Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
A little social experiment if you will...(RESULTS ARE IN) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:49 pm
1. Which of these game series would you most like to have a new installment of?

a) Duke Nukem
b) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (disregarding the upcoming MMO; I'm talkin' an actual KotOR 3)
c) Perfect Dark
d) Bloodrayne
e) Kid Icarus
f) StarFox I'unno.

2. Which of the following kinds of music do you like the most?

a) Classic Rock
b) Country
c) Rap/Hip Hop
d) Pop
e) Hard Rock/Metal All areas of rock, pretty much.
f) Jazz

3. Which of these female rock vocalists do you like the most (if you haven’t heard any of them, try listening to a song or two by the band they are/were with)?

a) Amy Lee (Evanescence) YESSS
b) Pat Benatar
c) Tarja Turunen (ex-lead vocalist of Nightwish)
d) Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
e) Ann Wilson (Heart)
f) Hayley Williams (Paramore)

4. Which do you think is the worst actor out of all of these?

a) Christian Bale
b) Keanu Reeves
c) Shia LeBeouf
d) Megan Fox I don't know, just the previews for Jennifer's Body look stupid.
e) Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
f) Hayden Christensen

5. Which one of these people would you most want to punch in the face?

a) Paris HiltonUGH.
b) Fred Durst
c) George W. Bush
d) Stephanie Meyer
e) Megan Fox
f) Michael Bay

6. Which of these do you think is the worst game?

a) Devil May Cry 1 (BEST ONE)
b) Superman 64
c) Soul Calibur Legends
d) Dragonball Z Sagas
e) Kingdom Hearts
f) The Guy Game

7. Which of these things do you think seriously needs to die most of all?

a) Cartoon Network
b) Nickelodeon
c) Power Rangers
d) Sonic the Hedgehog franchise
e) Final Fantasy
f) Disney ChannelGIVE MARVEL BACK

8. If you got the opportunity to hang out with any one of these guys for a single day, who would it be?

a) Barrack Obama
b) Stephen Colbert
c) Corey Taylor
d) Morgan Freeman
Urghhh.... Why make me choose? emo
e) Patrick Stewart
f) Dan Green

9. Name your poison:

a) Full Throttle
b) Red Bull
c) Monster
d) Rockstar
e) Venom
f) I don’t drink energy drinks.

10. Which of these movies do you like the most?

a) Transformers
b) The Dark Knight
c) Star Trek
d) District 9
e) Iron Man
f) Watchmen  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:55 pm
1. Starfox (If it's anything like Starfox Adventures)
2. Hard Rock/Metal
3. Ann Wilson
4. Keanu Reeves
5. George W. Bush
6. Kingdom Hearts
7. Nickelodeon
8. Barrack Obama
9. Monster
10. Transformers  

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm
I really don't see how a game's fans affect how it plays or anything, if you claim it to be the worst game because it has the worst fan-base then it's like saying "I hate puppies. This one chick I know got a puppy and she's--like--a total b***h!"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:49 pm
[Kegan]
I really don't see how a game's fans affect how it plays or anything, if you claim it to be the worst game because it has the worst fan-base then it's like saying "I hate puppies. This one chick I know got a puppy and she's--like--a total b***h!"
It's kinda like how Twilight sucks even to people who have never read it. Apparently it's ok to be a sheep if your their opinions are anti-mainstream.  

Kani Tochimeijin

teh_n00b_huntr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:53 pm
1. f) StarFox [only game of the choices I played to the end]

2. c) Rap/Hip Hop [no real reason]

3. a) Amy Lee (Evanescence) [only one I have heard]

4. b) Keanu Reeves [again no real reason]

5. a) Paris Hilton [just for fun]

6. d) Dragonball Z Sagas [my inner fan-boy died that day]

7. a) Cartoon Network [CN Real = oxymoron]

8. d) Morgan Freeman [for his awesome voice]

9. f) I don’t drink energy drinks. [self explanatory]

10. a) Transformers [GIANT ROBOTS!!]  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:26 pm
Kani Tochimeijin
[Kegan]
It's kinda like how Twilight sucks even to people who have never read it. Apparently it's ok to be a sheep if your their opinions are anti-mainstream.
No, I totally shot that s**t down on concept alone-- And a brief summary of the story!

Books can't have good gameplay! They have to have decent writing! They're books!  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Kani Tochimeijin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:00 am
[Kegan]
Kani Tochimeijin
[Kegan]
No, I totally shot that s**t down on concept alone-- And a brief summary of the story!

Books can't have good gameplay! They have to have decent writing! They're books!
If it counts for anything, I liked the parts where I had to stop reading to turn the page. >>  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:54 am
Okay, I think it's time I closed the polls.

Now, the purpose of this experiment was to ascertain two things:

1) How much on the same page I'M with on other culties on certain topics.

and 2) How much on the same page many culties are with each other on certain topics.

Now, I'll admit, some of the questions of the questionaire were a bit flawed and I'll have to come up with more universal questions in the future (yes, I do actually plan on doing this again with you guys).

What I will do now is show the popular answer for each question and give you my own personal thoughts on it, AND give you what my own personal choice would be on each of the questions. So let's begin:

1. Which of these game series would you like to have a new installment of?
a) Duke Nukem
b) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (disregarding the upcoming MMO)
c) Perfect Dark
d) Bloodrayne
e) Kid Icarus
f) StarFox

The most popular answer was StarFox with about 73.9% of the total tallied votes.

Personally, I'm not really all that surprised. People really love to shoot at s**t in an Arwing, don't they? Or perhaps do you simply want another game like StarFox Adventures? Regardless, people answered this one the most. However, what surprised me is that no one even voted for Duke Nukem. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's odd considering people have been demanding for another Duke Nukem game for as long as I can remember.

MY own personal choice would be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the upcoming Old Republic MMO, but what I was kind of expecting was a third installment in the KotOR series, to kind of wrap up the series.

2. Which of the following kinds of music do you like the most?
a) Classic Rock
b) Country
c) Rap/Hip Hop
d) Pop
e) Hard Rock/Metal
f) Jazz

The most popular answer was Hard Rock/Metal with 47.8% of the total tallied votes.

Ironic, considering much of the metal fanbase is against the mainstream...as least, as far as I've seen. But regardless, this choice came out as the clear winner. Most of you voters like to seriously rock out.

And that would actually be my own choice as well. Metal/Hard Rock...awesome stuff, IMO.

3. Which of these female rock vocalists do you like the most (if you haven’t heard any of them, try listening to a song or two by the band they are/were with)?
a) Amy Lee (Evanescence)
b) Pat Benatar
c) Tarja Turunen (ex-lead vocalist of Nightwish)
d) Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
e) Ann Wilson (Heart)
f) Hayley Williams (Paramore)

The popular vote is Hayley Williams with about 26% of the total tallied votes.

This one came as a surprise to me. I honestly thought the winner going to be either Amy Lee, Pat Benatar, or Ann Wilson (all of which tied for second, btw). I never actually expected Hayley Williams to win. However, it was actually a very close match between most of the choices.

My own personal choice is Tarja Turunen. Professionally trained opera singer singing like a goddess in a symphonic metal band (known as Nightwish, btw). I totally dig that. It's a real shame the band let her go and hired a disappointingly average new singer, though.

4. Which do you think is the worst actor out of all of these?
a) Christian Bale
b) Keanu Reeves
c) Shia LeBeouf
d) Megan Fox
e) Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
f) Hayden Christensen

The winner (or "ultimate loser" in this case) is Keanu Reeves with 34.78% of the total tallied votes.

No real surprise. It's popular to mock his acting abilites...or perhaps that's because he actually is a terrible actor. How much emotion has he actually shown in the movies he's in? Thought so.

And after much debate with myself, Keanu Reeves would be my choice as well. So far, the only thing I've seen him in that he didn't completely ******** up was The Matrix. Maybe Speed as well...

5. Which one of these people would you most want to punch in the face?
a) Paris Hilton
b) Fred Durst
c) George W. Bush
d) Stephanie Meyer
e) Megan Fox
f) Michael Bay

The majority opinion is...George W. Bush with about 31.8% of the total tallied votes.

No real surprise...hell, I won't even go into the things he and his ******** administration have done. You can pretty much figure it out at this point. I originally make this question "Who would you kill," but some found that a little over the top, and I apologize. So I changed it to just punch in the face. Oh, by the way, you guys should maybe look up Fred Durst. Trust me...the dude's an a*****e.

That would be my choice as well, though I personally really want to punch all of them. Except Michael Bay...he's already been given more than the enough of s**t he deserves, IMO.

6. Which of these do you think is the worst game?
a) Devil May Cry 1
b) Superman 64
c) Soul Calibur Legends
d) Dragonball Z Sagas
e) Kingdom Hearts
f) The Guy Game

The clear winner is...Superman 64 with about 47.8% of the total tallied votes.

Again, no real surprise, though I do want to ask...how many of you voted it based on if you've actually played it? How many of you voted it just because of it's reputation? This true purpose behind this question was, do you think it's a bad game because you heard it was bad or because you actually played it and you DO think it's horrible?

Regardless, I personally have never played Superman 64, so my choice is going to be Dragonball Z Sagas. Out of all the other games in the choices I've actually played, this game was the one that I played that I wanted to burn. I have not played The Guy Game, granted, but I'm not going to judge it on it's reputation.

7. Which of these things do you think seriously needs to die?
a) Cartoon Network
b) Nickelodeon
c) Power Rangers
d) Sonic the Hedgehog franchise
e) Final Fantasy
f) Disney Channel

The popular choice was Disney Channel with about 47.8% of the total tallied votes.

Yeah, this comes as no surprise. It was pretty much this channel's rise to popularity that made most people (including myself) steadily lose faith in Disney. From supporting shitty Pop singers to casting actors who are semi-mediocre at the very best, this channel also resulted in the atrocity that is known as High School Musical.

Personally, 4 out of 6 of these things I personally think really need to die, but Disney Channel stands out the most for me. I really ******** hate that channel. Not only does it make pre-teen and teenage girls absolutely unbearable for me to listen to, but it almost completely destroyed Disney as a whole for me and the section of Disney that gives us this ******** channel continues to support atrocious entertainers. For the sake of quality entertainment, this channel and it's content really need to go.

8. If you got the opportunity to hang out with any one of these guys for a single day, who would it be?
a) Barrack Obama
b) Stephen Colbert
c) Corey Taylor
d) Morgan Freeman
e) Patrick Stewart
f) Dan Green

Most popular choice was Morgan Freeman with about 30.4% of the total tallied votes.

I don't blame you majority voters...the dude's ******** awesome. What more is there to say?

Personally I would want to hang out with all of these guys, even Corey Taylor (don't judge someone's character just because you don't like the band he's with...he's actually a really awesome guy). But the one that I personally would want to hang out with the most would be Stephen Colbert. He stands for Truthiness and has enough humor to crack up an emo.

9.Name your poison:
a) Full Throttle
b) Red Bull
c) Monster
d) Rockstar
e) Venom
f) I don’t drink energy drinks.

Apparantly the huge lot of you voters don't like to drink energy drinks...(F) won with about 78.26% of the total tallied votes.

Not exactly sure if it's because you don't like the taste of energy drinks or if it's because they're unhealthy, but regardless, I can understand you guys.

Personally, even though I don't really drink them much anymore, whenever I do...I always choose Full Throttle. It just always seemed to taste the best to me, I don't know why.

10. Which of these movies do like the most?
a) Transformers
b) The Dark Knight
c) Star Trek
d) District 9
e) Iron Man
f) Watchmen

The majority opinion was...The Dark Knight with about 47.8% of the total tallied votes.

This was pretty much the ultimate fanboy question of the questionaire. And I'm not surprised The Dark Knight won. I can understand though. I thought it was a really good movie. Heath Ledger did a really good job portraying The Joker (though I still think Mark Hamill is better).

However, there were two films on that list that I personally like better than The Dark Knight. They were Star Trek (because I was totally blown away by it) and Watchmen (because I think Rorschach is twice as badass as Batman). Out of those two, I pretty much decided I liked Star Trek better, mostly because the movie actually finally got me interested in the Star Trek franchise.

Well, that concludes my little social experiment. I really learned a few things about you guys with this questionaire. Again, the whole purpose of this questionaire was to see how much on the same page we are with each other in certain topics. I also pretty much wanted to do this for fun.

However, some of the questions I will again admit were pretty flawed. Next time I do this, I'll try to think of more universal questions.

Anyways, thanks for participating!  

Sir Codin

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:37 am
Lord of Armageddon

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Wait, how did you post at the top of the page when other people posted before you on this page?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49 am
The Awkwardest Turtle
Lord of Armageddon

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Wait, how did you post at the top of the page when other people posted before you on this page?
Edited his post.

Oh s**t, wait, no he didn't.

the time stamp is like a day later  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 am
Kani Tochimeijin
[Kegan]

I'll admit to never reading the book, although I did see the movie with my sister. That said, the premise never sounded like something I'd enjoy to begin with. 'Sparkling vampire boys' and 'ZOMG TRUE LOVE' aren't exactly relevant to my interests.

While the questionnaire was an interesting idea, I didn't fill it out because, in several cases, I wasn't familiar enough with the options to really answer. sweatdrop Hopefully I'll be more familiar with the options next time.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:27 am
The Awkwardest Turtle
Lord of Armageddon

WORDS WORDS WORDS

I guess if you make a post long enough, it'll automatically go up at the top.  

Sir Codin

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:43 am
Lord of Armageddon
The Awkwardest Turtle
Lord of Armageddon

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Wow... I didn't know it did that.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 pm
Lord of Armageddon
The Awkwardest Turtle
Lord of Armageddon

WORDS WORDS WORDS

The gild forum system was broken earlier today. Everyone's posts were going in ascending order. Posts made during that time seem to remain where they were sorted.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas