Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Senshi Ages Between Manga and Anime Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:26 am
xX Vanity Angel Xx

Woah..

Here's a little something I got off of Moon Princess.

What are all the Sailor Senshi's ages and birthdays?

It is very risky to specifically state an age for any of the Sailor Senshi on a profile page because they get older as the series progressed. It's easier to state their birthdays and then calculate from there how old a Sailor Senshi was during a specific time or season. Here are their birthdays with year:

Moon - June 30, 1978
Mercury - September 10, 1978
Mars - April 17, 1978
Jupiter - December 5, 1978
Venus - October 22, 1978
Neptune - March 6, 1978
Uranus - January 27, 1978
Pluto - October 29, 1976
Saturn - January 6, 1981
Chibi/Mini Moon - June 30, ????
Tuxedo Mask - August 3, 1975
Star Healer - February 8, 1979
Star Maker - May 30, 1979
Star Fighter - July 30, 1979

It's important to note that the time in the Sailor Moon world was parallel to real time when the show first aired in Japan. For example, the show aired on March 3, 1992 so in Sailor Moon's world it was also March 3, 1992. Time in Sailor Moon's world continued like this throughout the whole series. This is how I was able to calculate what year everyone was born in.

It will be very difficult for me to map out each character's age during the progression of the entire season so I will map out Usagi's (Sailor Moon) age throughout each season and hopefully, you can use the birthdays to figure out everyone else on your own.

Usagi was 13 years old when the show aired on March 3, 1992. However, she was 14 years old by Japanese Episode 17 so she was 14 years old for most of the first season. (Okay, this part gets confusing.) The only episode where we see Usagi celebrate her birthday was Japanese Episode 101 in Sailor Moon S when she wanted a pair of glass slippers that was later infected with a daimon. This episode was Usagi's 15th birthday, even though it was June 1994 BECAUSE at the end of the first season, the Silver Crystal granted Usagi's wish that they would all be normal teenagers again so they jumped back one year in age. So in June 1993, Usagi turned 14 AGAIN. This would make Usagi 16 years old in the beginning of Sailor Stars when Mamoru leaves for America on May 11, 1996. Mamoru would be 19-years-old at the same time, factoring in the time jump backward.

The time jump backward essentially forced Usagi, Ami, Rei, Minako, and Makoto to repeat the eighth grade. So in order for the Sailor Starlights to be in the same grade as them in Sailor Stars, the Sailor Starlights must be a year younger than Usagi and the other girls.

Though Sailor Neptune and Uranus were one grade above Usagi, they were still born in the same year. This is also due to the Silver Crystal time jump. Sailor Neptune and Uranus were in 10th grade during "Sailor Moon S" while Usagi was in 9th grade.

However, in the manga, there was no time jump so the Sailor Starlights would actually have been born in 1978 like Usagi in order to be in her grade in Sailor Stars. Sailor Neptune and Uranus can still have been born in 1978, regardless of the time jump, because school begins in March so they could have been accepted into the grade above Usagi's though they were born in the same year.

I hope this clears some things up, because it is a very well thought out explanation of their ages that this girl took her time into researching instead of fighting viciously with others to prove that she is right!

*Applauds you* It all makes sense now. The time jump makes the most sense and is the most reasonable explanation.

And to Alechsa, the day of episode air and the day in story is the same. It was told by the animators. They knew it would be aired in '92 so they planned the story to be in '92.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:30 am
The anime was weird with age... Cause for the first two seasons Usagi was in 8th grade while S and SuperS she was in 9th. Then in Stars she was in 10th.  

Sailorcancer2004

Syndrama

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:25 am
Roselite Blade

*Applauds you* It all makes sense now. The time jump makes the most sense and is the most reasonable explanation.

And to Alechsa, the day of episode air and the day in story is the same. It was told by the animators. They knew it would be aired in '92 so they planned the story to be in '92.

Time jump because of a wish made on the Silver Crystal where ALL Usagi said was "I want us all to live as normal girls again" not "I want this year back" makes more sense than "Michiru and Haruka were just born a year BEFORE the inners?" sweatdrop Besides, they remember fighting Beryl. Law of paradox says if you go back and relive a moment, you do NOT remember the original moment.

Anyway, the rule of the anime airing = the real date, is null and void just by looking at the first three seasons.

Classic aired in 92.
R aired in 93.
Usagitachi are all in fourth year junior high throughout both seasons, and there is never a repeat season of the year in R that was in Classic. (Winter only happens once between the two seasons)
S did not air over summer, but it takes place entirely in their summer break.
Super S and Stars take place in a single year, but are aired over two years.

BSSM ran over 5 years, but the senshi only aged two school grades (ignoring Hotaru). Those are the facts.

If you want to know their "real" ages, read the art books. sweatdrop Otherwise this is all a bunch of fanfiction theories.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:28 am
hmm...I think the only reason Pluto's Birthday is even up there was because she died once in the future and Neo-Queen serenity might've sent her back to grow up (ah the paradox of that) as a normal child.

'cause you got to remember, the first go around, Pluto never died while she was in the time gate= making her ageless and her birth-year hard to pinpoint.

Since she WAS sent back to 'grow up' or for their mission, her birth-year was pin-pointed.

I think Chibiusa's birth year is in 2098. *because in the Manga she's 901 and then she celebrated her 902 birthday.*

So Chibiusa was born June,30, 2098.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Syndrama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:20 am
Sailorcancer2004
The anime was weird with age... Cause for the first two seasons Usagi was in 8th grade while S and SuperS she was in 9th. Then in Stars she was in 10th.

Uhh, actually, in Classic and R, she was in 4th year junior high - 9th grade equivalent. S was summer break (and consequently, high school entrance exam studies), and SuperS was the beginning of high school, which in Japan is TENTH grade equivalent. She's finishing up that year and going into summer break for Stars. A paraphrased quote of the final moment of the last episode of Stars:

"I'm Tsukino Usagi, first year high school student... I'm also the beautiful sailor suited soldier, Sailor Moon..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:53 pm
Roselite Blade
Well, I trust them, and thus I go by them.

END OF DISSCUSSION!

Agreed.  

Karasuaki

Clover_chan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:37 am
Solar Kitty-chan
In the anime, yes. The Senshi are starting high school in Stars. I'm pretty sure that in the manga they're starting high school as well, but the ending of the manga I'm a little unclear about. Aren't Mamrou and Usagi engaged at the end of the manga? That would make it as though some time had passed, but generally they are viewed as 14-16 in the series.

However, I don't think that book is entirely right seeing as Michiru and Haruka are a year older than the Inner Senshi and the book lists them being born in the same year...

Well, dont forget, Usagi and Mamoru get married at the end of Stars....  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:39 am
Roselite Blade
xX Vanity Angel Xx

Woah..

Here's a little something I got off of Moon Princess.

What are all the Sailor Senshi's ages and birthdays?

It is very risky to specifically state an age for any of the Sailor Senshi on a profile page because they get older as the series progressed. It's easier to state their birthdays and then calculate from there how old a Sailor Senshi was during a specific time or season. Here are their birthdays with year:

Moon - June 30, 1978
Mercury - September 10, 1978
Mars - April 17, 1978
Jupiter - December 5, 1978
Venus - October 22, 1978
Neptune - March 6, 1978
Uranus - January 27, 1978
Pluto - October 29, 1976
Saturn - January 6, 1981
Chibi/Mini Moon - June 30, ????
Tuxedo Mask - August 3, 1975
Star Healer - February 8, 1979
Star Maker - May 30, 1979
Star Fighter - July 30, 1979

It's important to note that the time in the Sailor Moon world was parallel to real time when the show first aired in Japan. For example, the show aired on March 3, 1992 so in Sailor Moon's world it was also March 3, 1992. Time in Sailor Moon's world continued like this throughout the whole series. This is how I was able to calculate what year everyone was born in.

It will be very difficult for me to map out each character's age during the progression of the entire season so I will map out Usagi's (Sailor Moon) age throughout each season and hopefully, you can use the birthdays to figure out everyone else on your own.

Usagi was 13 years old when the show aired on March 3, 1992. However, she was 14 years old by Japanese Episode 17 so she was 14 years old for most of the first season. (Okay, this part gets confusing.) The only episode where we see Usagi celebrate her birthday was Japanese Episode 101 in Sailor Moon S when she wanted a pair of glass slippers that was later infected with a daimon. This episode was Usagi's 15th birthday, even though it was June 1994 BECAUSE at the end of the first season, the Silver Crystal granted Usagi's wish that they would all be normal teenagers again so they jumped back one year in age. So in June 1993, Usagi turned 14 AGAIN. This would make Usagi 16 years old in the beginning of Sailor Stars when Mamoru leaves for America on May 11, 1996. Mamoru would be 19-years-old at the same time, factoring in the time jump backward.

The time jump backward essentially forced Usagi, Ami, Rei, Minako, and Makoto to repeat the eighth grade. So in order for the Sailor Starlights to be in the same grade as them in Sailor Stars, the Sailor Starlights must be a year younger than Usagi and the other girls.

Though Sailor Neptune and Uranus were one grade above Usagi, they were still born in the same year. This is also due to the Silver Crystal time jump. Sailor Neptune and Uranus were in 10th grade during "Sailor Moon S" while Usagi was in 9th grade.

However, in the manga, there was no time jump so the Sailor Starlights would actually have been born in 1978 like Usagi in order to be in her grade in Sailor Stars. Sailor Neptune and Uranus can still have been born in 1978, regardless of the time jump, because school begins in March so they could have been accepted into the grade above Usagi's though they were born in the same year.

I hope this clears some things up, because it is a very well thought out explanation of their ages that this girl took her time into researching instead of fighting viciously with others to prove that she is right!

if you watch the japanese episodes of Sailor Moon (which i have been for the past 2 days) Its starts off as Usagi being 14 and in the 8th grade. She says so at the beginning of every episode really at the beginning. biggrin  

Clover_chan

Syndrama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:44 pm
Clover_chan
Solar Kitty-chan
In the anime, yes. The Senshi are starting high school in Stars. I'm pretty sure that in the manga they're starting high school as well, but the ending of the manga I'm a little unclear about. Aren't Mamrou and Usagi engaged at the end of the manga? That would make it as though some time had passed, but generally they are viewed as 14-16 in the series.

However, I don't think that book is entirely right seeing as Michiru and Haruka are a year older than the Inner Senshi and the book lists them being born in the same year...

Well, dont forget, Usagi and Mamoru get married at the end of Stars....

A girl can be married at 16 in Japan. sweatdrop It's legal. You can get married at 14 in soem areas of Japan, actually...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:05 pm
Not at the end of the Stars anime... They only got married in the MANGA.

Usagi does state that she is in 8th grade at the beginning of the anime and in the manga. She also states she's 16 and in 10th grade in the last episode of BSSM.

The first season... Usagi wished to be normal. She did not reverse time at all. The events that occured with the Senshi as Senshi were erased from their minds; they did not lose a whole year.

The exact date on which the episode aired is not the date in the specific episode. Yes, it was the year 1992 when BSSM aired and it was that year until (approx.) the end of R/S.

I just watched the episode where Mako-chan is the target for the Daimon. She does say Haruka, at 16, is too young for a driver's license.

That list of birthdates that was put up is flawed because the Starlights are the same age as Usagi-tachi. Also, they weren't born on Earth. Their "birthdates" are most likely just covers for their personas as the idol group Threelights. Of course, that's an entirely seperate issue....

As for the Shitennou, I got their estimated ages from Bunny's Tour and she took the ages from the artbook (I believe it was the Materials Collection):

Kunzite -> 25-26
Zoicite -> 16
Nephrite -> 19
Jadeite -> 18

Chibi-Usa, by manga standards, is 901-902 but the flow of time is definitely different in the future than it is durring the actual series.

Also, the start of the high school for Usagi-tachi (sans Rei) was the Neherenia arc of Stars. If you notice, that's the only time they have different school fuku. The high school uses a darker blue while junior high is just a little lighter. That's one of the key ways of telling. As for Rei, her school has a whole different system.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Syndrama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:23 pm
Really easy way to tell they moved on to Highschool: Makoto is actually wearing a blue and white fuku! eek They could get one her size made over the summer, since she wasn't a transfer student late in the year like in Junior High.

Also, no one wears a school uniform at all in most of SuperS as I recall, because they're in Summer Break. 3nodding

Thank you Kitty-Chan... you are my hero! heart

(Kunzi-chan is SUCH a cradle robber with Venus-hime! XD)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:11 pm
~Alechsa~
Really easy way to tell they moved on to Highschool: Makoto is actually wearing a blue and white fuku! eek They could get one her size made over the summer, since she wasn't a transfer student late in the year like in Junior High.

Also, no one wears a school uniform at all in most of SuperS as I recall, because they're in Summer Break. 3nodding

Thank you Kitty-Chan... you are my hero! heart

(Kunzi-chan is SUCH a cradle robber with Venus-hime! XD)

Yes, Mako-chan getting her matching fuku as well as Minako-chan getting the same one as Usagi, Ami, and Makoto since she attended a different junior high school!

And I am everyone's hero! HeHe! heart

Hai, hai, but they look good together, ne?  

Solar Kitty-chan

Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces