Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Pokémon 5th Gen: What do you wanna see? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you read the whole list?
  Yup, all of it.
  Most of it; I skimmed.
  No, I'm just gonna gripe and possibly repeat something that's been said.
View Results

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:00 pm
8Bit Jack
Ugh. Anyone who still wants a console game must have never played the Colosseum games. Besides, the games are designed to be portable. It feels silly to root yourself to a home console with it.

I've actually heard of the Colosseum games, but the gamestores where I live hardly ever have either of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:17 pm
The Awkwardest Turtle
CherubiMaster

-Faster battle animations, I know they have actually sped them up, but they need just a little more speed. In takes me a minute to beat two Lv. 50's with my Lv. 100 Gengar.

You can turn them off if it bothers you that much, you know.

I would vote for the opposite actually, I would prefer more detailed and longer animations. But perhaps a compromise would be best, I know some games that have long or repetitive animations allow you to skip them easily by pressing a button. This would probably be the best solution, since you can enjoy the full-length animations when you first use an attack or you're not in any hurry, yet skip them if they get boring or you need to finish a battle quickly.

Of course this solution is but my opinion, not a definitive best, and there may be other approaches that I might not have considered, and may prove more practical.  

Master_Glink

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 pm
The Colosseum games weren't really styled like the main series.

People probably would have complained if they were.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:25 pm
[Kegan]
The Colosseum games weren't really styled like the main series.

People probably would have complained if they were.

Main character of Colosseum looks badass.  

Sir Codin

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:34 pm
I'm not too into the Yu-gi-oh type.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:43 pm
Lord of Armageddon
digi734
Lord of Armageddon
digi734
Lord of Armageddon
- Character creation (appearance, age, sex, etc)
- Trainer classes and benefits/balances given to your team depending on which class you pick.
- Fire/Water-type (Maybe steam based?)
- Pure Flying-type. (Just want one there)
- Better Steel-type moves.
- At least two regions in the game, maybe three
- Moar hot female Gym Leaders
- Make it a console game, or even an MMO (Perhaps not MMO, but I'd be pretty curious to see how it would turn out.)
- Multiple save slots. Seriously Gamefreak, it needs to happen.
- Evolution for Sharpedo (based on Carcharodon Megalodon twisted BAD-a**)
- Slightly Darker & Edgier plots. DPP were a good start, what with terrorist organizations and all. Keep it up; the time for kiddy-s**t is over.
That, and add the ability to cross-breed pokemon of the same egg groups to get some epic mutations. Can anyone see a Mahcamp/Magmar cross?

I ACTIVATE THE SPELL CARD "POLYMERIZATION!"

Say hello to MAGCHAMP!!
WAIT WAIT WAIT HOW ABOUT BRELIDOKING OR HITMONBUZZ!

Breed Arceus to any other and we get...JESUS.
Arceus + Salamence = Raptor Jesus

I like the direction that things are headed too. With each game they add something new/redone. I found the minigames that they added to be nice too. I feel that some Pokemon just stopped, a lot of them need preevolutions or just an evolution. Mr. Mime, Pinsir, Sabeleye, Dunsparce, etc. Also, definitely some character customization. Hats would be a simple and suitable thing, much like the ones in Alien Hominid. BE ABLE TO ******** DELETE HM MOVES ON SPOT. HM whores are annoying and pointless. (I'm looking at you Bibarel) I also think having all the regions would an awesome pokemon game make, but there would have to be something done with the Level Cap to do that.

And for any Console system, make a Tales of Symphonia-esque game with Pokemon. It could be blended together really well and Symphonia was one of the best games for the GC.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:25 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Lord of Armageddon
digi734
Lord of Armageddon
digi734
Lord of Armageddon
- Character creation (appearance, age, sex, etc)
- Trainer classes and benefits/balances given to your team depending on which class you pick.
- Fire/Water-type (Maybe steam based?)
- Pure Flying-type. (Just want one there)
- Better Steel-type moves.
- At least two regions in the game, maybe three
- Moar hot female Gym Leaders
- Make it a console game, or even an MMO (Perhaps not MMO, but I'd be pretty curious to see how it would turn out.)
- Multiple save slots. Seriously Gamefreak, it needs to happen.
- Evolution for Sharpedo (based on Carcharodon Megalodon twisted BAD-a**)
- Slightly Darker & Edgier plots. DPP were a good start, what with terrorist organizations and all. Keep it up; the time for kiddy-s**t is over.
That, and add the ability to cross-breed pokemon of the same egg groups to get some epic mutations. Can anyone see a Mahcamp/Magmar cross?

I ACTIVATE THE SPELL CARD "POLYMERIZATION!"

Say hello to MAGCHAMP!!
WAIT WAIT WAIT HOW ABOUT BRELIDOKING OR HITMONBUZZ!

Breed Arceus to any other and we get...JESUS.
Arceus + Salamence = Raptor Jesus

I like the direction that things are headed too. With each game they add something new/redone. I found the minigames that they added to be nice too. I feel that some Pokemon just stopped, a lot of them need preevolutions or just an evolution. Mr. Mime, Pinsir, Sabeleye, Dunsparce, etc. Also, definitely some character customization. Hats would be a simple and suitable thing, much like the ones in Alien Hominid. BE ABLE TO ******** DELETE HM MOVES ON SPOT. HM whores are annoying and pointless. (I'm looking at you Bibarel) I also think having all the regions would an awesome pokemon game make, but there would have to be something done with the Level Cap to do that.

And for any Console system, make a Tales of Symphonia-esque game with Pokemon. It could be blended together really well and Symphonia was one of the best games for the GC.

If such a thing were to happen, I know which move I'd register for the Down+B slot in Pikachu's case.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:55 pm
I just thought of the best idea.

Get rid of ******** EV s**t.

...and beat up the retard who thought that was a good idea.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:18 am
Regulust
I just thought of the best idea.

Get rid of ******** EV s**t.

...and beat up the retard who thought that was a good idea.
NO. evil  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:48 am
But the EV stuff is seriously the stupidest thing ever put into pokemon.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:18 am
Regulust
But the EV stuff is seriously the stupidest thing ever put into pokemon.
It was a good system until people discovered it. It was just something to cause Pokémon to grow in unique and varied ways so that they were more individualized. I'm a perfectionist, so I give a s**t about the system, but I still appreciate it for what they intended.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:23 am
Gotta agree with Jack there. Every pokemon would have pretty much the same stat growth. Instead of EV training a pokemon with okay IVs and trading it for what you want, you would have to breed a perfect one.

Anybody who has tried to breed for good IVs good natures, a shiny, or a specific gender (******** combees) knows that breeding is 1000x more tedious and sucky than EV training. All you gotta do to EV train special attack in Diamond Pearl is go to the turnback cave and beat up haunters. It isn't hard, it isn't any more tedious than regular grinding. It is hard to get people to trade you stuff if you don't EV train too. They all want Celebi and mew for their ******** shellder.  

Owwin

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:30 am
Owwin
It is hard to get people to trade you stuff if you don't EV train too. They all want Celebi and mew for their ******** shellder.

Man, ******** the GTS. ******** it hard. I want to beat the crap out of every one of those little shits. The only way I got an international trade was by posting a Bellsprout and asking for a Caterpie.

Edit: To be fair, that sort of thing was bound to happen with how many young kids play it. They need to make far, FAR better search filters.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 am
yeah I know, I gave up on it being a balanced trade the first day I tried it... its like they want something for nothing... I dont mind an even trade... or a slightly unbalanced one but like a mew for a rat-tata... plz stare

I agree a filter would be nice or perhaps they should rank the pokemon... there are regulars and legendaries but maybe split the regs up... or have some sort of restrictions so people cant post up ridiculous trades like that

I wouldnt mind more baby pre-evolutions or perhaps some evolutions for older pokemon that have none... Im sure they can get at least one...

I wonder what sort of silly prefix they will give the old GBA ruby (forget what the other carts name is) game and the ds diamond and pearl ones in the near future when they release a new handheld... since we all know it will eventually happen...

Reesa

Magic Lover

15,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:22 am
Magma Ruby and Aqua Sapphire, lololol.

Srsly, tho, I really hope they don't remake them. I will feel so needlessly old.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff