Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply Pokémon Defenders
Share your current HGSS adventure with me! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bulbasauur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:40 am
also wouldnt you want to take your time with the game instead of powering through it?

i've waited what, like a year for this game? I'll take my time with it, haha  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:24 am
Bulbasauur
are you not in school?
I'm in college, this is spring break for my school lol  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:04 pm
Fiery Tiamat
just put it in your mouth
got the game.
stayed up 2 days on cold coffee and jolt gum.
beat the game.
You said THREE days when you posted earlier...

So he did. ಠ_ಠ

Just, if you're trying to impress us, I don't think anyone cares that you marathon'd the game.

Anyway, so the day after yesterday, I caught Ho-Oh. Funny thing is, I was just going to chuck my Master Ball at it and call it a day, since I have a cache of Master Balls in Diamond that I can take from if I need more. But I really, really, really love Ho-Oh's battle music, so I decided that I would kill some time by whittling down his HP, so I could listen to the music. Well, I got him paralyzed and with just a sliver of HP left. The song still wasn't over, so I decide to start chucking Ultra Balls at him, because he's just going to bust out of all 30something I have like every other legendary ever.

I chuck the first Ultra Ball at him. He breaks out immediately. Whatevs. I chuck the second Ultra Ball at him. It shakes once. Twice. Three times. DING! Holy s**t, I just caught Ho-Oh on the second Ultra Ball of my first try.

And then I spent the rest of the day/evening level grinding to 50. Then I took on the E4 and coasted through. OHKO/2HKO'd most of their Pokémon. Karen keeps her strong Pokémon, weak Pokémon speech. heart

And then yesterday I puttered around Kanto all day. I love how I can choose to get the Badges in whatever the hell order I want. I totally skipped Sabrina to go fix the Power Plant. Surge's Gym puzzle is simple, but annoying as hell. And the wild Pokémon encounter music and the Trainer/Gymleader battle music is different! They remixed it and, well, when I had my first wild encounter in Kanto proper, I thought I had stumbled upon a roaming legendary, and was very confused, because there were no roaming legendaries in Kanto yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:22 pm
Damn. You guys are quick. Rofl. I'm trying to evolve my Eevee into Espeon, but he's past level 15 so he wont have any useful moves when he evolves until like 39 rofl. Should I spend a TM for an ingame pokemon? I probably should... Heracross is a fukin' beast ingame.

I only have 3 badges. Lmao. I'm taking my time with this game.  

Bulbasauur

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:36 pm
Completely on topic music...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:24 pm
Bulbasauur >> I hear ya there. I'm at the 4th gym, my team in the 21-26 area.
For once I'm not gonna rush my way through a game and yay for Espeon.~ I love my Eevee but he's going to be so awesome when he's an Espeon.

Tsume_Azuna

Bulbasauur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:39 pm
Espeon looks so adorable following me.

Can I possibly buy a TM from someone? like with gaia gold?

If that's not allowed, I have a Heracross and a Togepi sitting in my PC...

I wish to make my espeon not useless.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:33 pm
Getting an Adamant Synchro Abra
And a False Swipe Technician Syther

So I can catch the crap outta that Red Gyarados

Current team

Zinna Lv 26 Flaffy
Cacambro Lv 26 Slowpoke (it's from Candide)
Spike Lv 25 Nidoking
Harrison Lv 25 Raticate
MuuKow Lv 25 Murkrow
Oggzford Lv 26 Gloom (I was reading the Great Gatsby when I caught this oddish, and all I could remember was how Meyer Wolfshime said Oxford incorrectly.)  

melikefood

Dragon Queen Tiamat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:30 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Anyway, so the day after yesterday, I caught Ho-Oh. Funny thing is, I was just going to chuck my Master Ball at it and call it a day, since I have a cache of Master Balls in Diamond that I can take from if I need more. But I really, really, really love Ho-Oh's battle music, so I decided that I would kill some time by whittling down his HP, so I could listen to the music. Well, I got him paralyzed and with just a sliver of HP left. The song still wasn't over, so I decide to start chucking Ultra Balls at him, because he's just going to bust out of all 30something I have like every other legendary ever.

I chuck the first Ultra Ball at him. He breaks out immediately. Whatevs. I chuck the second Ultra Ball at him. It shakes once. Twice. Three times. DING! Holy s**t, I just caught Ho-Oh on the second Ultra Ball of my first try.

And then I spent the rest of the day/evening level grinding to 50. Then I took on the E4 and coasted through. OHKO/2HKO'd most of their Pokémon. Karen keeps her strong Pokémon, weak Pokémon speech. heart

And then yesterday I puttered around Kanto all day. I love how I can choose to get the Badges in whatever the hell order I want. I totally skipped Sabrina to go fix the Power Plant. Surge's Gym puzzle is simple, but annoying as hell. And the wild Pokémon encounter music and the Trainer/Gymleader battle music is different! They remixed it and, well, when I had my first wild encounter in Kanto proper, I thought I had stumbled upon a roaming legendary, and was very confused, because there were no roaming legendaries in Kanto yet.
It's funny when stuff like that happens. One day, you can spend all day trying to catch a legendary, and the next, it takes you 5 minutes.... One time I caught Mewtwo on my second try, with a Great ball and its health was in the orange. No status effect. I've never been that lucky since.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:15 am
Bulbasauur
Espeon looks so adorable following me.

Can I possibly buy a TM from someone? like with gaia gold?

If that's not allowed, I have a Heracross and a Togepi sitting in my PC...

I wish to make my espeon not useless.

I would be careful about trading gold for stuff like that. I really can't say if it's allowed or not but I have found Gaia is really weird about stuff like that. My boyfriend actually got banned for offering a service of translating things for someone in exchange for Gaia gold, with no warning. They really don't make these things clear in the TOS so it's kind of an at your own risk thing. Just letting you know since I see a lot of unfair stuff like that happen to people.

Anyway, you all are fast. I'm still at the second gym. Then again, I don't enjoy rushing through games too fast and I'm also busy with college and my job. I went one whole day without playing at all because I was working on stuff for my job, and now I've got an assignment for school I have to finish.
gonk And my boyfriend doesn't want to wait for me to catch up to him, and he has all the time in the world not working or going to school.  

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Tsume_Azuna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:32 pm
Everyone >> Update time! I just finished battling everyone in the Lighthouse, now I'm doing level grinding to get everyone in my team up to 30 before surfing over to Cianwood.
Morty was annoying... Only reason I beat him on my first try is because Absol saved my a**.

Bulbasauur >> After you beat Morty he gives you Shadow Ball, you could always teach that to your Eevee.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:44 pm
@Shippo: Oh man, as soon as the Japanese version hit a few months ago, someone put that up on YouTube and I spent an entire day just listening to it, and Lugia's theme, over and over and over again. I've never really been a fan of in-game music (there are a few I like, like Snowpoint City's, but in the end it all just sounds the same to me), but I just absolutely love love love Ho-Oh's theme. heart

@Re: Espeon: That's why I kept my Eevee in the first slot so he'd follow me around and when I was training in that patch of grass right before where Sudowoodo is, I'd take the long way around (through the National Park) back to Goldenrod, since he'd gain a bunch of happiness. And then when he evolved, I taught him Return.

@Bulba: To clarify what Vicki said, as far as I know, it is a perma-bannable offense to offer or seek off-Gaia/IRL things or services in exchange for Gaia gold or items. So TMs for gold could, and probably would, get you banned if a Gaia mod saw.

@Tia: Isn't it? Giratina in Platinum was suuuuch a pain to catch, and I figured Ho-Oh would be too. But nope! Silly bird. I think that's been my best legendary catch yet, though.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Bulbasauur

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:50 pm
Thank you. I taught Shadow ball to Espeon, that'll work for now. Please ignore the offer above. Woo-hoo. I caught a Chinchou. : )

My current team:

Quilava lv 30
Noctowl lv 28
Heracross lv 28
Espeon lv 28
Chinchou lv 23

I too am going to try and get then all to at least level 32 before I move on. Maybe catch a Steelix and power level the s**t out of all of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:51 pm
i just bought the game haha XD
tododile is lvl 9, i'm gonna train him before i speak to mr.pokemon, cuz if i remember correctly, on my way back, the poketheif runs into me and battles me XD  

Esanx

Perfect Hero

19,825 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Tsume_Azuna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:48 pm
Quick question: Anyone know where I can get a Fire Stone for my Growlithe?

Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff