Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailormoon... why the heck do people call it childish, when Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wubbzy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:19 am
For the English version, I think they changed it to a point where you wouldn't be surprised to hear Barney music playing in the background....  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:42 am
odango181
For the English version, I think they changed it to a point where you wouldn't be surprised to hear Barney music playing in the background....

I wouldn't doubt it!!! I want to kill the english dubbers.....  

I_Love_Trunks

MikatoSakato

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:14 am
I_Love_Trunks
odango181

Agreed. Allow me to join you. Lets go editing hunting.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:25 am
I know! I hate it when people assume that just because you like Sailor Moon, you're stupid and childish!! They've never really, truly, seen it so they have no right to say that!!! >_<

animeprincess88

tererun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:32 am
MikatoSakato
I_Love_Trunks
odango181

I would be glad to come along, but can we also pile on the makers of cardcaptors and mew mew power also?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:37 am
MikatoSakato
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki
MikatoSakato
Tetki

have you tried getting them offline? like downloading them from bittorrent.com? ^^; or buying off ebay?

I dont trust ebay. And my dad doenst allow me to Download. crying

damn that sucks sad

Yeah. Not to mention they dont even have it at any of the Movie rent places. Its soo sad.

yeah that adds to the woe =( is there any other online shopping you trust like amazon.com? or Half.com? or any thing like that? =o

I dont trust it if I cant check the merchandise........ I get really picky on the kind of condition my movies, and mangas are in. sweatdrop

On ebay you can usually ask lots and lots of questions about the item you are looking at. Sellers are usually nice and trust worthy thats why they have the feedback. If they are bad and rip people off you can tell by their feedback.

and on a side note. sometimes barnes & noble, hastings, sam goody, suncoast, and borders have them in their dvd sections. they are quite pricey tho  

Kotusa

Feril

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:33 pm
Kaiou Michiru
Lillico
Hotaru230
insane_swordbunny4486
Is killing yourself because your lover died a childish thing? I think not....

i dont think this ever happened in sailormoon nor do i think usagi would do this

keep in mind that this is a magical girls series and they all are viewed as childish by most of the anime community our there.

and basically the DIC dub really screwed sailormoon over in the US

i think this is in refrence to Haruka and Michiru.

Hmm... I thought it was in reference to Serenity-hime committing suicide after witnessing the death of Endymion.

Neither Haruka nor Michiru ever commit suicide for that reason. In the anime, Haruka does kill herself, but only in order to release her own talisman.

Except there were three talismans to gain and they had promised that if one of them died, the other had to complete thier mission, meaning Haruka pretty much killed herself because Michiru died, though she did probably also do it to realese the Space Sword. I think it still counts as suicide.
So that's two possible times when lovers have killed themselves over the death of their partner.

As for the childishness of the show, I believe it starts out a bit more so then it ends, as in its target group to young/teen girls, maybe like some series, growing up with its fan base a little.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:07 pm
I really dont think its childish. I mean They wear Mini Skirts! Well thats what I think!  

Latias-loves-Ash69

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:56 pm
Feril
Kaiou Michiru
Lillico
Hotaru230
insane_swordbunny4486

i dont think this ever happened in sailormoon nor do i think usagi would do this

keep in mind that this is a magical girls series and they all are viewed as childish by most of the anime community our there.

i think this is in refrence to Haruka and Michiru.

Hmm... I thought it was in reference to Serenity-hime committing suicide after witnessing the death of Endymion.

Neither Haruka nor Michiru ever commit suicide for that reason. In the anime, Haruka does kill herself, but only in order to release her own talisman.

Except there were three talismans to gain and they had promised that if one of them died, the other had to complete thier mission, meaning Haruka pretty much killed herself because Michiru died, though she did probably also do it to realese the Space Sword. I think it still counts as suicide.
So that's two possible times when lovers have killed themselves over the death of their partner.

Well, it's true that her motives are never explicitly stated, so we can really only assume why she did what she did. Maybe it was partially for both reasons.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:18 pm
tererun
MikatoSakato
I_Love_Trunks
odango181

I would be glad to come along, but can we also pile on the makers of cardcaptors and mew mew power also?

i second er...... next that  

Namtastic

Lunatic

Tsukiusada

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:22 pm
i think that it isn't childish, but the people say that because when they see some kind of animation, they think that are for kids and don`t pay attetion to the story; but it's obvious that there are animation for all ages.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:31 am
Hotaru230
insane_swordbunny4486

I am talking about the manga... sorry...I did not clarify.  

Tanith_4486

Fallen_Angel_Lunaria

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:31 pm
I briefly lost my intrest in Sailormoon, but one day I was browsing wallpapers on Anime Wallpapers and I saw the great looking SM ones, and I remembered how much I liked Sailorsaturn and so here I am! biggrin

Sailormoon isn't childish at all in my opinion. They only say that because maybe they've only seen the lame-stupid-trash-that-should-never-be-seen-again-in-public-dub and it narrowed their opinions on the subject.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:14 am
Toast_Lady
Sailor Moon IS a children's series though. sweatdrop The story is aimed at very young girls. Yes, the original Japanese series IS quite mature on many points, so labeling it as "childish" is innapropriate I think, but saying it's not a children's show is just plain false. Content that is acceptable in children's shows and comics differs greatly between the US and Japan.

I agree that Sailor Moon is a story that people of all ages can enjoy, and it's fanbase really did spread far. I don't think anyone should be embarrassed by the fact that Sailor Moon's target audience is young girls...I mean Disney movies have a young target audience but are loved worldwide by all ages.

I quite agree. Enough said.  

Tala Tiva

Likely Forgotten

Timid Tipper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:42 pm
The American Dub screwed it all. It was editted for little childern so they thought it was for kids. It turned from a battle between Sailor Senshi and demons who want to destroy the Moon Kingdom, to a girly, childish show about Sailor Scouts(where on earth did Dic get that) fighting evil.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff