Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Resident Evil MystREs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:03 pm
MilitantClockwork
I have no logical answer for the first one...but maybe in the original japanese text it actually had a more profound meaning? Like how some words are comprimised through translations, perhaps? That's the only thing I'm getting. sweatdrop

Are you talking about the Full Metal Prison?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:01 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
MilitantClockwork
I have no logical answer for the first one...but maybe in the original japanese text it actually had a more profound meaning? Like how some words are comprimised through translations, perhaps? That's the only thing I'm getting. sweatdrop

Are you talking about the Full Metal Prison?
Yeah.  

MilitantClockwork

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:15 pm
Well, I really don't think that they actually translated it. Full Metal Prison was still Full Metal Prison in the japanese version. Either way on the PSX version, the resolution (320 x 240) is way too small to actually see what it says. There's no way in hell one could. I supposed it would be much better on the PC version 640 by 480, but still not very legible. I had to put mine at 1024 x 768 to see it well.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:48 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I really don't think that they actually translated it. Full Metal Prison was still Full Metal Prison in the japanese version. Either way on the PSX version, the resolution (320 x 240) is way too small to actually see what it says. There's no way in hell one could. I supposed it would be much better on the PC version 640 by 480, but still not very legible. I had to put mine at 1024 x 768 to see it well.
It might be possible, sometimes Japanese-English game translations don't follow through fully.
If that's not it, then we may never know and it could just be random gibberish they slapped on there... and made it to where it sounded suspiciously close to a mysterious reference. Just to toy with us, you know?  

MilitantClockwork

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:45 pm
Either way, there's no way that text should have been legible without my emulator.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:14 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Either way, there's no way that text should have been legible without my emulator.
Right. 3nodding They probably didn't count on anyone magnifying and adjusting the resolution to the point it could be clearly read.  

MilitantClockwork

Moon_Elf_Necromancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:30 am
meh some games are wierd like that , yay im back hi guys razz rofl ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:08 am
What is most curious to me about this "Full Metal Prison" thing is it's location. A grave in a random hallway with no means of entrance or point to building? It might even have something to do with what's inscribed in the grave. Think about it, being knocked out then waking up with grimy walls and nothing else but a grave stone that says "Full Metal Prison, 1993-1994" The only way to it is under the grave stone which as far as we know has no way of opening. Again, it's location as well as purpose is deffinately up for question...

Oh, and as far as the computer screen that could just be graphic designer laziness and using an already made lay out for a random camera feed.  

JesterXIII

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:10 pm
That's the best explanation I ever heard about the gravestone. Although there's a switch to escape, but if it wasn't for the hole in the ceiling, I bet there's no way someone could find the switch. And the lettering is embroidered, so they could still feel it out.

As far as the computer screen, I'm sure it wasn't laziness, since they designed the rest of the window. Maybe they were hoping the image would be relevant, like someone would see it and be like, "Oh, I recognize this!" Which I kinda did, but I wasn't sure if it was original of from the game. So I searched and found it.

Edit:

But you wanna know my honest opinion about the gravestone? I bet it was a part of another puzzle in the beta version, or something they planned to use in a puzzle, or as a part of a storyline. But then just scrapped that idea and said, "Well, we already have the texture for the tombstone, why not use it somewhere, just make sure that people can't see what it says.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:53 pm
I've always thought about the location and the inscription only adds to the effect. I believe in the re-release of Resident Evil for the gamecube it said someone's name but I can't remember exactly. And I would say for the computer screen that it was a live feed from the mansion itself, Umbrella basically owning RPD, except for the fact that the mansion was destroyed. Then again, we have to look at all aspects, including Outbreak File 2. They were looking for a way out on that computer, who's to say they didn't stumble upon some past feed files and left it open because in a time of crisis when you're that low on the pole who's going to shut down the computer? I mean, they had to look at both schematics and live feeds so...just so more to think about

EDIT: I just looked at the computer picture again noticing the text from RE2. It is a past feed because it says File. I'm fixed on that Outbreak might have something to do with it  

JesterXIII

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:29 pm
The REmake inscription said "George Trevor" since they decided to include parts of Trevor's Diaries in the game.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:35 am
That was it...I forgot the first name, thank you  

JesterXIII

D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 5, 4, 5, 5 Total: 25 (6-36)

D000M

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:24 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

Full Metal
PRISON
[1993 - 1994]

This one beat the hell outa me. I don't know what it means or what the date signifies. I've been searching for anything full metal that has to do with 1993, and the only thing I found was a spoof of Full Metal Jacket called FUll Metal Pulpit, which I don't know if it's a movie, or what, but it's something about bible camp, which can be considered a prison. But I really don't think there's a connection.

Maybe RE's developers at Capcom were creating a game called "Full Metal PRISON" that had began development in 1993 and then the project was cancelled and development stopped in 1994, and this was like a nod to that. Kinda like an inside joke....Just a thought.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:40 pm
Wow... Good theory... Considering it's a grave stone... Kinda like, their project died.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Ivory Lie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07 am
i wonder if its a mystery actually is it or isnt it

THE BLOOD IN THE MANSION

whos could it be me wonders  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers