Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
What religion do you respect the most? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What religion do you rspect the most?
  Christianity
  Jewdeism
  Islam
  Buhdism
  Scientology
  Hinduism
  other
View Results

What Happened To LSD

1,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:09 pm
Captain_Shinzo
MOST respect for?
I would say, in personal experience, Muslims and Hindus.
Unlike Christians, they actually don't post their religion in ADs and push it around everywhere. They also don't slander other religions, bully people because of religion, or have their religion shown in a public manner.
( Or atleast not like Christians and Churches. )

As per Muslims, the people might not be as pushy, but the religion itself is horrible.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:22 pm
I tend to not care in what others believe in.
( Besides, they have also debunked Christianity many times by showing its flaws. XD Bible wise and debate wise. )

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Emerald Warrior Jewel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:31 pm
Captain_Shinzo
I tend to not care in what others believe in.
( Besides, they have also debunked Christianity many times by showing its flaws. XD Bible wise and debate wise. )

Exactly yet they still think its true... It's BS... and they cant even see the truth right in front of their own faces...

Do you think its the 'Ignnorance is Bliss' thing? Or that their really that stupid?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:26 am
I respect Laveyan Vatanism the most because I agree with allot of the beliefs. I also respect Buddhism because it teaches self improvement and nonviolence.  

Zambimaru

The Emoholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:45 pm
Generally, I respect a lot of the Eastern Asian religions, such as Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism. They seem generally peaceful, and their true goal really is self betterment. If I HAD to convert to a religion, I'd become a Taoist or Buddhist most likely.
I also respect Jews in some ways. They've had to endure so much throughout history. However, I don't feel that they deserved to take over the land in Israel. Just because it is what you claim to be your spiritual ground doesn't mean you have the right to that land. :/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:48 pm
Technically Confucianism was just a way of life and not a religion.

I also have some respect for Methadist Christians.
They don't give of damn about your religion or theirs.
They are pretty laid-back people and usually play sports instead of praying at Churches.

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Jester the Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 pm
I have respect for most religions, except sciencetology, and christianity, the rest haven't affected me enough for me to not respect them  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:50 pm
Probably Baha'i. Their philosophy makes the most sense by far, and as far as I know no one's ever been killed by a Baha'i for religious reasons.  

Lethkhar

brainnsoup

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:25 pm
What Happened To LSD
Captain_Shinzo
MOST respect for?
Unlike Christians, they actually don't post their religion in ADs and push it around everywhere. They also don't slander other religions, bully people because of religion, or have their religion shown in a public manner.

As per Muslims, the people might not be as pushy, but the religion itself is horrible.
I don't know much about Islam, but why do you say that?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:40 pm
brainnsoup
What Happened To LSD
Captain_Shinzo
MOST respect for?

I don't know much about Islam, but why do you say that?

The sexism as a women really gets to me

Here is the Quran annotated by an Atheist; who points out all of the horrible things within the religion.
Islam is a little bit easier to judge as negative because we still have cultures today in which are governed by the religion; and all of those are horrible places to live.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/Quran/index.htm  

What Happened To LSD

1,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Colm-kun

2,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:13 pm
I don't know... as far as I'd say Shintoism. They are able to practice it without pressing it on others and they don't take it as seriously as Christianity does as far as I know. If otherwise someone tell me. I mostly find Shinto Mythology interesting.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff