Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Haiti destroyed because God wanted to??? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:43 pm
Pirate Captain Sushi
Rush and Pat are just ******** tools. Why would you even want to listen to them acting like idiots?

"Also Bob Marley is the Second Coming of the messiah himself." Haha, these Youtube comments have me rolling. rofl

Ehem, those who look at this as an "act of god" surely don't have the slightest bit of geological knowledge. Haiti is an island dangerously close to the tectonic boundary and (as such) has occasional tremors (not strong, but a lot of P and S waves). Its government should remember to prepare its citizens for disastrous mishaps by the shifting plates. Since they've purposely constructed weak-structural buildings, they were just ******** ASKING for a mishap on scales of such a grand level.

Well they're kinda a poor country, I doubt they could have afforded it. I mean they should definitely rebuild all of the buildings with earthquakes in mind, but probably they just never had to think about it before.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:27 pm
I remember seing about the pact with the devil thing on Infomania xD

Poor Haiti, I mean, why would a fellow Christian like him say that about other people so faithful to god? In the news, some still felt that god knew why he had done that. (supposedly)

It makes me want to cry ;-; (yes, I am an atheist xD)  

Doredia

Beloved Gekko

Labtech Soosh

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:40 am
Mrithyu
Pirate Captain Sushi
Rush and Pat are just ******** tools. Why would you even want to listen to them acting like idiots?

"Also Bob Marley is the Second Coming of the messiah himself." Haha, these Youtube comments have me rolling. rofl

Ehem, those who look at this as an "act of god" surely don't have the slightest bit of geological knowledge. Haiti is an island dangerously close to the tectonic boundary and (as such) has occasional tremors (not strong, but a lot of P and S waves). Its government should remember to prepare its citizens for disastrous mishaps by the shifting plates. Since they've purposely constructed weak-structural buildings, they were just ******** ASKING for a mishap on scales of such a grand level.

Well they're kinda a poor country, I doubt they could have afforded it. I mean they should definitely rebuild all of the buildings with earthquakes in mind, but probably they just never had to think about it before.

Are you telling me Rebar isn't cheap?
Depending on the grade, rebar can go for as much as concrete. Now, I may not know ALL of the building materials, but I can tell you that a lot of the buildings in Haiti are made with concrete.
Haiti does not have strict building code enforcement, and its contractors purposely built their buildings out of cheap material for maximum profit.
Hence, Haiti's governments at fault for neglecting regulations.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:56 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
And I thought God was all-loving.

Ahh these contradiction are making my head hurt AHH crying  

I Am A Mountie

Arios V

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:28 pm
LimeIzMyFaveColor
And I thought God was all-loving.

If he was all-loving, he would have smote him or at least made it so he can't open his fat mouth.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:18 am
Pirate Captain Sushi
Mrithyu
Pirate Captain Sushi

Are you telling me Rebar isn't cheap?
Depending on the grade, rebar can go for as much as concrete. Now, I may not know ALL of the building materials, but I can tell you that a lot of the buildings in Haiti are made with concrete.
Haiti does not have strict building code enforcement, and its contractors purposely built their buildings out of cheap material for maximum profit.
Hence, Haiti's governments at fault for neglecting regulations.

I actually did a quick check and most the buildings are made mostly of hardened clay.  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items