Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Super Mario Sunshine, baby ~♥~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thanatoast Crunch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:09 pm
Aw, I want that game! Don't know much about it, though. My friend told me that it sucks because all you do is clean stuff. o_O  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:13 pm
Um, since when did this become a bashing thread for SMG?
I really REALLY like Super Mario Sunshine, but really, I was blown away by Super Mario Galaxy. I personally thought it was very original.(and how can it not? It's planets and galaxies; of course they're gonna have themes!) And I was okay with the camera angles...

My favorite levels of Sunshine were all the levels in Noki Bay (god, I loved that stage x3) I also really like the hotel stage.... you know, the one with the electrical sting rays (I can't remember what it's called though, a little help?)  

Tanzama -CCV-

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:54 pm
Radio Jazzy
Aw, I want that game! Don't know much about it, though. My friend told me that it sucks because all you do is clean stuff. o_O

That would actually be the game's story in a nutshell.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:13 pm
Waynebrizzle
Radio Jazzy

But it's not the gameplay in a nutshell, right? sweatdrop  

Thanatoast Crunch

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:30 pm
Radio Jazzy
Waynebrizzle
Radio Jazzy

>_>

<___<;

Not for every level.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:32 pm
Waynebrizzle
Radio Jazzy
Waynebrizzle
Radio Jazzy

>_>

<___<;

Not for every level.

xd

Ah well, I'm sure it's a great game anyway.  

Thanatoast Crunch

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:36 pm
Radio Jazzy
Waynebrizzle
Radio Jazzy
Waynebrizzle
Radio Jazzy

>_>

<___<;

Not for every level.

xd

Ah well, I'm sure it's a great game anyway.

Oh, it is.

Just, you know, not as good as Galaxy.

BOO-YAH  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:31 pm
Aquabluesky
xGanonxChanx
Aquabluesky
xGanonxChanx
Kuzodav
xGanonxChanx
I love SMS It is definatly one of my favorite mario games out there. As for galaxy I did enjoy it but it didnt have the imagination of a super sweet vacation, or the amazing level work they did. Noki bay had to be my favorite level with Pina park coming in second.
(SIde note: I actually hated most of the "secret" levels after the one in Noki bay"

Wait.
What?

A 'super sweet vacation' has more imagination than creating several different worlds and galaxies?
Wat.
Well look at the levels in galaxy they all pretty much look like the levels in 64 except for the (garden one) so it was like "ooooh Im traveling to different planets that look like little chunks of the place I just left." At least in Sunshine although the storyline was not as good as galaxy it took you away from the same old mushroom kingdom.

I remember one of the planets being shaped like Yoshi's head. That was creative. stare

I really liked the Sunshine levels. They were neat. It was as if you were taking an actual vacation, because those are the kinds of places you would visit if you were going to a tropical area. The planets in Galaxy... Well, I mean, some were neat. I liked the Bee suit, and climbing on the hives. Some had lava, some had water... But to me it looked like chunks of 64 or Sunshine floating in the middle of space. I mean, riding on the manta started from Sunshine (except it was a Blooper.) What I especially hated about Galaxy was the creation of Rosalina. She's so random. I don't want anyone to start bickering at me that she has a story, she's the momma of the Lumas, blah blah... I just don't like her existance. Her design is also very unoriginal. That's Peach with a different haircut and dress on.
yeah i kind of agree on the look however i think that was done just to kinda show that she may be related to peach

Was Nintendo going to do that? I really hope not. Peach is an independent woman who does not need relations with other characters.

like mario.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:15 pm
It didn't have much of a lasting appeal for me. Kind of forgettable.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:00 pm
I love sunshine, and I wish they would put the wirewalking/swinging mechanics into Galaxy 2. I really liked that, took me back to the 1994 Donkey Kong for the game boy where you played as Mario.

I think Galaxy and Sunshine were both great in unique ways. I thought the bosses in Sunshine were way better than the ones in Galaxy.  

Owwin

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:10 pm
GALAXY IS AWESOME AND YOU ARE NOT  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:41 pm
The Dragon Always Wins
GALAXY IS AWESOME AND YOU ARE NOT

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:07 pm
Owwin
I think Galaxy and Sunshine were both great in unique ways. I thought the bosses in Sunshine were way better than the ones in Galaxy.
I can only remember Petey and Bowser from Sunshine. x_x Maybe it's just that Galaxy is newer, but Bouldergeist and the giant metal spider were pretty memorable to me, as well as the new Petey (and fire version) and the awesome Bowser battles (even if they were all the same style).  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:08 pm
Kuzodav
Aquabluesky
xGanonxChanx
Aquabluesky
xGanonxChanx
Well look at the levels in galaxy they all pretty much look like the levels in 64 except for the (garden one) so it was like "ooooh Im traveling to different planets that look like little chunks of the place I just left." At least in Sunshine although the storyline was not as good as galaxy it took you away from the same old mushroom kingdom.

I remember one of the planets being shaped like Yoshi's head. That was creative. stare

I really liked the Sunshine levels. They were neat. It was as if you were taking an actual vacation, because those are the kinds of places you would visit if you were going to a tropical area. The planets in Galaxy... Well, I mean, some were neat. I liked the Bee suit, and climbing on the hives. Some had lava, some had water... But to me it looked like chunks of 64 or Sunshine floating in the middle of space. I mean, riding on the manta started from Sunshine (except it was a Blooper.) What I especially hated about Galaxy was the creation of Rosalina. She's so random. I don't want anyone to start bickering at me that she has a story, she's the momma of the Lumas, blah blah... I just don't like her existance. Her design is also very unoriginal. That's Peach with a different haircut and dress on.
yeah i kind of agree on the look however i think that was done just to kinda show that she may be related to peach

Was Nintendo going to do that? I really hope not. Peach is an independent woman who does not need relations with other characters.

like mario.

It's hard to have a relationship when you're constantly getting kidnapped. wink  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:09 pm
The giant bone fish in Galaxy is one of my favorite bosses ever, which is very impressive considering it was an underwater level.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff