Sir Sebastian Codswallop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:46 pm
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Why are you surprised that it is not locked?

I don't know. Irako looked like she was really considering locking it for a while.

Indeed, but it shows that she has a lot of integrity that she did not lock it.

I'm not going to really blame her, though. It's easy to get caught up in arguments/discussions.

Oh, and if classical-esque bands count, I recommend The Clockwork Dolls and Tin Hat Trio (well, jazz, but it's close enough) to everybody.

Aye, to that. Especially when someone is straight up telling you that you are incorrect.

And those ones have nothing on Ekseption and Sky. cool (They're still great, though).

Listening now. Liking it so far.

Ekseption is pretty good all around, while people seem to have problems with Sky beyond Sky 2. I don't get that, to be honest.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 pm
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop

I'm not going to really blame her, though. It's easy to get caught up in arguments/discussions.

Oh, and if classical-esque bands count, I recommend The Clockwork Dolls and Tin Hat Trio (well, jazz, but it's close enough) to everybody.

Aye, to that. Especially when someone is straight up telling you that you are incorrect.

And those ones have nothing on Ekseption and Sky. cool (They're still great, though).

Ekseption is pretty good all around, while people seem to have problems with Sky beyond Sky 2. I don't get that, to be honest.

Listened to Another History and On Sunday They Will Kill the World, and both were pretty damn good. I'll try Sky in a second.  

Duchess Says

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:57 pm
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop

Listened to Another History and On Sunday They Will Kill the World, and both were pretty damn good. I'll try Sky in a second.

Ekseption's got the talent.

Though there are few bands with the same talent as Sky. "Tocatta" is their most famous song.

"Vivaldi" is another, the related videos have some other songs of theirs. The quality of this one is terrible...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop

Though there are few bands with the same talent as Sky. "Tocatta" is their most famous song.

"Vivaldi" is another, the related videos have some other songs of theirs. The quality of this one is terrible...

Listened to Gavotte and Variations, and it was pretty okay. Nothing I'd like to listen to for too long.

I prefer Toccata on an organ, but this is a pretty good version too.  

Duchess Says

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop

Listened to Gavotte and Variations, and it was pretty okay. Nothing I'd like to listen to for too long.

That's the best version of Jean-Phillipe Rameau's "Gavotte & Variations" I've head as of yet, it's straight off of the original sheet music with a slight increase in tempo.

As do most people in Western civilization, 'cause the first several bars of that song have been heard by just about everyone in the Westernized world. lol

Oh, and Ekseption has their "Toccata", too. lol  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop

That's the best version of Jean-Phillipe Rameau's "Gavotte & Variations" I've head as of yet, it's straight off of the original sheet music with a slight increase in tempo.

As do most people in Western civilization, 'cause the first several bars of that song have been heard by just about everyone in the Westernized world. lol

Of course. About everybody has played that song at some point. I've played it in concert band myself, actually.

And I'm actually really liking this version so far. The trumpets and rock organ really add to it.  

Duchess Says

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 pm
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
Rape of Lucretia
Sir Sebastian Codswallop

Of course. About everybody has played that song at some point. I've played it in concert band myself, actually.

And I'm actually really liking this version so far. The trumpets and rock organ really add to it.

I even have it for solo guitar. lol

And yeah, it's a lot more Jazzed up than I remember, but it's very well done.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:19 am
I am enjoying Sky. Thanks for bringing them up! I'd never heard of them before, but I now have another artist to add to the list!  

Saga Shadow
Crew

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 am
Hal here seems to introduce everybody he knows to Sky. Great band they are, that's for sure.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:00 pm
Sir Sebastian Codswallop

I have to mention, even though you try to save your a** by saying "...not to say Rap or R&B aren't real music..." you still kind of make an a** of yourself. That kind of opinion can be easily left out of this discussion and you would be wise to do so.

I don't appreciate the way you phrased that. I wasn't trying to "save my a**" from anything. That was my honest take on it. Also, considering the fact that sharing and discussing opinions is what forums are for, I see no reason why I should censor my own thoughts for people like you. I'm sorry if you're offended by my opinion or if you simply don't agree, but that by no means gives you right to tell me whether or not I am allowed to speak my mind.

I also feel the need to note that I do actually enjoy some rap, and a very small amount of R&B. I never said I had anything against either, I just commented that it would be nice if people would consider listening more to other music genres as well.  

Natural Melody

Natural Melody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:08 pm
Sir Sebastian Codswallop

And I told you guys how to fix it, KEEP RAP AND OTHER GENRES OUT OF DISCUSSIONS ABOUT CLASSICAL MUSICS. THEY DO NOT BELONG HERE. It wasn't even a roundabout way to tell them, I said that they would be wise to leave them out. It's true, I don't like seeing people making an a** out of themselves.

I fail to see your point, given the fact that as it was necessary to bring them into my post about classical in order to express my complete thought, there is no issue. When necessary, one can discuss an outside genre if it helps them express their entire point. Get over yourself and learn to be open-minded.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:36 pm
You really didn't help your case with all that. neutral  

Sir Sebastian Codswallop

Saga Shadow
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:37 pm
Sir Sebastian Codswallop
You really didn't help your case with all that. neutral

agreed. moving on  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:42 pm
This is interesting.  

The Music Forum

Duchess Says

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:57 pm
OH!

Completely forgot Estradasphere. Not really classical, but they have that vibe about them.  
♪ Classical, Orchestral, Chamber, and Soundtracks

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff