Cookie1474
Vice Captain

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:46 am
T00KIE
At first I thought, "Who is really going to pay attention to a bunch of angry gaians on strike?" I mean, I figured a handful of possibly millions of people would actually turn out for this gig of striking over the nerfed tank issue and I also couldn't help but wonder about of a corporate giant such as gaiaonline would really give a rats bottom half about the wants and desires of its members or if it would just snuff us out by banning us just plain ignoring us. Then I thought better of it!

If we as a people, as a community, and that is what we are... a community here on gaia, if we do not stand up for ourselves and our fellow gaians, our friends, our brothers our sisters, the future members and even the past ones then what good are we?

I believe that this is a fight worth standing up and chanting HECK NO WE WONT GLOW for and i removed all of my fish as well as vowed to no longer purchase gaia cash as long as this is the way they wish to dictate.

We spend a lot of time and money on our tanks, and we spend the time each day to log on and check on them and feed them to keep them at 100% happiness to ensure glow and all that wonderful booty goodness.

I think we deserve to earn out money back a little for our time!

Reduce our glow times and nerf our tanks then all you are doing is reducing the average gaians chance of earning some of the gold back that hemorrhages from our wallets when purchasing some of these fish and decorations.

Granted it is a hobby but would you people really pay 5 dollars for a pixilated fish that isn't going to make you back but a dollar of your money?

All of us are entrepreneurial and all of us want to turn a buck!

Letting our tanks be nerfed would be as if we were ranchers and we constantly allowed poachers and predators to kill off our livestock... all we do is lose money and we don't even make enough to break even to keep afloat with the number of animals we have on our ranches!

Same goes for these tanks!

I don't know about all of you but my aquarium is not only a hobby, it is a way to earn a little extra booty to pay for some of the other things I am questing for... like Inari Beads!

So strike people, and if you have not already visited Kenshins thread, check it out and read a little bit about the issue as well as some of the proposed options.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/the-great-gaian-aquarium-strike-petition/t.60146773/

You are absolutly right!! they need to listen to whom they consider the small people, we are customers and we can help Gaia grow or make it fail  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:57 am
I'm sorry to say that I also do not believe that Gaia will listen to it's users. So, I've just removed my dolphins. I wish the strike the best of luck, but don't get your hopes up.  

Purtie
Crew

Obsessive Elder

Ginchy

3,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 pm
Point of interest arrow Recent Changes  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:33 pm
After much reading in all the threads related to this matter, I have decided to support it all the way. I also plan to do the Arena event to bring more attention to our cause.

Considering how we have all worked and spend gold or real cash on items supporting Gaia, I think they should give back. I realize they want to make money as any business does, but hurting your members that support you is not the way. Time for big business to be concerned about the people not just the almighty buck.

The feedback in this thread is very helpful in educating everyone.

Reve Casse

Reve Casse

Crew

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

mitasaron
Crew

12,500 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:50 am
I have decided to support the strike.

No because I think we will get much with it, but because it is time we dont let to be pissed like we are been in the past.

This is not the fist nerfing (to our dollars), and if we let to follow without doing nothing to stop, our only option is let die our tanks or to have plenty of millons to replenish.

I do not have millons, not in gaia gold not in cash.

Loosing my posible profit during this days is nothing comparing with nerfing looses.
And sorry, I will grabb no one during these days.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:14 pm
My link to the Arena for Monday.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/arena/gaia/original-avatar/vote/?entry_id=102077395#title

Hopefully more join in to get the message across to all Gaians. The more of us that take a stand, the better our chances of making a difference. Time to show ''The Powers That Be'' we, as people, matter....not just our cash. And no ..... I am not rich. Booty grabs helps me get what I need. BUT...I will not put my fish back in my tank nor grab till further notice.

Reve Casse

Reve Casse

Crew

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

milk king
Crew
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:16 pm
CLICK MY SIG AND JOIN THE STRIKE!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:27 pm
I now see the point in taking your fish out of your tank.I have taken mine out because there is no reason to have them in when your tank is not glowwing.So I have only 3 fish in my tank now because I cant fit them all in barrets tank...I say lets go all the way with the strike and get what we deserve...  

X-KINGROME-X
Captain

Creepy Kuro Neko

Moonlight Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:26 am
I'm pissed off at gaia but I think the stirke is causing some harm as well.

Because most of the people who removed their fish have high trigger tanks, it makes it even harder for people to play booty grab when there arn't any tanks to grab.

No gold means no buying fish from the market place, which means even less high tigger tanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:40 am
I think it is a disgraceful shame that it took a strike to get Gaia's attention to fix a "glitch".

Glad it is fixed.  

thesockdrawer

GAIA ISSUES ONLY

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas