Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avatar: New Age of the Four Nations

Back to Guilds

An Avatar: The Last Airbender role-playing guild for AVATARDS! 

Tags: Avatar, Airbending, Firebending, Waterbending, Earthbending 

Reply Fire Nation
Fire Fountain City Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RamboTiger

Friendly Tycoon

8,700 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:06 pm
User Image

Blade Fong

Blade hoped down and entered the restaurant and looked around, acting like a simple fire nation citizen. He sat down at a table not far from Hogosya; he ordered tea and looked around. When his tea came to him he began to drink it.

User Image

Lee Ten

Lee finished his noodels then ordered some more, eating them slowly as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 pm
User Image

"There are no 'bad guys'. We are merely humans. Some of us want power, and will go to extreme lengths to get it. Some start out with good intentions. But as time changes, those intentions foul and turn wicked." Maiyu said crisply, before daintily slurping up a mouthful of noodles, and making a face. They had an...interesting taste. Much rougher and heavier than anything she would ever have eaten at home, but that did not make it a bad taste. Just...different. And, perhaps, not as spicy as she would have liked. "How is it your fault? You were taught to think that you were doing the right thing. There is nothing wrong with that; when you are taught something from the second you are born, it is hard, if not impossible, to think a different way." She shrugged again around a mouthful of noodles. When Hogosya mentioned her family, Maiyu burst out into bitter laughter. "Lucky? As if! I was lucky that my older brothers used me as a punching bag, so that I could learn to fend for myself as young age. What happens to them is none of my concern, and I feel no regret for having left them behind. They saw me as an annoyance, and I saw them as cruel bullies. My mother was a foolish, frail flower of a woman. My father was decent, but rarely home." She laughed again, but this time it sounded as if there was a hint of shame in her voice. "I'm sorry, you've already heard all this, haven't you?" Restless, Maiyu tapped the table with her perfectly-filed nails. She wanted out of the room, and away from all these people. There were too many of them, and she could feel their eyes, looking, looking, looking. Maiyu felt like she was suffocating, and her skin felt hot and prickly. If only she could release some of the fire than burned beneath her skin. But...no, that would be a bad idea. "There is nothing we can do about him." She snapped in irritation. "I am just bothered by the fact that he followed us here." Several more people entered the restaurant, but because she did not know them, and they did not seem threatening, Maiyu dismissed them without a second thought. When Hogosya mentioned the man's supposed infatuation, Maiyu's eyes flashed, and smoke curled around her clenched fingers. "If you know what's good for you, you won't ever speak of that again." She hissed angrily. "I have no desire to be seen as something pretty, and if I could have my way, I would be uglier than an old turtle-duck! It is not my fault that men go crazy over a woman's face, and I doubt that is why he is here. He looks like a warrior, not a lovesick fool!" By the end of her sentence, Maiyu had managed to retain her cool.  

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lord Arkon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 pm
User Image

Hogosya, the Lonely Warrior

"Ah...But dont you know, 'My lady'. We warriors make the best fools, expecially when it comes to a pretty face. Of course, our friend over there seems the type to want to tear someones head off as court them." He quickly emptied his bowl, and wiped his mouth with the napkin.

Once he made sure his bowl was empty, and his silverware was piled neatly inside, he wiped his hands one more time and sat straight in his chair. She was right, having this stuff drilled into him since he was a child made it nearly impossible to forget.

"Well, now that we have a moment, would you mind if I ask what you are planning to do with this information now? As you've pointed out before, it could cause me quite a headache if it got out in the public."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:24 pm
User Image
Kaiza looked up when he heard Maiyu's outburst and drank some more tea. "thats an angry one" he said chuckling lightly  

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:25 pm
User Image

Maiyu rolled her eyes at Hogosya's comments. "Then perhaps the Generals and Commanders need to work a little harder on toughening up their soldiers. A man who is strong with a sword and fire, but weak with his heart and lust is easy prey for a kunoichi. Angi only knows how many men have made the mistake of falling for a pretty woman, only to die from a poisoned bloodstream, or a slit throat." She tossed her hair over her shoulder. "Fortunately, the same does not seem to be the same for woman, although I would not know." Maiyu dared another looked over her shoulder, and made an agreeing noise in the back of her throat. "Yes, I suppose you are right. That tends to be a common problem among fighters and killers these days. They are so comfortable with a blade in hand, but haven't the slightest idea of how to act around someone who's focus in life isn't death and murder." Sighing heavily, Maiyu slurped up the last of her noodles, noting, with mild disgust, that they had gone slightly soggy. Oh well. Her own fault, for being more focused on the so-called 'enemies' than the food she would need to keep her body running properly. Smiling at Hogosya's empty bowl, she placed hers back down on the table, and waved the waitress over, looking relaxed and calm. Only one with the most trained of eyes would notice the slight stiffness to her shoulders. "I am glad to see that your years on the run have not made you forget the most simple of a warrior's training." She drawled idly, her smile become a bit wider, to reveal her white, sharp teeth, as the man sitting across from her sat up straight and tense. When Hogosya spoke again, Maiyu merely blinked at him like a content, well-fed cat. "I plan to do absolutely nothing with that you have told me. On a personal level, the information is not a threat to me, nor does it affect me. Therefore, I see no reason to pass along what you have told me to a third party. I plan to leave this restaurant, buy the supplies I originally came to get, and leave. You are welcome to accompany me if you so wish; it hardly matters. I do not think that you will slow down my travels, and I seek to go to no place that you would not be welcome on. What's more, even if those who were pursuing you caught up with us, I'm quite confident that we could handle them." She smiled again, and her eyes seemed to glow with a wicked sort of satisfaction. "Of course, it goes without saying that I plan to do something about our mysterious...friend, who seems intent to follow us wherever we go." As Maiyu spoke that last part, she curled her fingers together into a point, and allowed a small flame to hover just above her sharpened nails, a dangerous look on her face.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:37 pm
User Image

Her smile sent shivers down his spine. It reminded him of a Shirshu right before it pounced on its prey. Clearly she was not to be taken lightly. 'Not that I planned on it anyway...' He thought to himself. For a moment he considered her words, remembering the events of Ember Island when that noble girl had figured out he was an Earth Bender and sicked her father on him. It was a long and unpleasnt ride in that shipping crate all the way here, and he would like to avoid that again.

He looked at her again, and her flaming fingertips. Traveling with her would mean he would blend into the crowds better, looking like a servent then a lone wanderer. Plus, she looked like she could fight off most people, so having her on his side in a fight would be great.

He decided.

"I think I will join you, if you dont mind. I was planning on heading towards the capital, but you seem more interesting. But first, lets make sure we have no more hangeron's."  

Lord Arkon

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:07 pm
User Image

Maiyu watched Hogosya calmly, aware of that fact that he was coming to a conclusion. Not that it really mattered to her one way or the other. The company of another person would be nice, but if he refused to come along, she was not going to throw herself to the ground and beg that he accompany her. The presence was a male would also be of great assistance; Maiyu didn't even want to count the number of times she had been heckled for being 'such a lovely young woman' and traveling alone. A man would help her blend in better. What's more, Hogosya probably knew much about leaving like a peasant, something that Maiyu had no knowledge of. He would also be of great help in battles, as she was fairly certain that the man was a Master at Earthbending. But, like she had stated before, there was no real need for him to come. It would be nice, but she could easily deal with them parting ways. "Lovely. I am pleased that you have decided to accompany me, although you are right. Firstly, we must deal with our...admirers." She said smoothly, standing up in one graceful motion. They had already paid for their food, which was good. One less thing she wouldn't have to worry about. Tossing several loose stands over hair over her shoulder, she walked over to where the man from before sat, a dangerous half-smile, half-smirk playing on her lips. Many people looked up from their meals to watch her, a look of something that could have been fear in their eyes, but Maiyu seemed not to notice. "Well, if it isn't the prideful, fight-seeking man from before!" She said in a razor-sharp voice that was meant for his ears only as she sat down neatly in the chair she had pulled out for herself, and folded her hands in her lap. "You are quite persistent, aren't you? Sadly, our little game is going to have to end now. Tell me why you followed my companion and myself, and then leave us alone. If when we get up and leave this shop, you still insist on following us-" Here Maiyu leaned forward and widened her eyes. "Well, I suppose if that happened, I'd have to kill you." Her tone made it clear that she would have done such a thing in a heartbeat.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:30 am
User Image
Kaiza poured some more tea in his cup and sipped it. then he looked up and his eyes glowed with fire. "you know, there is a saying: "There are no rules in fights with girls. Just hurting." this should tell you that if you don't get out of my face, I'm going to have to beat your skull in. he said sternly with a smirk. then he yelled to the store owner, "you might want to close up and get everyone out of here; this might get ugly, and don't worry I'll pay for the damages." the owner nodded and the bystanders evacuated. "your move cupcake" he said chuckling  

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:44 pm
User Image

Maiyu smiled sweetly, full lips pulling away from her sharp, white teeth. To see her smile like that would have made you think that she was gazing down at a helpless infant she held close to her chest, or a newly-hatched turtleduck that she was just about to pet. There was no hint of danger or anger in her face."That is a fascinating saying. It also sounds like one you just made it up to prove your point, since I've never heard it before, and it lacks the deep wisdom that the words of our elders instill. Now, since you've been so kind as to share a saying with me, I'll share one with you. 'Don't waste your time on a man who isn't worth it'." Maiyu laughed softly here, one long-nailed hand coming up to cover her mouth. "Of course, I'm sure that saying is supposed to be applied to flirting with a man, or rejecting someone who is dull and boring. But I like it apply that saying to my life in other ways, such as situations like this." She stood then, all faux-smiles and laughs falling from her face. "And if you don't stop following me like a loves-sick fool, I shall cut off your arms, legs, male reproduction parts, and burn them in front of your eyes. I shall then leave you to bleed to death, burn the rest of your body, and bake your ashes into a cake, which will be sent back to your family." There was a look of cold certainty on her face as Maiyu spoke. "Now, it was such a pleasure to meet you, but I think I'm going to have to leave you with nothing but your demented thoughts. And for the record, no woman is a cupcake." With one last razor-sharp smile, she left. "Come with me if you want." Maiyu called to Hogosya, never looking back. Once outside, she nodded and bowed to the owner as she handed him a gold coin. "I am so sorry about this, and hope it was not to much of an inconvenience for you. That man is not right in the head, and has been following me for many days now. You are free to go back inside, but perhaps someone will want to alert the city guards about this man's whereabouts. He is a bit of a danger, not only to himself, but to everyone else." After she finished speaking, Maiyu turned and walked briskly down the stone road, the sunlight glinting off the gold bands on her arm.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:53 pm
User Image

While they had been speaking, hogosya had felt a cold touch creep down his spine. This woman, sweet looking on the outside, was obviously a very violent person on the inside. HE would certainly not like his limbs and "Male parts" severed and burned before him.

During their short conversation, Hogosya had reached into his pouch, pulled out a small black rock, and held it tightly in his hand. When she had finished speaking, he had continued to hold onto the stone and walked out after her, politely nodding to the man at the table and then again to the owner of the noodle shop.

"Well...this is a lesson on whom not to upset now isnt it." He said to her as they walked down the alleyway, flipping his rock from hand to hand.

Lord Arkon

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:25 pm
User Image
Kaiza laughed and walked out, his pride had now overcame his normal level-headed attitude. he then stood far behind her, but she was in his direct line of sight. he then held his fingers like a gun and said "bang" as he made lightning shoot straight past her head.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:31 pm
User Image

Even though the lightning bolt would have missed her, Hogosya still yanked her out of the way. Whenever lighting was shot by a firebender, it turned the air around it boiling hot and could cause burns still.

Once she was safely out of the way, hogosya picked up a large rock and, pretending to throw it, launched it with earthbending towards the firebender, aimed at his knees.

He was hoping to take out one of his legs so the fight would be quicker, as a firebender needed more concentration then other benders in order to fight.

Lord Arkon

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 pm
User Image
Kaiza saw the rock and jumped just in time for it to miss and he shot fireballs out his fingertips like a pistol on different angles.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:17 pm
User Image

(sankofa13, please remember that guns do not exist in this world, therefore, neither would references to guns.)

Turning to Hogosya, Maiyu laughed, although there was a slight bitter note to her tone. "I doubt this will be the last time when he will bother us, but next time, I will not hesitate to do what I threatened. The last thing I need is some wench following me all over the land." She said shortly, her hands clenching together into fists, although her face remained pleasant enough. Having already forgotten about the still-unknown man who had followed them to the restaurant, Maiyu only turned at last minute, surprise etched over her face as the bolt of lightning sizzled through the air, heading in her direction. She felt a gush of affection for the Earthbender when Hogosya pushed her out of the way. At first, it seemed like she might fall on her face, but she was used to being pushed, tripped and shoved around many times, both in real fights and mock-spars. Flinging out her arms, she spun in the air, and landed in a neat crouch, a feral light in her eyes. "Big mistake." She hissed softly before darting forward. Moving almost faster than the human eye could follow, Maiyu attacked the Firebender, sharp-nailed fingers pressing down into the man's pale flesh with ease, and leaving behind small, circular scratches. She couldn't see the flow of chi and energy in a person's body like the Avatar could, but she had long-since memorized the 'hit point's' on a person's body; the places where chi passed by, enabling a person to bend. Block those locations, and a person could no longer bend, rendering them almost completely useless. Maiyu had blocked all the man's chi, and tapped him lightly on the chest, sending him crashing towards the ground, in a matter of seconds. Flipping backwards, she stood a safe distance away and brushed her hands over, seemingly oblivious to the section of hair that had been fried away, leaving a glaringly obvious short section. She was mostly unharmed, although her eyes were overly bright. "Next time, you might want to think your plans through a little more."She said, a sneer playing at her lips. "Such a pathetic attempt. Don't worry, that should wear off in a couple hours. In a mean time, have fun just lying there; you're lucky I don't immobilize your lungs, or you wouldn't be able to breath."  

Stream the Angry Child
Captain

Chatty Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

FlameRunner22

4,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0