Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Why did it get canceled? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mercuryangel
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:43 pm
Well, it's cancelled, but you can still get the DVDs. I just bought a copy of Stars DVDs (they arrived today). They were factory sealed and all, and as soon as I get teh chance, I'll watch them.

Plus, what they said about SM being among the precursors makes sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:07 pm
it's all about the "cousins" and scenes and well more scenes if you know what i mean by scenes. i got an english video but it's uncut so thats a good point  

Celestial Burden

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:51 pm
fortunately for us all SM has been released on DVD by Geneon, though I read the back of some of the boxes, Japanese and English diologue mentioned, uncut hopefully. if some dipsh*t screws it up and labels everything to be super kid friendly it'll burn me up as much as some stupid shinanigans. stupid crap really burns me up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:53 pm
I wish that they didn't take them off the air, but nothing really lasts forever. It was a good anime too..  

Celestial Stargate

Queen Shinome

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:17 pm
It was very lame that they let DBZ go on for so long, and not Sailor Moon.
But now that more things are being aloud on T.V. Sailor Moon could come back.
Just the fact of the matter is if the makers of Sailor Moon are willing to do it.
Since it's been such a long time since Sailor Moon went on air.
I'm sure they'll sooner or later make an agreement and air it on Adult Swim.
Just all we can do is keep making petitions to get it back on air.=3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:19 pm
RAPTOR948
fortunately for us all SM has been released on DVD by Geneon, though I read the back of some of the boxes, Japanese and English diologue mentioned, uncut hopefully. if some dipsh*t screws it up and labels everything to be super kid friendly it'll burn me up as much as some stupid shinanigans. stupid crap really burns me up.

I doubt they'll mess with it, definatly if it's something you buy.
Plus the Japanese DVD's never have cut out anything from the ones I've had so far.

Queen Shinome

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:25 pm
i totally hated it when they cancelled sailor moon on tv and take away the manga! I have like, 9 sailor moon manga and it aint enough!! I want them all but they are out of print! for Criss sake, why not rate: "Mature" on the back if it's a "Mature" manga. (which is not really)

and for the anime, i don't give a squat if it's "Mature" That is what adult swim is for!! My goodness Gracious! They could still release the series in America in DVD and rate "Mature" or "rated 16 and up "on the back! it's so simple! I have several DVDs that are like "Rated 16 and up" man, its not a big deal! jeeze whiz!!

just send the last season of sailor moon already!!!! scream

okay i'm better now. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:33 pm
MistressofHeaven
They could explain everything up to season 5. It's next to impossible to explain the Sailor Star Scouts in a way that would be acceptable to American audiences. Think about it. Transgender scouts? rofl rofl rofl

that would be very hard to explain to american audiences....think about it  

Curaia-Chan

Distinct Fatcat

5,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Karasuaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:04 pm
B/c America is stupid like that. I dont know why, it just seems that every show that I actually like gets canceled.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:09 pm
Well they stoped it right right before the star's came in. And if I hear and read right they did that because they didn't like that girls turn in to boy and boys turning in to girls. So they left it at that.  

Sailor moon girl

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:12 pm
Sailor moon girl
Well they stoped it right right before the star's came in. And if I hear and read right they did that because they didn't like that girls turn in to boy and boys turning in to girls. So they left it at that.

who the hell cares?? they could at least just let the DVD print in america and rate 16 and up for crying out loud! I been wanting and looking forward into watchin' the sailor stars on tv, then the next thing i knew, they cancel it!!! It's so unfair! at keep selling the manga and more of the DVD!! jeeze! it's so unfair..  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:25 pm
i read that it was cuz of stupid Hamtaro evil ....... i just don't remember where I read it sweatdrop ...  

Tech Plague

Professional Bloodsucker

Minah-myu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:25 pm
Um.. I know at moonprincess.com they give very good reasons why (many that have been mentioned already) But I am leaning over the whole "girls turning into guys, and then transforming back to girls) because I know this was shown in other parts of the world and they made up some story about their gender and why they were girls turning into guys blah blah... and that their outfits are very skimpy (I find this complete bull, because if anyone saw Dexter Labortary, but that episode of Deedee and her imaginary friend, there was some bad guy who was in fact a guy, only wearing these black thigh high boots, a cape, and something that barely covered his crotch. What is more worse?) And knowing that Seiya likes Usagi, it would show homosexuality in the show too (since Seiya is still a girl)

Anywho, at the end of the episode 200, Usagi is flying around naked and stuff. So I guess it will be just too hard to edit it as another "children show." And don't forget, Japan and America is very different. What they can show to children in Japan is something they can't show to kids in America. And it's kinda too late to put in on adult swim too....like.after five eyars they'll finally decide to air it again.. kinda weird ^__^U

(one more thiiing) Not sure if it is true or not, but I heard that in the manga the Sailor Starlights were actually girls... I mean like, never turned into guys... they just disguised themselves as guys and Takeuchi-sama was very upset that the director made them girls-guys-girls. Not sure if it is true or not ^___^U  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:00 am
I wish they didn't cancel Sailor Moon i enjoyed watching it and it makes me sad to know they did, i really like the whole story to it, DBZ is old and really crappy, well that's my opinion on it anyway, I never got to see all the episodes in sailor moon it's not fair sad  

Mishuri

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:04 pm
Mishuri
I wish they didn't cancel Sailor Moon i enjoyed watching it and it makes me sad to know they did, i really like the whole story to it, DBZ is old and really crappy, well that's my opinion on it anyway, I never got to see all the episodes in sailor moon it's not fair sad

i know neither have I! I was so looking forward to watching it all over again so i can catch some episode that i missed but nope! they just cancelled it on the spot! so unfair... crying  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff