Submit

BleuP

Sugary Wife

17,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 pm
The way I see it, if the Gameboy Advance was a new platform that could play Gameboy games, then the 3DS will be a new platform that can play DS games. I heard something about an accelerometer...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:17 pm
A handheld with an accelerometer would be kinda dumb... what the hell would use it? Are you really gonna swing your hand-held?  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Ta-kun the pyro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:21 pm
[Kegan]
A handheld with an accelerometer would be kinda dumb... what the hell would use it? Are you really gonna swing your hand-held?
I think it'd have similar uses to the Pokewalker; essentially playing a game while not playing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:21 pm
[Kegan]

Mini-Wii Remote like device that doubles as the stylus. It doesn't even need much, the camera is on the DS this time, so it just needs the infrared LED, and some small electronic transmitter plus the accelerometer.

...That would be awesome. cool  

Master_Glink

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:24 pm
[Kegan]
There are plenty of ways it can be used, especially if you're creative.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:37 pm
Trenn Flashkill
[Kegan]
There are plenty of ways it can be used, especially if you're creative.
iPhone/Touch. Look how popular that is in relation to gaming.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:46 am
Some of you guys are thinking of gyroscopes.

Others are naming features that really belong in a peripheral.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:49 am
they plan to make a laptop kinda like the leap frog thing but like over 9000 times better  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:29 pm
[Kegan]

Then you were setting them up for correction. xd

Whatever it is, tilt control for a handheld could be really cool. Nintendo is obviously interested in that stuff since they've made three Game Boy games that have used it starring major franchises.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:23 pm
[Kegan]

I'm almost positive the iPhone does not have a gyroscope. It uses an accelerometer for its orientation detection.

Accelerometers are pretty nifty. I think Nintendo can do a lot with one inside their handheld.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:43 am
Trenn Flashkill
[Kegan]

I'm almost positive the iPhone does not have a gyroscope. It uses an accelerometer for its orientation detection.

Accelerometers are pretty nifty. I think Nintendo can do a lot with one inside their handheld.
I know the games that did use them (The Yoshi game I played, the Wario one I didn't) were fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:46 am
Waynebrizzle
well every game console ever made is just pong with better graphics i mean they're beating a dead horse

Win  

Sir Codin

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:43 am
digi734
Master_Glink
Awesome Tree
Meta_Fish
Awesome Tree
Bad choice of words.

All I've seen of it is that it looks exactly like the DS, but the screens have a little more depth. It didn't look like that brand spanking new to me.
There aren't any pictures of it at all. All we have to go off of is that it will allow for 3D gaming without glasses, it will be a successor, and then rumors. Iwata was also asked if the next D Swould have gyroscopes and GameCube like graphics to which he responded something along the lines of "That is a given, but is that enough to warrant a successor DS?"

At this time I think it's rumored to have:
-3D technology without glasses (among which there are many different technologies it could use)
-Built in rumble
-Longer battery life
-No gap between the screens
-Control stick
-Gyroscope/motion control

I think that warrants a new DS.
I posted that before I realised that what I was referring to was a DSiWare game thing. Where'd you get all of that info?

The only way I can see no gaps between the screens working is either the sides fold onto the screen, or some kind of swivel motion takes place.

Wouldn't no gaps between screens be the same as ... One screen...?
Yeah, but one half would be touch-compatible while the other half would not.
I read somewhere that both the screens will be touchscreen.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:30 am
They'll stop the DS after the DS Micro that nobody buys because of it's stupidly small screens.

Evamortte

MarioLuigi1983

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:22 pm
Given that the Nintendo 3DS is suppose to be an entirely new handheld and given if the Nintendo DS goes on for a few years, I say it'll be going until 2014 or 2015.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff