Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
How long till Fox News gets wind of this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:54 pm
Guys, it's DESIGNED this way. It's designed to make you squirm. Playing as a terrorist and mowing down civilians is a brutal, honest way of reinforcing that this is subject material based in reality. Real life attacks sick sick, twisted things, and a game that goes out of its way to point this out gets a point in my book.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:56 pm
Cattra Nightblade
[Kegan]
Remorseless killing is what video games are all about guys.

If someone isn't dying it may as well be on the wiiiiiiii.

... No More Heroes... other then that I lold.
Yeah, I have No more heroes, but I was actually a little disappointed by it, for more than just gameplay reasons.

I felt a little uncomfortable just murdering thousands of people in melee combat, which was kinda glorified, and not really what I was expecting from a game I was told was fun and immersive... I simply have trouble enjoying being a psychopath. The ranked battles were good enough to make up for this, but probably not if I had payed any more than 10 dollars for the game.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:58 pm
Allegro
Guys, it's DESIGNED this way. It's designed to make you squirm. Playing as a terrorist and mowing down civilians is a brutal, honest way of reinforcing that this is subject material based in reality. Real life attacks sick sick, twisted things, and a game that goes out of its way to point this out gets a point in my book.
At least it might make some people actually think about what they're playing, but I fear that on the whole the audience of the first person shooter genre won't really think so deeply.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:58 pm
Allegro

What I was kinda hint at, everything is not HAPPY GO LUCKY, its showing the true sick twisted face of war.  

Cattra Nightblade

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:01 pm
[Kegan]
Allegro
At least it might make some people actually think about what they're playing, but I fear that on the whole the audience of the first person shooter genre won't really think so deeply.
This might be the first step towards that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:08 pm
Allegro
[Kegan]
Allegro

shows that war is not fun, you won't always do what you want to do.  

Cattra Nightblade

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:08 pm
You guys don't want to play this game, that's fine. This is not something that Infinity Ward developed to make it appear as if they condone the brutal, senseless murders of the innocent. No, they're using it to set the mood for the game. You're going to be going after this guy, who would mercilessly open fire in an airport full of people with no remorse. That's the point of this game; not the terrorist level.

Anyway, I'm just trying to point out that this isn't something that should be called out. Maybe called to attention as a great medium to display and show what kind of brutal things happen in the world. But Infinity Ward shouldn't take any kind of hit for this at all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Cattra Nightblade
Allegro
[Kegan]
Allegro

shows that war is not fun, you won't always do what you want to do.

Probably gives you more motivation as the "Good guys" throughout the rest of the game.  

Allegro

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:16 pm
The Betman
You guys don't want to play this game, that's fine. This is not something that Infinity Ward developed to make it appear as if they condone the brutal, senseless murders of the innocent. No, they're using it to set the mood for the game. You're going to be going after this guy, who would mercilessly open fire in an airport full of people with no remorse. That's the point of this game; not the terrorist level.

Anyway, I'm just trying to point out that this isn't something that should be called out. Maybe called to attention as a great medium to display and show what kind of brutal things happen in the world. But Infinity Ward shouldn't take any kind of hit for this at all.

Also I.W is famous for showing different views on war, like in the original CoD. There just going back to their roots.
But knowing how EVERYONE will try to twist this. Jeese, the point I'm gonna love this one on how they twist it biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:17 pm
Cattra Nightblade
The Betman

Also I.W is famous for showing different views on war, like in the original CoD. There just going back to their roots.
But knowing how EVERYONE will try to twist this. Jeese, the point is no matter what there gonna twist it for their own use.
Fine. Have IW call me in, I'll talk to the press. cool  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:21 pm
The Betman
Cattra Nightblade
The Betman

But knowing how EVERYONE will try to twist this. Jeese, the point is no matter what there gonna twist it for their own use.
Fine. Have IW call me in, I'll talk to the press. cool

They broke off from EA Games to make CoD because EA wouldnt let them put in the Russian as playable and make them look like something that cared... same with I think europe... they only let them show the americans so they broke away to make their game which was considered "wrong" at the time... so there just doing it again by showing the different sides.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:30 pm
Coming soon to world war II game near you. Concentration camp mini games.

Herd Japanese immigrants into camps and burn Jews in a furnace, but it's cool, because war is hell, and that's what we're trying to show.

And a cooking Mama style game based off of the life and times of horror story inspiring Ed Gein. CURE THE HUMAN LEATHER! JUST AS GOOD AS EDDY!

You're gonna really hate yourself while you do this, and that's awesome.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:32 pm
[Kegan]
Coming soon to world war II game near you. Concentration camp mini games.

Herd Japanese immigrants into camps and burn Jews in a furnace, but it's cool, because war is hell, and that's what we're trying to show.

And a cooking Mama style game based off of the life and times of horror story inspiring Ed Gein. CURE THE HUMAN LEATHER! JUST AS GOOD AS EDDY!

You're gonna really hate yourself while you do this, and that's awesome.

I'd buy it, mainly if it was on the Wii. I can get all that on the History Hitler channel.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:38 pm
I see where you're coming from, Kegan, but concentration camps are on a WHOLE other level of ******** up. You can see the airport slaughter on any tv set if you're turned to a news channel. Concentration camps can be seen on History channel like Cattra said, but this isn't the same as having a minigame based around human leather.

If this level is a mood piece, WWII never needed one. This game is purely made of fictional events. Although they ARE related to events taking place in the world now or in the past, I don't think it's the same to call the holocaust into this.

Also, why does everyone bring up the holocaust first thing? ********>  

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:41 pm
I think a cutscene would have been good enough to get the point across. Having the player butcher those people wasn't totally necessary.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff