Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
I'm Gonna Be The Mane Event! : Updated! 8/8/10 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:31 pm
Well, if anyone cares to know, I updated my character profile. I figured talking about the weapon wasn't as good as giving people something to see, so that's what I did.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:24 am
The post for rankings and contestants has been updated!  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:26 am
Lord Sithious
Well, if anyone cares to know, I updated my character profile. I figured talking about the weapon wasn't as good as giving people something to see, so that's what I did.

In any case, I doubt that weapons will factor in to this contest much at all.
Though I might play with the idea of there being some kind of quest for the contestants to be invited on after this contest is over.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:17 am
Quote:
Rich Side Home to many a rich aristocrat, both titled and un-titled, rumored to also be a burgler-magnet!

Oh, and btw, this location is a good place to say your character lives/has a mansion, if you want to say they have a residence in Byako or they're from here or whatever.
But please refrain from saying their home (or family/ancestral home) is the absolute biggest or most expensive or whatever. You can say they think it is, or it is arguably so, or it is one of... but really it just doesn't work if everyone says theirs is the biggest house because they can't all be the biggest, right?  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Fuzzy Mitten Mistress

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:22 pm
Excuse me. If someone of poor birth was raised and taught in the ways of nobility would they be acceptable?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:57 pm
Quote:
*Your character must have some kind of claim to nobility, and be fully prepared to prove to the queen and her entourage that (s)he is qualified to become the next monarch of Byako's nobility.

I'm pretty sure the answer would be no.
If I were raised as and taught the ways of a wolf, I would not actually be a wolf. I might go on to found Rome, though.  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:26 am
Technically, if someone wasn't actually of noble birth...
but if they managed to convince everyone else that they were...
including being able to list off a full and comprehensive pedigree...
then no one would be likely to know any different.
Technically.

But yes, as Faulty quoted, they are absolutely required to claim nobility, and must furthermore prove that they are qualified in the ways that the queen would consider to be essential qualifications. Hence the upcoming tests and questions they must pass to a reasonable degree in order to prove their fitness for the job.

((and sorry, I will most likely be away from Gaia for the following week, but I will be back for the start of the competition.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:21 pm
Here's Nicky!

I thought I would give you some more competition. wink

Though, my roleplaying skills are a little rusty.  

Eveangelen

Shadowy Capitalist

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:26 pm
Allo folks! This is just a friendly reminder that we will be accepting late entries!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:15 pm
Yes... in fact all the judges have agreed that late entries will be allowed.
The more the merrier!

-But-
I do not think there is any way we can make allowance for people who joined late to make up for having missed out on points they would have gotten if they had entered the contest on time.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 pm
Once again, I have updated the the rankings and contestants listings!

And a quick note: The first official Question of the contest is actually your character's introduction into the audience hall; (judges get thinking about how you want to rate the entrances)
The first Task is scheduled to be officially announced on wednesday (and that's when I intend to post a note about it in the RP), but just for fun for this first week, I'll say what it is in advance, and everyone will have through wednesday to roll dice for it.

Remember to roll either one 10-sided die, or generate a random number from 1 to 10. Whatever you roll should be considered an indication of your character's success at the task, and it will also be the number of points you will be awarded for the Task. Please RP the results, remember your character will not be 100% successful at it unless you roll a 10, a 5 is considered 50%.

Okay, so: The Task is: Socializing. Either idle chitchat, networking, or flirtation, with random nobility present in the audience hall. (Either other contestants or people you make up for temporary roles) Consider the roll you get to be a general overview of the total results; your character can be more successful in some conversations and less so in others, just so it averages out more or less the same.

(and yay to those of you who have already been socializing with each other)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 pm
Is it too late to enter?!

Um.. profile halfway down this page. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15432577&page=13

Posh accountancy werewolf for the crown!  

BlazingDan

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:24 pm
No, it's okay, especially since I was behind and didn't officially announce the contest starting until today.

But anyone entering after this should not be included in the judging for the first Question.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:32 pm
So, the contest has started, and the judges need to get going on judging the first Question, while the participants get started on the first round of Tasks!

See the First Page of This Thread for the "official" announcement of the first Task, which has also been "officially" announced in the contest RP currently located in the palace.  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Eveangelen

Shadowy Capitalist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:19 pm
Don't you just love my pathetic number generator skills? biggrin  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum