Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Monster Hunter Tri~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you hunt
  Sword and Shield: Jack of all trades. Defense, mobility, light raw slashing damage with good elemental and status damage
  Lance: Defensive wall. The lance's shield is almost impregnable, and while raw damage is light, you can get in lots of pokes and keep your shield up. Good elemental damage
  Longsword: Offense only. Fast chaining combo swings, good raw power, good elemental power. Be ready to resharpen
  Greatsword: Offense and defense, low mobility. Incredible crushing and slashing power, can block. big, slow, and devastating. Charge attack is deadly powerful
  Hammer: Offense and mobility. Short reach, high power. Besides greatswords has some of the best raw power of all weapon types. Aim for the head.
  Switch Axe: Speed and power when you need them. Just switch from an axe to a sword depending on the situation. Elemental discharge to rip through monsters.
  Bowgun: The bigger the gun the more powerful the ammo fired, but larger weapons have less mobility. Stay back and let the blademasters take the front lines.
  Gunlance, Dual Swords, Hunting Horn, Bow: My weapon was taken from me. Damn you Capcom!
  Undecided: Still have to get comfortable with everything? That's fine. There will be hunters to back you up online.
View Results

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:59 pm
Are Gold, Silver, Azure and Pink even coming back?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:45 pm
I'm trying to get into the spirit by playing MHF2. I've had that game for so long, but never played it because I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

I'm still having trouble.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:30 pm
Trenn Flashkill
I'm trying to get into the spirit by playing MHF2. I've had that game for so long, but never played it because I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

I'm still having trouble.
Make sure to do gathering missions and stock up on honey to mix mega potions with. Being prepared is usually more useful than being skilled. If you can flash bomb a wyvern and stun it, keep it trapped and poisoned, it will be easier than trying to take it with just your weapon.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 pm
Noted.

Can't wait to get Tri and play online. Gunna be relying on you fools to basically carry me through a few monsters. BTW why did they get rid of so many weapon types? I think I'm gunna miss dual swords.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:58 pm
Owwin
Are Gold, Silver, Azure and Pink even coming back?

Why wouldn't they? It would be kinda lame without any monster variations.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:06 pm
Trenn Flashkill
Noted.

Can't wait to get Tri and play online. Gunna be relying on you fools to basically carry me through a few monsters. BTW why did they get rid of so many weapon types? I think I'm gunna miss dual swords.
That is a really good question. They really dropped the ball on that one.

@ Haru. Good point. If they don't have variations there will only be a handfull of monsters.  

Owwin

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 pm
Owwin
Trenn Flashkill
Noted.

@ Haru. Good point. If they don't have variations there will only be a handfull of monsters.

Water mechanics. You wouldn't be able to use them in the water. Gunlance/Hunting Horn require dryness, or air. Dual Swords would be in the way while swimming.

They left in the lances though. D<

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 pm
Harupiggy
Owwin
Trenn Flashkill
Noted.

Water mechanics. You wouldn't be able to use them in the water. Gunlance/Hunting Horn require dryness, or air. Dual Swords would be in the way while swimming.

I don't buy that at all. All these weapons are impractical in every situation anyway. I want underwater dual swords.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:36 pm
Trenn Flashkill begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Harupiggy
Owwin
Trenn Flashkill
Noted.

I don't buy that at all. All these weapons are impractical in every situation anyway. I want underwater dual swords.
they we're basically the OP dps weapon, but still they could have just weakend them a bit. i've never even got to use them. and the demo didn't have an underwater mission...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:07 am
Xilo The Odd
Trenn Flashkill begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Harupiggy
Owwin
Trenn Flashkill
Noted.

they we're basically the OP dps weapon, but still they could have just weakend them a bit. i've never even got to use them. and the demo didn't have an underwater mission...

Xilo, I'm not sure if you've used any of these weapons, but the way they were used would make it, maybe not impossible, but impractical.

The Hunting horn was used by swinging it around. There was also the whole playing the Horn part. You could be done out of the water. Don't see why these were taking out especially if you're including online.

The Dual Swards required you to be right next to the enemy and the ability to pull of combos was the whole point of these weapons. Not to mention that the whole Demonic Dance would be useless if the monster could just swim away.

Gunlance had you standing pretty much right in front of the enemy and just stab away. Almost all the good stuff had to be done while blocking. I'm not sure of the water mechanics in MH3, but I don't think Gunlance would have done well.

I wish they could've just made the weapons unusable in maps where the monster was water based. >.> Could've kept them.

I don't actually see the point in taking the out. I'm just saying, these weapons would be a pain in the a** to work in the water. Maybe the coding would've taken to long to make the weapons work under water? o.o

Trenn, I honestly don't think the duals would've working under the water. Dodging is really important, right? Swimming would've made just trying to dodge a pain in the a**.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Milk Laggeh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:10 pm
I think they should bring the variations back, but not banking on them keeping the game fun and interesting in the higher rank missions. (2nd G).

That's why I lost interest, because instead of fighting a bunch of new monsters, and coming up with new strats, you fought different colored variations of the originals, over, and over, and over again, and It got old. They just hit harder, sometimes have a new attack.

Made me really upset, cause I loved MH, just couldn't bring myself to play it when it got to that point.

Still getting Tri though.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:03 am
I'm going to miss dual swords. And after looking at the wiki I'm pissed: " However, they will reappear in Monster Hunter Freedom 3." (The Monster Hunter Wiki)

Back to sword and shield I guess. Played the demo hate to say it but it took me 12 min to do the first mission; I was still trying to learn the controls as well. sweatdrop  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:12 pm
no i havn't played any of the previous MH games, i've watched my friends, and listen to their opinions. in the hand of a weathered player dual swords can take down just about anything with enough skill, i've watched em use em and they seem OP. i havn't seen any of em use the hunting horn or the others.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:21 pm
Xilo The Odd
no i havn't played any of the previous MH games, i've watched my friends, and listen to their opinions. in the hand of a weathered player dual swords can take down just about anything with enough skill, i've watched em use em and they seem OP. i havn't seen any of em use the hunting horn or the others.

-nod- Yeah, their a b***h to use in the Elder Dragon fights. xD

Well, I'm really only peeved about the Hunting Horn since I like to support others in online games, and it would have been perfect. I mean, I'll have to rely on Armor and Gems to help out now. -_- Or I could be a gunner.

Yeah, Owwin, I can be a gunner if you ever need one. :3

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:37 am
Holy s**t.

Definitely getting this ASAP now. I wish the demo had included the tundra instead.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff