into this facet of servitor magic.

and i absolutely adore your post on your servitor work. may i add it to the front page? (properly attributed of course)

Of course you can add it ^_^
I appreciate the spread of information.

As to the servitors... how are you handling the multiple person use?
I'm pretty sure there are two ways, one is cueing and the other is multitasking(the servitor has several different tasks and the one that gets priority is the most easiest while you use something like a two brain approach, one half of the processing would work towards problem solving and the other half towards taking action). Or the servitor is a program that kicks into action the second you pump some energy into it. Kind of like a servitor factory. This would be more like creating multiple phantom servitors that link back to the center? I haven't used this approach because it doesn't seem really practical to give something like that a complex form...

If you know another I would be interested in hearing it.

What would the injector type be?

You did a wonderful job documenting your ritual I might add.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:11 am
Ishtar Shakti

Of course you can add it ^_^
I appreciate the spread of information.

As to the servitors... how are you handling the multiple person use?
I'm pretty sure there are two ways, one is cueing and the other is multitasking(the servitor has several different tasks and the one that gets priority is the most easiest while you use something like a two brain approach, one half of the processing would work towards problem solving and the other half towards taking action). Or the servitor is a program that kicks into action the second you pump some energy into it. Kind of like a servitor factory. This would be more like creating multiple phantom servitors that link back to the center? I haven't used this approach because it doesn't seem really practical to give something like that a complex form...

If you know another I would be interested in hearing it.

What would the injector type be?

You did a wonderful job documenting your ritual I might add.

well, at first i had planned to explain them in a bit more detail, then take "sign-ups" for particular ones. that way it would be easier to document individual responses and there would be less risk of overload. the way i planned on these working is that the drawings are all incomplete. they must be activated by the user using their own energy, intent, and symbols. kinda like i drew the primary programming and the end user boots it up. it also means that i don't have a herd of servitors running around my house begging to be used.

the injector type is just what it sounds like- it is set up to inject a spell, intent, or kind of energy into a target. that one i might have to sit on for a while because the chance for misuse is rather large sweatdrop but its really simple. part of the servitor is designed to break off once it has hit the target (and to prevent targeting errors, the "target" is incorporated into the overall design). the broken off part stays and spreads the "injection", eventually dissipating once the energy decays. the rest of the servitor returns and can be used as a measure of how well the injection worked until it dissipates too. i have another servitor made along the same lines that delivers a spell/message/energy and then falls apart. its made so that pieces will break away if it gets "caught" so it can continue on and deliver the intent.  

erinnightwalker

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:41 pm
hehe... at least you aren't using spells like virus' for that one. It is a good name for it considering. I don't think that one might work too too well just because people once they catch onto the existance of foreign energy have a tendency to fight it off and attack/block it out. Usually I try to make more passive spells that attach to the outside of a persons energy. Though the injector type would definitely work better for inanimate objects.

With living beings you have to plan the mode of entry etc. and then that just brings up some ethical issues concerning manipulation.

Sooo pretty much for the servitors they have start ups and the program ends and recycles back to its original state once the persons job is done. I might suggest incorporating a reaffirmation of the original structure when the job is done just to rid the affects of the activation energy/intent from its framework.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:22 pm
I created a servitor the other day. It destroyed itself. It basically collapsed under the strain of task I wanted it to do.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:01 am
Tenrai Kado
I created a servitor the other day. It destroyed itself. It basically collapsed under the strain of task I wanted it to do.

What were you trying to get it to do and what was your process for making it?  
The Grimoire (Techniques, Rituals and Methods)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games