Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
The Xavier Legion - Open - Need Players Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sound Interesting?
Yes.
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
No.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Maybe So.
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
Gold!
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Katakeome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:25 pm
It was cold. He liked taking walks... but damn was it cold.
His footsteps crunched through the snow. The fortress wasn't too bad of a sight in winter, it almost looked friendly. Almost.
It was starting to get dark.

"You look cold."
He was shivering. "C-cold? Naw, I'm not cold... Just a little... Uh..."
He paused, and Gwen giggled, sending tiny puffs of smoke from her lips into the frozen air.
Gwen didn't seem bothered by the frost at all. 'Course she'd been through many worse winters, and in rags no less.
She smiles, "We can go back if it's too cooooold for you." she teased.

"I was about to go back anyway... but not because I'm cold!" He snapped. Gwen Giggled.

His first few weeks at the fortress were filled with fun and excitement. There was that time when he was attacked by a sorceress, who later kidnapped Veritas, to which he reluctantly helped save.
There was the incident with Gwen. He killed her, and McKaela brought her back to life, but that's a story for another time.
No matter how McKaela dragged him into trouble, she always managed to drag him out.
After wards, things calmed down considerably. McKaela promoted him to an assassin, although he hasn't assassinated anything yet besides the occasional stink bug unlucky enough to land on his nose.

Gwen became more attached to him after their ordeal, and it wasn't often to which she left his side. She even labled him as her "big brother".
When she wasn't following Kata around like a poor little lost kitten, she was helping the fortress chef Cookie with various tasks.

As they approached the looming fortress gates, Kata kicked the dirt and snow off his boots. Gwen simply took hers off.

After their walks, they liked to hang around in the bar, unless there were more pressing matters at hand, today there weren't.
On their way there, they overheard conversations about the performance at Rick's Place. He'd never been there himself, never needed to.

As they entered the bar, McKaela was already seated at the counter with a drink in her hand. Typical.

"Evenin' Milady." he says quietly.
Gwen spotted the figure on the sofa before he did, following her gaze, he takes a look.

"Who's that?" Gwen said curiously.

Kata takes a step closer. The person wasn't familiar to him at all, but he looked like a scientist of sorts.

The fox sighs, rubbing his temple. "What did you do this time?" he asks, turning back towards Mckaela.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:08 pm
Sipping quietly on what would appear to Kata and Gwen to be regular hot cocoa, McKaela's ears perk as the two of them enter the mansion through the bar door. "Evenin'," McKaela repeats, smiling lightly.

Her smile fades, though, as Gwen notices the man on the couch. Before she can even respond to Gwen's question, she's accused of causing this by Kata. "What? I didn't... I was at Rick's Place, finished me show, an' this guy was goin' down the alley. He spilled some salt or somethin', we talked a bit, an' then he was on 'is way home an' he slipped on the ice an' hit his head. I couldn't leave 'im lyin' there, now could I?" Though her explanation was quick, frantic, and nervous, she seemed to be telling the truth well enough.

"Anyway, I think he works here in the fortress somewhere. Or... lives here... or... somethin'." How could she not know? She sighs, setting her drink down on the bar and walking over to Alma, lightly shaking him again. "Wakey, wakey?"

McKaela Kiama

Samiur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:35 pm
Alma stirred for a bit after being shaken. His eyes opened slowly only to meet the eyes of the crazy lady he bumped into in the alleyway. He panicked and grasped for the dockers clutch under his right shoulder.

His eyes darted around, taking in the room.

Theres a fox now too?
he placed eyes on the child and calmed down a bit. Then looked at the bar.
and a kid?...and booze...it can't be all bad if theres booze.

Slowly he draws his Colt 1911 and unloads it while rubbing his eyes with his free hand."For godsakes someone please take this from me." He unclips the extra magazine from the Dockers clutch and holds it up with the pistol." This too."afterwards he pulls a knuckle tazer out of his lab coat."and this...you know...if you feel like it?"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:00 pm
How could she possibly not recognize someone like this? They didn't have that many scientists did they?
McKaela starts shaking the mouse, cooing him to wake up.

"So, you just met him out on the... Hey!"

Alma twitched, sharply reaching for something, and in a flash the fox had his pistol drawn and trained on him. It was the glock that Adrian had given him when he first came here. After his first week of living in the fortress, he vowed to never leave his room without some kind of weapon.
Gwen gasped and darted back towards the counter, her ears folded back tightly as she ducks under a stool.

The mouse stopped, he looked startled, who wouldn't be in his situation?

There was no need for violence unless the mouse decided to make the first move. Instead, he carefully slips the .45 out of its nest, and unloads the clip.
The mouse produces another clip, and... a tazer? He beckons the two to take his weapons.

A little more relaxed, but with his guard still up, Kata nods towards McKaela.  

Katakeome

McKaela Kiama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:19 pm
McKaela didn't seem to notice that the mouse was reaching for a weapon, not until Kata yelled a warning and raised his own. In surprise, McKaela takes a single step back, watching Gwen run for cover, but then she shakes her head. "Aw, c'mon, he's not gonna cause us any harm." While it was true, that might not be a good thing; it meant McKaela thought of the mouse as weak, and therefore inferior to her.

The proof of her point comes as the mouse offers his weapons. "See?" McKaela reaches for the gun first, then the ammo, and finally the tazer, grabbing it by the business end not really seeming to realize what it was. The gun and ammo she sets on a nearby table, but the tazer she keeps in her paws, staring down at it and messing with it quietly.

Finally, without parting her gaze from the object, she mumbles, "Ya fell on the ice an' hit yer head. I saved yer life, ya know." She grins. Sure, it was cold enough that maybe the mouse could have frozen to death, but surely someone would have spotted him and called the paramedics if she hadn't taken him home. After all, he'd almost made it to the street. "So I brought ya here." She... drove him? He was lucky to be alive. "T'me mansion." Come to think of it, this place was pretty big and fancy, nice house... did she actually live in it, or were they trespassing somewhere? "Wanna drink er somethin'? Food?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:50 pm
The mouse sat up on the sofa. "i usually only carry the tazer, But being new to town i figured i should probably be a little more careful." He glances at the fox "Calm down pilgrim, I'm not stupid enough to start trouble when i don't fully understand my situation."

He waves his hand in front of his eyes. "visions a bit blurry. probably best that i don't eat or drink anything till i know exactly what's wrong with me, thank you though." He chuckles. "This is almost as bad as the time i fell out of the third floor window of the academy because of an offset chemical reaction. my lab partner accidently got a bit of vinegar from his salad dressing in the test tube." Alma takes a look around the room. "Of course i woke up in a much nicer place this time."

"Sooo. where *Exactly* is 'me mansion' located?"  

Samiur

Katakeome

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:21 pm
As soon as the gun was out of Alma's hand, the fox smirks, twirling the pistol around his finger before sliding it back into his holster.
He shrugs with a chuckle, "Hey, just being careful, eh? 'Sides, I've always wanted to do that to someone."

He crosses his arms over his chest, and Gwen was once again right at his side.
The mouse really didn't seem like a bad guy. His voice carried a soft, lighthearted tone, he sounded like the kind of guy you could instantly like.

Gwen smiles at the story he tells.

McKaela brought him here, he left it to her to answer any questions the mouse had. Meanwhile, Kata walked back towards the counter, he reached under it and pulled out a sprite, tossing it to Gwen before grabbing one for himself. the black hoodie that Kata had given Gwen to wear had sleeves that were way too long for her, the soda almost slipped out of her hands, but she managed.

*chlick*

The fox adjusted his sunglasses, then spun himself around on a stool to face Mckaela and the newcomer.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:44 pm
McKaela listens quietly, staring down at the object in her paws as she backs into a nearby barstool where her hot chocolate had been left. "Think you've got a concussion?" she asks nonchalantly, still tinkering. Her ears perk to the question Alma poses, but little more. "In th'fortress. Ya could see th'place from th'alleyway."

