Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
A bunch of idiots!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the illegal aliens be allowed to go to college?
  Yes
  No
  Who cares
View Results

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:52 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse

If only I hated America, never shaved, and lived in San Francisco.

@Drark - I agree with LB. But, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to study here anyways... we're too bureaucratic when it comes to immigration for student visas... our school has a ton of them... it's not easy to get visas here, let alone citizenship.

Well as hard as it is to come, I think if you really want something bad you should be patient. Like becoming a US citizen. Like Lord Biteman said Mexico is a good environment for Mexicans and since jobs are getting better there like Oil,Agriculture,Minerals,new business of manufacturing and assembly, telecommunications, tourism..there a growing economy.

So what about Cubans?

Go to Mexico or come here. I have shown you that the jobs in Mexico are picking back up. INstead of traveling all that way. Why not go to Mexico where they speak the same launguage.

Why not just skip it and go to America? This is your opinion... I'm sure it's not the majority of Cubans that want to escape.

Quote:
his is your opinion... I'm sure it's not the majority of Cubans that want to escape.
This is your opinion as well. I seriously doubt you have gone to Cuba and asked everyone Cuban that want to leave wether they would rather go to the States then Mexico.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:55 pm
Great, I'm glad you now realize there are varying opinions on the matter, so why not leave them a choice.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:03 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Great, I'm glad you now realize there are varying opinions on the matter, so why not leave them a choice.

I never said they couldn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:12 pm
But they'd be breaking the law...  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Drarksupersaiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:13 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
But they'd be breaking the law...

Not if they come legally and wait.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:39 pm
Quote:
So what about Cubans?

that's the fault of the Cuba's leadership, not ours. Cuba is responsible for imprisoning their people.

Quote:
I agree with LB. But, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to study here anyways... we're too bureaucratic when it comes to immigration for student visas... our school has a ton of them... it's not easy to get visas here, let alone citizenship.

there are problems with the immigration policy, it should be fixed <-- like that's going to happen rolleyes

If illegal immigrants are to be allowed into our schools, they should 1) pay out-of-state tuition and 2) not get any financial aid that should go to American students.
I want immigrants to come to our country, since they benefit our economy. My solution is to make getting a legal citizenship cheaper and the wait shorter.  

Latopazora

Pumona

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:07 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Drarksupersaiyan
Rainbowfied Mouse
People shouldn't be judged by where they came from. Just because you were not fortunate to be born in the US doesn't mean that you should be stuck behind some border while tons of forms need to be filed and sorted to wait for years while your family is starving.

Years? I have a family member who lived in Mexico for a couple because of business and when he came back to the states it took him a few months. Also I think your exaggerating about the starving. Mexico's economy is actually growing. Their economy is the 8th in the world last I checked. The jobs are starting to come back like the oil industry, their supposed to be getting really big now so is minerals, agriculture, new business of manufacturing and assembly, telecommunications, tourism.

I think you're generalizing. Our illegal immigrants don't just come from Mexico.

And yes, I know for a fact that many take years. I have many friends who have family waiting to come up here. My neighbors are Puerto Rican, and I actually know some illegal immigrants.

The only time I do not agree with illegal aliens staying here is when they work for less money in a business... but this is more the business's fault trying to pry to their advantage.

You are right it can take years to get a citizenship here, but I will always disagree with what else you said. If you come here illegally you should be deported right away.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:16 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse,
I have some questions for you. If you lived in Mexico and decided that coming to America illegally is better for you, don't you consider yourself a traiter to your country at all? How about these people stay in their country to help fix it up if you claim it is so bad there. Why do you think it was so bad there? If anyone wants to come to America they should become a citizen just like you would follow the rules to any other country we go to. Just because you want something does not mean it should be just handed to you.  

Pumona

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:38 pm
Pumona
If you lived in Mexico and decided that coming to America illegally is better for you, don't you consider yourself a traiter to your country at all?

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious ~Oscar Wilde
I don't think where you're born should have any effect to which freedoms and opportunities you'd like to have, whether you're like me and staying within a border awaiting for the nation to change their laws to give equal rights, or you're like some illegal immigrants that want the opportunities right away, both have something, but have different methods of achieving it.

Quote:
How about these people stay in their country to help fix it up if you claim it is so bad there. Why do you think it was so bad there?

I don't think America is perfect... but if Canada seemed more fitting, why not go there? Some people just don't like their country's policies.

Quote:
If anyone wants to come to America they should become a citizen just like you would follow the rules to any other country we go to.

America is not a heterogeneous society, we're all from immigrants from some time period [except Native Americans.] My great grandparents didn't come here legally, they came here to stop persecution for being different... being married to a Jew in 1930s Germany is not a good idea... I don't know what's going on in Mexico, or other latino countries, but if they want here, they have reason... I would... especially considering all the drug wars going on in Mexico.

Quote:
Just because you want something does not mean it should be just handed to you.

Say that to the millions of Europeans that lived under unjust systems, and/or starvation in the 1800s, or the chinese refugees that are escaping religious and political oppression, or the cuban refugees escaping murder for disliking their dictator, or the Christian arabians that are fleeing from being persecuted because they believe in a different God. I'm sure they'll tell you differently. Just because you were born in a sucky area doesn't mean you should be pinned down to that country's policies... why limit those who want to come here?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:30 pm
Quote:
I don't think America is perfect... but if Canada seemed more fitting, why not go there? Some people just don't like their country's policies.

In many cases, where it pertains to illegals, they're not coming to the US out of a policy preference, but coming instead to earn money and head back to Mexico. That IS turning their back on their country. In doing so they sustain a broken system by siphoning wealth from the US and using it as a pressure valve against forcing changes to the system in Mexico.

Quote:
America is not a heterogeneous society, we're all from immigrants from some time period [except Native Americans.]

Actually what you just described IS a heterogeneous society. You meant homogeneous.

Quote:
My great grandparents didn't come here legally, they came here to stop persecution for being different... being married to a Jew in 1930s Germany is not a good idea...

They snuck in, or they bypassed normal citizenship channels by declaring themselves refugees? BIG difference.

Quote:
I don't know what's going on in Mexico, or other latino countries, but if they want here, they have reason... I would... especially considering all the drug wars going on in Mexico.

Most Mexicans don't come here as refugees. Most come for employment since Mexico is unable to deliver it to them (despite having a vast and lucrative oil industry).

Quote:
I'm sure they'll tell you differently. Just because you were born in a sucky area doesn't mean you should be pinned down to that country's policies... why limit those who want to come here?

Because the system can only accommodate so many at a time. You need reasonable limits. You also need a balanced intake and good integration of those you let in. You need to give them time to assimilate. You can't just let in huge swaths of people from the same place all at once. Yugoslavia did this with Albanians when the Albanian economy collapsed, and it led to the separatist movement in Kosovo, and nearly led to another such movement in Macedonia. In fact, this same problem tore the Roman Empire to pieces. Goths and other Germanics were legally settled en masse in the Roman Empire in its later period. In the end that led to the fracturing of the Empire. Without limits on how many and from where you risk turning the US into the Balkans.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

xxKellieUriexx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:15 am
First of all, they shouldn't even be here. They come here and hard working people like my dad, a white construction worker, have to pay for them. So, no. They absolutely should not be able to go to college here. If they want to live here a go to school here, they have to come here legally, get a job, learn english, and pay taxes just like anyother GOOD American citizen.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:38 pm
xxKellieUriexx
First of all, they shouldn't even be here. They come here and hard working people like my dad, a white construction worker, have to pay for them. So, no. They absolutely should not be able to go to college here. If they want to live here a go to school here, they have to come here legally, get a job, learn english, and pay taxes just like anyother GOOD American citizen.

Hi there, you are definitly right on.  

Pumona

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:59 pm
xxKellieUriexx
learn english

Tell that to the immigrants of the 1800s-early 1900s... I'm sure they'll understand your English. The same people that most people are related to.

Quote:
and pay taxes just like anyother GOOD American citizen.

Really, I didn't realize that paying taxes results you into a 'good' status...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:02 pm
I think that if they are free of a criminal record, and they are willing to apply for a student visa to legally attend college here as well as pay some sort of fine for their illegal immigration, they should be allowed to attend college.

However, I completely disagree with sending illegal immigrants to college the same way we send citizens to college. I think it is wrong on every level to reward someone for breaking the law; and besides, for every illegal immigrant that is admitted to college here, that means one less spot for a legal immigrant on a valid student visa or an American citizen. And that, in my opinion, is unacceptable.  

thatdude111

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Pumona
xxKellieUriexx

Hi there, you are definitly right on.

Agreed. 3nodding  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas