Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Fashion Advice
What makes someone Emo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~

5,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:04 am
I think it is a mixture of the music you listen to and how it makes you feel, How you feel about yourself and how you react to people.
But i do say that most anti-emos are just finding it hard to hide their emotions and live up to standards and are upset how others can show theirs with no care in the world

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:17 pm
Actually...I don't need spelling lessons dammit.
I probably spell better than you do.
Why don't you screw off and leave em the hell alone.
And dude with the tophat, I SAID IT WAS ABOUT MUSIC.
People like this shouldn't be aloud into the guild because they are FAGxCORE!

Courtney Catastrophe

SARSSS

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:28 pm
...Reeeallly....Alright...Test me on that if you're so god damn confident. I'm in an advanced Honors English class at my school. I use the internet, etc., for practice on my spelling and errors. If we don't spell something correctly or punctuate definetly, we basically flunk the class.

There is a HUGE difference between "your" and "you're". Same with "Alot". It's "A lot". Two different words. Same with "damnit"...It's an 'n', not two 'm's'...Top Hat is two words. "Aloud" is not spelled like that, it's "Allowed". 'Em' should be either "them" or " 'em". It makes every ******** thing you say confusing because you cannot spell it correctly and it makes it seem like you screwed up on spelling because there are lots of words that start and end with "em". And SPECIFY "em" Who the ******** is "em". I'm not seeing who "em" is.

You said it was about not-emo bands.

Yeah, that's for music, smart a**. But, when someone calls you "Emo", they're thinking the stereotypical s**t, or, what's known as "Emotional". When you inflict pain on yourself by cutting, people think that's "Emo" because they're thinking stereotypes.

Exactly. People like YOU shouldn't be allowed in this guild because YOU'RE "FagxCore".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:07 pm
HellMistress_Frizzy
Akuneko
Can you really be 'emo'? 'Emo' is a type of music, not human. I can't be a 'techno' person if I listen to 'techno' music... ??

rofl you have a point there, I like your sense of reasoning. But you can be "punk" if you listen to punk music right? I think we're all just too tied up into this label thing "oh he's emo, but she's punk, that other guy's just a poser blah blah blah" how about we're all just people...

I agree  

Cupcakes are Scene

Yunalieh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:19 pm
though emo is hard to describe
you can see it from a mile away
its the way we connect with music
our sense of taste
the way we react with our emotions
and how though we may be alone in this world
we emos will always be together as one

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:01 pm
Music and Attitude, man. Pessimism, pessimism.

I must be emo. e.e

There's a poser emo who's also my stalker. ><

Homicidal Cinnabon

Disposable Love

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:19 am
Neko Quatre
All about the music, not being a ******** fanboy/girl of every emo band member. Not being a p***y and crying over the slightest thing. Not cutting yourself for attention and not dressing Emo. You can do all of those things, and it'll make you a poser though.

If you like to dress that way though, it doesn't make you a poser? Or does it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:26 am
being emo is all about the music and how you feel towards it imo. ♥  

AdamKilledEve

randomweirdperson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:23 am
it is definatly the music  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:44 am
To me "Emo" is nothing more than music. You don't HAVE to be in constant misery and cut yourself a certain number of times a day in order to be emo.
The last part is exactly how the Anti-Emo's think of Emo-Kids unfortunatley stare  

xyourstrulyx

xXBunnyIsAnOutLawXx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:09 pm
xyourstrulyx
To me "Emo" is nothing more than music. You don't HAVE to be in constant misery and cut yourself a certain number of times a day in order to be emo.
The last part is exactly how the Anti-Emo's think of Emo-Kids unfortunatley stare

Cutting is bad. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:10 am
Yes, i think so too. I believe that there are better ways to deal with minor issues in life.  

xyourstrulyx

Shooting_For_Fame

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:50 pm
What makes someone emo?
Emo- short for "emotional" is a type of music that is baiscly punk music but with a emotionl twist to the lyrics being meaningful and deep and lots of emotion.

So i guess you really couldnt call yourself "EMO", being that its a type of music. It would be more like being "a person that likes emo music"(labels just make things so much harder.).What makes you So called "Emo" is just listen to Emo music and acting yourself at all times.

Of course being "Scene" and Dressing the part helps too but you cant be dressing the part just do show people that your emo cause thats not what its all about. ITs about being yourself and likeing your music and supporting your bands and after a while you find a likeing to the style of clothes that your favorite bands wear and it becomes you. You dont do it to follow a crowd or be cool. You do it cause you love emo music and you support your bands. It is a lifestyle and its you....

Alot of People misunderstand so called "Emo Kids" they think we cut ourselves and we are depressed all the time. So Many SteroTypes, but the truth is most of us are some what "emotional" only cause of the type of music we listen to is very emotional so we tend to be a lot more senstive to things in general but by no means does that make us a wuss or anything in that matter. Everybody has there one way of being emo or w/e you want to call it but with all labels throw away we are just like everybody else.

~Mike~
"But yeah my 2 cents"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:55 pm
I think emo is the music you listen to and the way you dress. I've heard other things. www.fourfa.com tells you a definition on the first page. Yes.. People don't have to cut themselves to be emo. I've been told that I wasn't a true emo because I don't slit my wrists. I am emo, I just choose not to slit my wrists. I peirce myself instead. ninja

Bruises-AreBackIn-Style

.Chick.Pants.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:28 pm
It's about singins the barbie girl song xD  
Fashion Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items