Finally, McKaela looks up from the device, glancing toward the sound of the opening Sprite. "Isn't it a li'l too cold outside to be drinkin' somethin' cooler than room temp'ature?" She starts to turn toward the bar to grab her drink, but in doing so her arm catches on the edge, pulling her finger back, pulling the trigger on the tazer gun, the other end of which is cradled in her other paw. Hey look, fireworks!

McKaela Kiama

Samiur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:14 pm
Alma watches Mackela play with the tazer. "be careful with her, shes gotten me through a lot. exploded on me once. i got her down in Brazil. A punk mugged me with one, punched me right in the face. Hurt so bad i figured i could use one."

He trys to stand but stumbles so he sits back down. "so were in the fortress then? Which means you really are-" He tilts his head back and roars with laughter. " I thought you were-" The laughing continues. "I guess i should call you Ma'am, but i gotta tell you I'm *not* going to call you mistress."

After letting out a long sigh he begins his introduction. "I guess i should make it official then."He stands on wobbly legs and takes a deep bow. " I am Alma Sergio Abdoe, I hail from the small island of Guadeloupe in the Caribbean sea. I am at your disposal" afterwards he falls back onto the sofa. His eyes meet with the child."And what about you Kiddo? I haven't heard you speak since i woke up."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:40 pm
The fox shrugs, paying no mind to McKaela fumbling around with the tazer.

Aside from Gwen, who never really cared, Alma was the first person Kata heard say he wasn't going to refer to McKaela as 'mistress'.

At her disposal huh? Funny how she merely picked him up off the street and now suddenly he was at her disposal. Maybe it was just a generous way of saying thank you.

Gwen picked at her drink top before pulling back a wobbly sleeve and opening it. She takes a drink but keeps her bright, curious eyes on the mouse, they were a pretty shade of light green. She never heard of any place called 'Guadeloupe'. She wondered if everyone there was a white mouse, or a scientist. Maybe they built giant robots or made potions or super laser guns...
She blinked out of her idle daydreaming when his eyes met hers.
She tilts her head cutely at him (as she did with almost everything else).
"I'm... I'm Gwen. Nice to meet you Mr. Alma."
She paused. "Why're your eyes red?" Then, realizing that might have sounded rude, quickly followed behind with "Er.. I'm sorry."  

Katakeome

McKaela Kiama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:53 pm
McKaela completely ignores Alma's warning. It really helped her in the long run (not). "What, of course I really am--what's so funny?!" She glares at the mouse, grunting. "Don't gotta call me Mistress or Ma'am or nothin'..." It takes all of her self-control to keep from saying 'just don't call me late for happy hour'. "Ya can jus' call me McKaela."

"Gwa... da... loo... pay," McKaela sounds out, nodding. "What a word." Otherwise, she continues to screw with this 'toy' she'd claimed. Up until the point where she zaps herself. For a few moments, she sits completely still, eyes wide as though she's surprised by it. Someone might notice, however, that her eyes are full of static like a broken TV screen. After a few moments, her actually limp body begins to lean over before toppling off of the barstool and onto the floor in a heap. A tazer shouldn't do that to someone! But it happened, McKaela was now lying unconscious on the floor, fizzling with static electricity.

It takes about a minute, but suddenly what sounds like beeps and whirring come from inside of her chest. A few more moments and she starts to get up, rubbing her face with her paw and groaning. "Ungh... what the..." She glances down, just to find the tazer had landed on top of her when she fell. In reaction, she tries to scoot away from it, letting it drop to the floor unharmed. "s**t, man... why didn't ya tell me that thing's dangerous?!" Um, actually... he did.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:26 am
Alma smirks at Gwen's question. "A bit of advise kiddo, You never have to apologize to me for something as simple as words." Without missing a beat he began his explanation. "My eyes are red because I'm an albino. I have no pigment in my skin fur or eyes. So instead of seeing my eye color, you see the blood vessels." He gives a light nod to Gwen and focuses on the fox.

"And you, McKaela's very own pistol jockey. You have a name or does Pilgrim suit you just fine?" As he finishes this sentence McKaela fell from her stool.

Alma was going to comment but he noticed she wasn't moving. After standing and making a few wayward steps he made his way over to her as fast as he could. dropping to one knee he gave her shoulders a little shake. Then he noticed her eyes, they weren't closed they weren't rolled back. they were just...static.

"Heh" He mumbles to himself "no kiddin?" Eyes shining over with a near childlike delight. He observes carefully until she regains Her composure. "I told you to be careful with it. had about the same effect on me the first time too. but...you know none of the funny noises and i didn't make off with your wallet." He grins.  

Samiur

Katakeome

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:23 am
Gwen 'oohs' and nods enthusiastically at Alma.

The fox's tail flickers lightly under the stool, he smiles at Alma and holds up a hand defensively "Hey, I'm not anybody's... aw, forget it." He gives a dismissive wave, then motions towards himself with his thumb. "My name's Katakeome, but you can call me Rusty, if that tickles your fancy."

He turns his head just in time to catch a glimpse of Mckaela's static eyes before she falls to the floor. He looks up at Gwen, who shrugs, then back down at McKaela.

Kata kept casually to his stool and took another long sip of the soda while Alma rushed to her side.
Gwen peered over Alma's shoulder.
"Is.... Is she dead?"
Gwen's tone sounded more like playful curiosity than worry. Either she didn't care or this was her crack at a joke.

Kata frowned.
Was Mckaela?...
A series of beeps, bloops, and various mechanic noises came from her body.
Yep, she was.
It made sense now, why so long ago her chest felt like a metal slab. It was.

As McKaela regained her composure, the fox let out a hearty, sarcatic chuckle.
"You're just fulla surprises aren't you? You're a dictator, a sorceress, a druggie, a rock star, and the Terminator."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:28 am
[Kata made me lol. The Terminator, I love it. xD]

As McKaela sits back up, glaring at the tazer, she shakes her head lightly. "Jeezus." She lightly kicks it a good foot or so further away from her before standing up and dusting herself off. Her ears perk to Alma's words to her, and she glances up at him. With her head down, blush radiating from her cheeks, eyes up toward him, ears falling back down, and a light frown, she successfully pulled off the world's best puppy eyes without even intending to.

Then Kata speaks up. She can't help but blush just a little bit brighter and smile nervously at the three onlookers, reaching up to rub the back of her head. "Th-the Terminator? I dunno 'bout that much. But uh." She glances down, left paw reaching up between her breasts to tap lightly on her chest. A hollow metal noise. Then, she does something somewhat unprecidented; she opens her chest panel. Inside was what seemed to be a metal case between her lungs. Her ribs were metal and didn't close in the front. Inside the container, where her heart ought to have been, hangs a glass vial with a blue flame inside of it, matching her left eye. Without a word, after a few moments she closes back up, then proceeds to open the panels on her wrists and offer them toward the three of them. They're full of wires and switches.

"It's just a flesh wound," McKaela remarks as she closes the wrist panels back up as well. All three panels went back seamlessly, she appeared to be a perfectly normal ruxiel had they not known about them. But no doubt this deserved explanation. "When I was seventeen there was a bad accident," she'd only go into details if asked, "I'da died if Aluna hadn't replaced everything that was damaged." How bad was this damage? "I'm more machine than living. Most of me organs were replaced, all of me bones, most muscles." She taps lightly on her skull, "Even half me brain." Ah, that explained a lot. "There's a hard drive an' some computer s**t up there now. But hey, at least I get good reception," she muses with a nervous smile before shaking her head and stepping back over to the bar to finish her drink.

"So, uh. Where are ya employed since this 'promotion' of yours, Alma?" Somewhere on the fortress, likely. And in that event, it was probably Aluna's lab.

McKaela Kiama

Samiur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:38 pm
Stareing off into space Alma answers absentmindedly "The laboratory in the fortress." He makes a vague pointing motion likely in the wrong direction. His life work was before him. it came all at once. After spending years of his life working he only had the ability to replace a hand. maybe the entire arm if things went right. And certainly not in such high quality as hers.

He felt sick, Carefully Alma made his way back to the sofa. As he sat he bumped his head into the the backrest."Ugh.....yeah. That's a concussion. Disorientation, blurry vision, and just a touch of nausea. You wouldn't happen to have an ice pack around here would you?"  
General RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff