Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
If you could bring back one character... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:01 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, yeah. But like you said, you don't count RE4 into the storyline... So in a way, it's like RE4 never happened.
Umbrella COULD live on forever. twisted

And it does! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:05 am
You know, hate on the movies all you want, but honestly, I think Extinction was the way the games should've played out. I'd love to see a Resident Evil game where T-Virus basically took over the world, and civilization has been lost to a zombie apocalypse... Er... I guess in the games it would be Licker apocalypse after a while. Nevertheless. It's a much better scenario than "Umbrella's gone. kthxbai Here's some ancient parasites that just happened to be lying dormant for hundreds of years... Naturally occuring, of course."  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 am
Biohazard EXTREME
You know, hate on the movies all you want, but honestly, I think Extinction was the way the games should've played out. I'd love to see a Resident Evil game where T-Virus basically took over the world, and civilization has been lost to a zombie apocalypse... Er... I guess in the games it would be Licker apocalypse after a while. Nevertheless. It's a much better scenario than "Umbrella's gone. kthxbai Here's some ancient parasites that just happened to be lying dormant for hundreds of years... Naturally occuring, of course."

I see what you're saying and I do see where you're coming from. The biggest problem that I have with the movies is Alice and her superhuman abilities. That's what really ruined it for me. All in all, the movies don't bother me too much, but Alice just kind of takes away from the whole atmosphere that RE is supposed to incorporate. I did expect Jill to be in Extinction, however, they never tell you why she's not there. Nor do they explain what happened to her. Wesker as the CEO of Umbrella didn't bother me too much. But Alice and her 50,000 clones of BS just killed me. They could've also chosen a less arrogant actress too.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:16 am
Well, as far as I know, the reason Jill wasn't in Extinction was because Sienna Guillory signed up for Eragon at the time and couldn't do the shooting.

But according to the novel, Jill is alive in Baltimore, with some outpost of survivors.

I honestly thought Alice's clones was just hilarious. Just because so many people hate her, and Anderson said, "You don't like her? Well here's that much more of her!"
It was ballsy. Plus I'm kinda interested to see how they're actually gonna execute that in the next movie. I mean, RE movies don't have the budget of Lord of the Rings, so they can't just have a whole bunch of super scripted CGI Alices running around. It would get very expensive. So we'll see.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:21 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, as far as I know, the reason Jill wasn't in Extinction was because Sienna Guillory signed up for Eragon at the time and couldn't do the shooting.

But according to the novel, Jill is alive in Baltimore, with some outpost of survivors.

I honestly thought Alice's clones was just hilarious. Just because so many people hate her, and Anderson said, "You don't like her? Well here's that much more of her!"
It was ballsy. Plus I'm kinda interested to see how they're actually gonna execute that in the next movie. I mean, RE movies don't have the budget of Lord of the Rings, so they can't just have a whole bunch of super scripted CGI Alices running around. It would get very expensive. So we'll see.

Now that I think about it, what's gonna be the next big antagonistic creature? They did a Licker in the first film, Nemesis in the second film, and Tyrant in the third. What's next, G-Type? And they should've kept Birkin in for the second film instead of replacing him with Dr. Isaacs. However, he might make a reappearance for a G-Type or something like that. That's my theory.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:30 am
That's a good question. I don't know what they'll have next... It's possible they'll being another tyrant, this one being Mr. X type. I dunno. We'll see. But if it's anything to do with, or even remotely resembling Las Plagas, that's when I walk out of the theater.
But yea, the fact that we had Isaacs (who was awesome) instead of Birkin, only means that there's still the possibility for the William Birkin character to be in the movies.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 am
Biohazard EXTREME
That's a good question. I don't know what they'll have next... It's possible they'll being another tyrant, this one being Mr. X type. I dunno. We'll see. But if it's anything to do with, or even remotely resembling Las Plagas, that's when I walk out of the theater.
But yea, the fact that we had Isaacs (who was awesome) instead of Birkin, only means that there's still the possibility for the William Birkin character to be in the movies.

The next film might incorporate LP bullshit due to the fact that Umbrella screwed up big time with the T-Virus. I do hope it never comes to Plagas crap. I hope they don't screw up a Mr. X antagonist like they did with Tyrant (my favorite and beloved creature in the series).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:41 am
Well, considering that RE4 came out around the same time as Apocalypse, and Anderson could've had plenty of chances to put RE4 influence into Extinction, and didn't... I'm hoping that Anderson isn't stupid enough to take from those shitty games.

And I thought Isaacs Tyrant kicked a**. He looked awesome, and Isaacs was an awesome character.

They should get Dolph Lundgren to play Mr. X.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:43 am
Quote:
And I thought Isaacs Tyrant kicked a**. He looked awesome, and Isaacs was an awesome character.

He was a good antagonist, yes, but I still don't like how he retained his intelligence after he became a Tyrant. And his death was absolute bullshit. The laser hallway!? Come on!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 am
Well, Alice sliced him up, and he healed up... He was obviously more powerful than her. How else were they gonna kill him off? It's not like Ada could've ran in there and tossed Alice a rocket launcher.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Hatsumi Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:58 am
Or Brad shows up with a helicopter underground and drops a rocket launcher and says "Alice, use it! Kill it, whatever it is!" That would've been funny. One of the things that really bothered me about Tyrant's death in the movie was Alice's absolutely arrogant response when he said that he was the next step in evolution. Let's just face it, I hate Alice.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 am
It's just a feeling, but I think Wesker is going to play the bad guy in the next one. I mean, c'mon.. He's been a big part of the series for a while now, and he has only showed up in this movie. I guess he might not, but it's a possibility. I actually have a small hope that they use one of the bosses in some of the games, maybe even the leech man from RE0. It'd be a cool use for a lesser-known boss to make their big screen debut, and what Hollywood CGI can do to my childhood. For better or for worse.

I just wish CJ was alive... To star in the next movie... -sniff-.  

Confectionery Pastry

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:05 pm
Hatsumi Shinobi
Or Brad shows up with a helicopter underground and drops a rocket launcher and says "Alice, use it! Kill it, whatever it is!" That would've been funny. One of the things that really bothered me about Tyrant's death in the movie was Alice's absolutely arrogant response when he said that he was the next step in evolution. Let's just face it, I hate Alice.
Well, that's Alice... Isaacs Tyrant was still awesome.

Sugar daddy donut
It's just a feeling, but I think Wesker is going to play the bad guy in the next one. I mean, c'mon.. He's been a big part of the series for a while now, and he has only showed up in this movie. I guess he might not, but it's a possibility. I actually have a small hope that they use one of the bosses in some of the games, maybe even the leech man from RE0. It'd be a cool use for a lesser-known boss to make their big screen debut, and what Hollywood CGI can do to my childhood. For better or for worse.

I just wish CJ was alive... To star in the next movie... -sniff-.

Well, if in the next RE movie, Wesker pulls off some kind of a bullshit transformation, then it'll just be like RE5, and like I said... That's when I walk out.
I wouldn't mind having Wesker do a similar procedure to Alice and become super-human in Afterlife, as long as he doesn't transform.

Marcus was the lamest boss in a tolerable RE game. He was the worst part of RE0, as a character and as a boss.

And uh... Do you mean LJ?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:07 pm
Quote:
Well, that's Alice... Isaacs Tyrant was still awesome.

Other than the intelligence aspect, I don't mind him. He's okay.  

Hatsumi Shinobi

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:14 pm
Well, I wouldn't have liked the intelligence aspect either. But he's pretty much a Tyrant in appearance only. I mean, it's not like he becomes that way by traditional incubation capsule means. He just pumps himself full of stuff, including (according to the book) another virus that he's been developing as a derivative of the T-Virus.
So technically, he's only a Tyrant in visual aspect, but he's pretty much an all new creature.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff