Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe RP Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pashunath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:08 pm
May I be Slartibartfast?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:26 pm
Pas
May I be Slartibartfast?

Yep! biggrin  

LifeLoveandstuff

Pashunath

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:11 pm
A bright flash lights up Milliways and out of he light walks Slartibartfast, "Urgg... I'm getting to old for time travel." He says, slowly he starts scanning the restaurant and it's current occupants. Slowly he hobbles over to where Arthur is standing and says " Hello, Earthman, it is a good thing that I found you. Great things are afoot."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:13 am
Spike_Theta
The Heretic 59548
at this, Arthur looked up at Ford and said, "Okay."

"All right." With a final departing clap on Arthur's shoulder in what he judged to be a bracing and reassuring manner, Ford began a new quest: aquiring a stiff drink for his friend.
Tea would be best, of course, but finding an alcoholic beverage would be quicker by about a decade or so.
Silvertanuki
Zphod looked around wildly, sauntered over to the bar, and bought most of it.

Noticing Zaphod's recent aquisition of a great deal of alcohol, Ford made his way into Zaphod's general vicinity.
"Zaphod!" exclaimed Ford. "My oldest, dearest, drinking buddy!" Actually, Ford's oldest drinking buddy was Rqwhshar Mandlebrot of Gwarnion 7, and his dearest drinking buddy was of course Arthur. However, this was a Quest for Alcohol, and thus nescessitated the use of Tactics.
With a broad smile on his face, Ford continued. "How about sharing a bit of the wealth? A bit of the love?"
Giving Zaphod a bit of time to ponder the proposal, Ford motioned to Alyssa. "Hey," he said to her in a friendly manner, "You want a drink too?"
"Sure," said Zaphod, already a bit sozzled. "As far as I'm concerned, everything is cool and froody."  

Silvertanuki

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:27 pm
Pas
A bright flash lights up Milliways and out of he light walks Slartibartfast, "Urgg... I'm getting to old for time travel." He says, slowly he starts scanning the restaurant and it's current occupants. Slowly he hobbles over to where Arthur is standing and says " Hello, Earthman, it is a good thing that I found you. Great things are afoot."

"like what?" Arthur asked  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:08 pm
Now assured in the approval of at least one of Zaphod's heads, Ford scooped up an armful of drinks: one for Arthur, the rest to keep himself off the floor - or at least to keep him on the floor in a highly interesting state of mind.
He passed a bottle of something blue, minty, and sparkling with little arcs of electricity to Alyssa. "Here, have a Jn Ent Onyx. We'll have you drinking like a citizen of the universe in no time."

The Heretic 59548
Pas

Noticing Slartibartfast's sudden appearance, Ford grabbed a few more drinks in case an adventure arose. He sidled over to where Arthur and Slartibartfast were (carefully, so as to not spill any drinks), and joined the conversation.
"Like what? Well, there's that girl over there-" Ford indicated Alyssa with a tilt of his head, since his hands were a bit full at the moment- "who just fell out of a ceiling and says where she comes from we're all fictional characters. I'd say that definitely qualifies as strange things being afoot."
For no particular reason, he added, "...at the Circle K."
Actually Ford felt a bit sorry for Alyssa - a few minutes after she'd dropped in, and already he was the only one still acknowledging her existance.
It was probably because she'd dropped in on him, but still...
A thought struck Ford. "Hey Arthur, didn't there used to be a minimum age limit for drinking or something stupid like that on Earth?" He pondered this for a moment, then came to the only logical conclusion he could muster. "It must have been a literary device. Far too ridiculous to exist in a nonfiction universe."
He tossed a drink to Arthur (not a terribly strong one - it was, in fact, considerably weaker than the electric beverage he'd given Alyssa) and another drink to Slartibartfast (an Ol' Janx Spirit). Selecting a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster for himself, Ford raised his drink high for a toast. "To fiction!"
He set his other drinks on a table before downing the Gargle Blaster, just to be safe.
Sure enough, he soon found himself on the floor again.
This time he refrained from admiring the ceiling, in case anyone else was going to pop out of it.
"Hey Slarti," Ford's voice rose waveringly from the floor, "you know your socks don't match?"

{ooc time! I don't suppose we're allowed to play more that one character, are we? ninja }  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:50 pm
Arthur responded, saying, "There used to be one, but it doesn't matter anymore."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:10 pm
The Heretic 59548
Arthur responded, saying, "There used to be one, but it doesn't matter anymore."

Ford winced. Oh. Um. Ouch. Er.
Ford, you idiot, he innerly monologued.
He decided, for the moment, to pretend to be passed out drunk. Even though under no circumstances could a single Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster make Ford Prefect pass out drunk-
No. Hang on. Ix. He deserved that right now. Under no circumstances could a single Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster make Ix pass out drunk.
Damn, he thought, what did they put in this thing? Angst juice?!
For some reason he felt very out of character.
Actually, upon further reflection, Ford very much doubted that any best-selling genius author - and surely any author that could come up with Ford Prefect had to be a best-selling genius - would actually write into one of their books a girl suddenly appearing to tell everyone they lived in a fictional universe.
Ford cast a wary glare at Alyssa. Suddenly she absolutely smacked of a Mary Sue. Could this be a fanfiction?
Am I breaking the fourth wall now, he wondered, or am I just...
A brilliant conclusion presented itself to Ford. Clearly he needed another drink. Or two or three or seven hundred.
He sat up and grabbed four more Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters off the table. That way he wouldn't have to get up again.
He also passed another drink to Arthur. This time an exceedingly strong one.
Someday, Ford thought, I am going to get that man some tea.
And he returned to the floor, resuming his lifelong attempts to give the introspective portions of his brain alcohol poisoning.

{ooc: I'm terribly, terribly sorry. sweatdrop }  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Pashunath

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:53 pm
The Heretic 59548

"Have you not noticed how strange and out of character everyone is acting." said Slarty. "There is something strange going on here."  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:32 am
Pas
The Heretic 59548

"Have you not noticed how strange and out of character everyone is acting." said Slarty. "There is something strange going on here."

Ford broke into a fit of giddy laughter. "I was just thinking that!" he guffawed, as if it were the most hilarious thing in the world. The alcohol, thankfully, had taken effect, and Ford was for the moment protected from angst-ridden introspection.
However, he was still aware of the fact that nobody was wearing a matching pair of socks, and this was becoming a point of some annoyance to him. He was planning to spend a lot of time on the floor that evening, and how was he supposed to enjoy himself if he was surrounded by mismatched socks?
As he mulled over this, Ford took another swallow of Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster and found his ability to pronounce the letter "S" somewhat diminished.
"Y'know what else is stranjhe," he slurred, for the moment back in character. "Nobody's got matching socksh on. Not even... not even those guys." Ford pointed to one of the two images he could see of a table of middle-aged nomadic space hippies, who were decked out in the traditional space hippie garb of big sparkly jewelry, clothing of tie-dyed fabric and transparent vinyl, and socks and sandals. He paused for a bit to admire the group of space hippies swimming about colorfully in his field of vision.
It was a beautiful sight, really.
After a few seconds of silence (and a few more hits of Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster), Ford suddenly changed the subject. "I think...I think i's jus' kin'a freeform, yeah? I don'...I don'even think i'sh one wif a GM."
What he had changed the subject to was anybody's guess.  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:32 pm
Pas
The Heretic 59548

"Actually," Arthur said, "I hadn't noticed that. Although I haven't felt like myself at all today." He drank the drink that Ford had given him.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:55 pm
The Heretic 59548
Pas
The Heretic 59548

"Actually," Arthur said, "I hadn't noticed that. Although I haven't felt like myself at all today." He drank the drink that Ford had given him.

Blearily, Ford pulled himself up to a somewhat swaying sitting position. He grabbed on to Arthur's legs, partially to keep himself from falling over and partly to confirm Arthur's last statement.
After passing his hands up and down Arthur's trousers a few times, he came to a conclusion. "Funny, you feel the same to me...unlessh..." Ford's eyes widened. "Hey, you are Arfur, right?"
After a few tries, he grabbed another Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster off the table. "Oh well," he said, and passed Arthur - if it really was Arthur - a bottle of banapple schnapps. "Huwever you are, ha' anuffer...have another drinkh. I'd be a shame to waste all thish...all thish alk-oh-hall," he said, by now having to pronounce his words with great care.
"I think," Ford said finally in a loud conspiratorial whisper, "I am about to pass out."

{ooc: Hey, I'm going to Washington DC for Spring Break, so if a lot of things happen in the next week or so, just assume Ford has passed out at some point, or is at least in enough of a stupor to be unaware of his surroundings.}  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:12 am
Spike_Theta
The Heretic 59548
Pas
The Heretic 59548

Blearily, Ford pulled himself up to a somewhat swaying sitting position. He grabbed on to Arthur's legs, partially to keep himself from falling over and partly to confirm Arthur's last statement.
After passing his hands up and down Arthur's trousers a few times, he came to a conclusion. "Funny, you feel the same to me...unlessh..." Ford's eyes widened. "Hey, you are Arfur, right?"
After a few tries, he grabbed another Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster off the table. "Oh well," he said, and passed Arthur - if it really was Arthur - a bottle of banapple schnapps. "Huwever you are, ha' anuffer...have another drinkh. I'd be a shame to waste all thish...all thish alk-oh-hall," he said, by now having to pronounce his words with great care.
"I think," Ford said finally in a loud conspiratorial whisper, "I am about to pass out."

{ooc: Hey, I'm going to Washington DC for Spring Break, so if a lot of things happen in the next week or so, just assume Ford has passed out at some point, or is at least in enough of a stupor to be unaware of his surroundings.}

{(I see. It shall be done.)}
"Go ahead," said Arthur. "Just don't do it on me..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:02 pm
The Heretic 59548
Spike_Theta

{(I see. It shall be done.)}
"Go ahead," said Arthur. "Just don't do it on me..."

Ford narrowed his eyes at Arthur. "Oh. I shee how it iz." He consumed what remained of the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster he had been unsteadily holding. Then, using various handfuls of Arthur's clothing (and the occasional painful bit of Arthur's skin underlying the clothing), Ford pulled himself up to a somewhat swaying standing position.
For a disquieting couple of seconds he stared steadily into Arthur's eyes. "She'll be back in a week," Ford said finally, and with that shoved Arthur roughly onto the ground and passed out on top of him, as heavily as he could.
The bottle of banapple schnapps remained happily unscathed.  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:29 pm
Arthur pushed Ford off of him, turned to Slartibartfast, and said, "What do you think it means?"  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games