Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
the turds of the gaming industry. 2d vs 3d, (not vs thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:19 am
2D and 3D are equally good. The quality of the game is solely dependent on the developer, and Nintendo's obviously competent at both.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:20 am
Waynebrizzle
2D and 3D are equally good. The quality of the game is solely dependent on the developer, and Nintendo's obviously competent at both.
And I like that they can now both co-exist.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Orphie
Satrevi
I have never thought much of what N64 has called 3D.

good thing nintendo sucks at making good 3D games

Except for those ones, like Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

It's not like a couple of those were some of the most critically acclaimed games of all time.

Ever.
Some nintendo 3d games for n64 were good, i always enjoyed gauntlet legends, thats a classic in my book  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:32 pm
Allegro
Satrevi
I disagree since there were 3d differences worth noting when compared to the old SNES version. Granted, there could have been more differences and some parts could definitely have been improved on.

I have never thought much of what N64 has called 3D.

Here is one popular game I would not have minded seeing with less graphics. Gears of War. You play through what isn't that many levels. Then that's it. The game is over so freaking soon! I would gladly settle for lower graphics if it means longer more involved game play with games that end that quickly.

With the technology they had? Unlikely. You may not recall, but reviewers orgasmed for 40 days and nights over how visceral the gameplay felt because of the graphical increase.

As per the unrelated debate of Diddy Kong V May-rio Kart 64, which you used to try to prove a point about....something, I can't quite be sure what, I gotta say that they were equally entertaining in both ways. I can personally say that while Mario Kart was a tight Kart racer, DKR kept me entertained for WAY longer. The Ice Castle in battle Mode saw many an hour of playtime in my household, long after even Smash Bros had run its course.
super smash brothers can be kind of fun, i just dont really like fighting games that much unless its like contra or beat em ups.  

Satrevi

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:34 pm
Meta_Fish
You are trying so hard to seem retro so you can be labeled as cool that you fall on your face. Go to a coffee shop with your "Know Your Roots" t-shirt and talk to your hipster friends about how great the "regular nintendo" was and how new games suck and blah blah blah because you don't really seem to know anything about anything but you act like you do.

Quote:
Here is one popular game I would not have minded seeing with less graphics.
Dude, wth? I'm just trying to have a civil conversation. My first system was the NES when i was 6 and i am 24 now. I think that qualifies as retro. I'm a scatterbrain who doesnt always know where im going when i talk. I go off on tangents all the time which confuses people, i know this. its just how i am.

It's no reason for you to talk trash just because i have a differing opinion. This is the internet. You will find differing opinions to yours.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:20 pm
The Zelda games were re-skinned versions of Mario 64. The moves were just about all that changed. They modified the camera controls so you couldn't pan any longer, but you still have to recenter. All they did was add in Zelda gameplay elements and remove the world hub concept.(Though there were still transition points.)  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:40 pm
Satrevi
super smash brothers can be kind of fun, i just dont really like fighting games that much unless its like contra or beat em ups.

And this is why nobody takes your "Retro street cred" seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:52 pm
User Image
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:59 pm
Satrevi
Meta_Fish
You are trying so hard to seem retro so you can be labeled as cool that you fall on your face. Go to a coffee shop with your "Know Your Roots" t-shirt and talk to your hipster friends about how great the "regular nintendo" was and how new games suck and blah blah blah because you don't really seem to know anything about anything but you act like you do.

Quote:
Dude, wth? I'm just trying to have a civil conversation. My first system was the NES when i was 6 and i am 24 now. I think that qualifies as retro. I'm a scatterbrain who doesnt always know where im going when i talk. I go off on tangents all the time which confuses people, i know this. its just how i am.

It's no reason for you to talk trash just because i have a differing opinion. This is the internet. You will find differing opinions to yours.
It bothers me when people act a certain way to fit into a label to seem cool. It's worse when you don't know anything in the first place.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:06 pm
xd  

otawara

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 pm
A) I 100% agree with what Fish said.
B) Who the ******** are you?
C) gtfo our cult.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 pm
Allegro
Satrevi

So because I like a different style of game and i'm honest about my opinions. That's a bad thing? Well, I could give you some credit for coming up with your own joke. Well, nope, sorry I guess not.  

Satrevi

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:26 pm
Meta_Fish
Satrevi
Meta_Fish

Quote:

It bothers me when people act a certain way to fit into a label to seem cool. It's worse when you don't know anything in the first place.
First off, i'm not acting. Second off, you're an idiot if you think you can get an honest look at a person from just a few days if internet posts.

Seriously, stop being a douchebag. I'm trying to have a simple conversation while you're trying to put me into a category when you've never even met me. Real mature there buddy.

So, am I supposed to apologize for being different than you? Is that it? Because it's sure how you're acting. Maybe if you be a jerk to some more people on the internet than you'll feel better about yourself huh?

Stop, being, A d**k. I am not trying to fit into any label nor am I trying to look cool. I do not give a rat's a** what anyone here thinks of me as a person. I came here to discuss a hobby I happen to enjoy.

I don't care if you are the guild leader or not. You are being a jerk. Just because you own the place doesn't give you right to be a jerk. So, if this is how you act and this is the type of people you like to have in your guild.

Well, not everyone in this guild is bad. Lady Psycho Sexy, you're alright. everyone else I never got a feel for. And some of you are just dicks. Who don't realize how rude you're acting.

But at the end of the day. I am still going to be happy with myself. Sure, a few of you will probably make snide remarks thinking to yourself how you got me...

All you really accomplished is helping me realize there are some insignificant jerks here. Good job! biggrin Wonderful discrimination and display of mob mentality! I don't need to talk to you people or read what you have to say if you're just going to be a jerk.

Oh, and for those of you who actually have the attention span to have read all the way down to here. Thank you if you are one of the cool mature people who don't care about a differing opinion. If you are one of the jerks, then I just wasted five minutes of your life you'll never get back.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:43 pm
The chick PMed me; she left. I'm surprised and appalled by some of the things you guys said to her, but it's par for the course for others, so I can't say I really expected anything different.

Satrevi
I liked talking to you, and some people in the guild were really cool. but you sure got a guild with some jerks in there. I'm leaving the guild, ******** that.

I wanted some civil convo but i guess they didn't. But if yo ever want to talk feel free to contact me. you're alright.

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say prominent figures' behavior reflects on the entire guild. You wonder why the numbers are dwindling, and then you chase off friendly new recruits because they have less experience than you, or an attitude you look down on? If that's not elitism I don't know what is.

I'm certainly not the best person to be up on this soapbox, but if I had behaved like any of you guys, I'd be pretty ashamed of myself right now. :/  

Cabron the Swan

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:51 pm
Satrevi
Allegro
Satrevi

So because I like a different style of game and i'm honest about my opinions. That's a bad thing? Well, I could give you some credit for coming up with your own joke. Well, nope, sorry I guess not.
The joke is that you don't seem to know what those games are and/or what you are talking about.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff