Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Nintendo better have something else up there sleeves Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nintendo?
  Butt kicks?
  Diabolical schemes hiding behind innocent Japanese faces.
  *acts like an angry monkey*
View Results

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:05 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
The Punisher of Criminals
At least the Wii doesn't charge a lot for anything.
$45 for a Wiimote, nunchuk sold seperately, isn't a lot? surprised

Anyway, old technology is old. I saw this s**t on Tekken at the Playdium when I was 11. Microsoft is doing what it does best again: stealing ideas.

I think they're putting too much emphasis on how you play instead of what you play; in the end, it doesn't matter how blown away you are by this s**t, 'cause when the novelty wears off, the better games win, even if you have to play them with a one-button joystick.

Aren't nunchucks like, thirty dollars by themselves? xD

I dunno, if they can like, make a Survival Horror game based around the whole Natal thing, I think that'll kick a**.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 am
Harupiggy
Lady Psycho Sexy

Anyway, old technology is old. I saw this s**t on Tekken at the Playdium when I was 11. Microsoft is doing what it does best again: stealing ideas.

I think they're putting too much emphasis on how you play instead of what you play; in the end, it doesn't matter how blown away you are by this s**t, 'cause when the novelty wears off, the better games win, even if you have to play them with a one-button joystick.

Aren't nunchucks like, thirty dollars by themselves? xD

I dunno, if they can like, make a Survival Horror game based around the whole Natal thing, I think that'll kick a**.

They're twenty.  

Waynebrizzle

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 am
nintendo will be the first to bring holograms to the home. THAT is probably their plan.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 am
Lady Psycho Sexy

Oh, come on; the 360 has a ton of great games. Like... Halo! And that other game with the space guy with a gun. What's it called? Oh, I get them all confused.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:15 pm
Metroid?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:03 pm
[Kegan]
Metroid?
Snap.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 am
Meta_Fish
Lady Psycho Sexy

Oh, come on; the 360 has a ton of great games. Like... Halo! And that other game with the space guy with a gun. What's it called? Oh, I get them all confused.

D: Left 4 Dead, Bioshock, and uhm, that's it in my experience.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 am
Harupiggy
Meta_Fish
Lady Psycho Sexy

D: Left 4 Dead, Bioshock, and uhm, that's it in my experience.
I'll give you those (which are also PC (and PS3?)), but the main point I'm trying to make is there isn't that much variety. If something isn't sports or shooters, it's likely a Wii game you're looking at.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 pm
Most of the Wii's best titles aren't exactly breaking new ground either.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:52 pm
Trenn Flashkill

Dude. No More Heroes is SO original.

You...

use a lightsaber...

and kill people...  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:20 pm
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

You...

use a lightsaber...

and kill people...

Never seen it before!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:23 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Waynebrizzle
Trenn Flashkill

You...

use a lightsaber...

and kill people...

Never seen it before!

I would have to agree that the Wii's noteworthy titles are more varied, though.

Just as an example:

The latest game to come to HD consoles is: Bioshock 2, a shooter (with adventure elements, but still)
The latest game to come to the Wii is: NMH2 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom (came out on the same day), an action game and a fighter, neither of which really dominate the console's library (they're not minigames LOL!).  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:29 pm
Both genres are done to death though. Not on that console, no, but definitely across the industry.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm
Why does anybody even give a s**t? Why do people want a company to "win"? When companies die we lose. Look what happened to Sega's main franchises when they stopped making consoles. Bioshock 2 is amazing. Tatsunoko vs Capcom is amazing. No More Heroes 2 is amazing. Why argue about it. Find friends who have the different consoles and play them at their house if you can't afford them. Enjoy them. Love them all. The industry itself is in a fight. Studios like Nippon Ichi are in trouble. We need the industry to come together or everybody suffers.  

Owwin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Both genres are done to death though. Not on that console, no, but definitely across the industry.

It's still variety, even if it's not always super original.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff