So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
1st Pokemon Cards? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many years have you been following Pokemon?
  6 years +
  Under 6 years
View Results

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:14 am
You know what I loved most about the card game? That it was really based on luck with the coin flip.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:52 am
My first holo: Alakazam. My second was the original Charizard...

My first card was a squirtle.  

The Vorpal Tom

DivineDragonTiki

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:50 pm
My first card was an Eevee. ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:14 pm
I think mine was a Diglett... =/  

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:05 pm
First Promo Pikachu FTW.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:39 am
Have I ever got a story for this one. My cousin gave me my first booster pack for Christmas, and it was a Jungle pack. As luck would have it, inside there was a holo of my then-favorite Pokemon, Jolteon. The odd thing was it had a defect; the Jungle symbol was missing on the side of the card. Much later on, after I had many more cards, I bought my first Neo Discovery pack and inside was a holo of my still-favorite Pokemon, Espeon. Shortly after that I bought my second Neo Discovery pack and got a holo Umbreon. I bought Flareon and Vaporeon off my friend to finish the set.

Then disaster struck. I had my five favorite cards out on the desk when my sister spilled a can of Coke everywhere. All five cards were ruined. That same morning, I managed to win five eBay auctions to replace all five cards, including a Jolteon with an identical defect to my original.

By the time Diamond and Pearl came out, I had totally stopped buying Pokemon cards, so I cheated and picked up Leafeon and Glaceon off eBay. Had to keep the set complete, after all.  

GuruGuru214

Le Chapeau

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:13 pm
My first holo was a Vileplume, which I still have :B
And Orph, the same thing happened to me but with a holo ******** CHARIZARD
FIRST EDITION
The little shitface traded me a Ratata, and like, a pidgey
And his logic was that their HP added up to be more than Charizards, and I never had either, so I was like "HOSHIT COUNT ME IN"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:16 pm
GuruGuru214
Have I ever got a story for this one. My cousin gave me my first booster pack for Christmas, and it was a Jungle pack. As luck would have it, inside there was a holo of my then-favorite Pokemon, Jolteon. The odd thing was it had a defect; the Jungle symbol was missing on the side of the card. Much later on, after I had many more cards, I bought my first Neo Discovery pack and inside was a holo of my still-favorite Pokemon, Espeon. Shortly after that I bought my second Neo Discovery pack and got a holo Umbreon. I bought Flareon and Vaporeon off my friend to finish the set.

Then disaster struck. I had my five favorite cards out on the desk when my sister spilled a can of Coke everywhere. All five cards were ruined. That same morning, I managed to win five eBay auctions to replace all five cards, including a Jolteon with an identical defect to my original.

By the time Diamond and Pearl came out, I had totally stopped buying Pokemon cards, so I cheated and picked up Leafeon and Glaceon off eBay. Had to keep the set complete, after all.
Watch 'em come out with a new Pokemon evolution in the next generation.  

MaverickDrifter

Seridao

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:02 pm
I have a Diglett from like the VERY first cards. It is preserved in a case. DON'T JUDGE ME... XD jks..  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 am
First card I got was an abra, which I then traded for a machop, which I then traded for a nidoran male, all in the process of one recess.

The first card pack I bought was a jungle expansion, in it was a flareon card, don't even think it was holographic, but I still have that card. Traded it once, traded back for it cause I felt bad afterward.

Sentimental value and all that.  

Yin Yun Yang

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:19 am
my first holographic was a Dark dragonair  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:15 am
Bulbasaur! Also my first holo! It's a bit sad though that everyone else in the 2nd grade tried to take it when I was showing friends. I still have it though, I got it laminated and use it as a book mark biggrin  

Grar teh Kitteh

Nozama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:35 am
Magmar. Some kid gave it to me. He was all "Here ya go" and I was all "Kthx"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:53 pm
I gota dig mine out but I got two charazards from the base edition of the game... good times.  

Cattra Nightblade

Hinata19515

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:05 am
My first card was the one that my brother didnt want... it was eevee but he siad it was eevee ex eek
who the F**K ever heard of an eevee ex I still have it after I stole it back from my ex-bestfriend  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff