Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
What do you think of a girl in a heavy metal band? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukah, whatever holiday you celebrate, just take the gold.
  Thanks!!
  You left out my holiday. *tear*
View Results

popiouiuyuio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:48 am
No difference. biggrin As long as your music is good, who cares?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:14 pm
you know what you sound like. not us, if you think you can pull it off, go for it. if you have doubts then you'll need to be very dedicated to bring yourself up in skill  

Kaio-Leucitius

Dorijael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:35 pm
many bands prefer to have a woman as the vocalist, they just sound better.
if they they're not singers, they shoudent look girlie, thats all  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:26 pm
Actually, I prefer girls as the lead in a rock or heavy metal band...Otherwise the guys go a little too overboard with screaming.  

Aryana_99

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:17 pm
listen to alot of female vocalists, get as much influence as you can so that you know the different possibilities.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:16 pm
I think the fact its a girl only brings a few different challenges, is all
but yeah
chicks can totally own metal
((like everyone has already said: arch enemy))  

Madame Catastrophe

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:58 pm
if anything you'll get the "i like this band cuz their singer is a girl" thing going for you lol  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:11 am
well, my problem with female vocalists isn't on their sound but how they all seem to sound the same. quite irritating really. just look at pop music, when everyone sounds the same there is no creativity hence nothing worth listening to. Now as far as female metal vocalists i've seen some more obscure metal bands do songs with a female vocal and do an okay job, sirenia and tristania are alright with their female vocalists, that metal band kitty i don't like how they do their voices, but i'll tell you who is the ******** queen of female metal vocalization! Angela gosou of Arch Enemy. She, is just kick a**.  

Satrevi

ShiKu13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 pm
oh..... i'm in a metal band and i'm a girl..... it's just that i play bass/ keyboard.... so yaaaaa..... would that count...... but i don't think it's wierd at all.....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:50 pm
I think a girl in a heavy metal band is great. I mean you are able to do alot of difficult screaming styles where as some guys have trouble doing some of them i think its great XD  

Keltic_clover

rory87

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:17 pm
it's awesome with chicks in heavy metal-bands and they are often quite successful, for example we got band like Arch Enemy, Lacuna Coil, Evanescence, Sonic Syndicate, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Sirenia, Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Autumn and finally Flyleaf. So there is alot of heavy bands with a female in the band. Btw the chick in Sonic Syndicate doesn't sing, she play the bas.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:18 pm
Teh Rock
I'm in one. I'm just curious to see what people think of girls in heavy metal bands.

I don't think there are enough girls in heavy metal. More power to you if it works out. For a very long time I have been trying to organize a band. I can play bass, drums(double bass and consistency issues), I can sing(and scream well enough), and I can play piano. I write my own stuff and have decent music theory skills. Yet I can't find many other people that can. Not to mention if they could, they are flaky and unreliable, and not dedicated.

~
YuzoraRyuu  

YuzoraRyuu

user_n_a_m_e

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:06 pm
I'm a girl in a heavy metal band... an all girls' heavy metal band to be exact... well at least I WAS before our drummer decided to loose her brain and move in with her boyfriend whom we told her is cheating on her but she wont beleive us... and then she went down hill since then..... *sigh* emo and despite the fact that I'm slightly mad at her... since she kinda was almost like a sister before all that... I still hope some miracle happens and she realizes where she's going and stops... its gotten to a point we all tried to help her...but nothing will work unless she wants to help herself...

and then one of our guitarist's older brothers decided to friggen STALK me... which I was never aware of...till my father saw him in our yard...while I WAS TAKING A SHOWER!?!?!? and so ya...my parents went burning_eyes *explode* and I got out and was like OMGWTF?!?!?! DUDE! YOU REALIZE YOU JUST RUINED MY LIFE!?!?!? so ya...even though its not my friend's fault she has a retarded brother... we're all punished for it... grrgh...

anyways I hate it when people dont beleive in girls being in heavy metal... its so friggen ridiculous... its just the women's rights movement all over again...I mean no matter HOW MANY WOMEN CARVE THE PATH FOR US...we're still undermined again...
SO I SAY GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!!

and I shall PRAY that you have better luck than I have...
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:53 pm
girl singers in metal band are pretty good if you can do it. and if you can i give you an applause. and chick's in heavy metal bands keep it from being a sausage fest.  

i_am_sonic

Old Fashion Cliche

Handsome Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:10 pm
popiouiuyuio
No difference. biggrin As long as your music is good, who cares?

ditto  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces