Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Siblings suck a** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siblings suck
  You don't get any options
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:32 pm
Made? You mean "mad"? confused

The point of doing better is to help you move on. I meant make up for it as far as your own conscience is concerned.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 am
(yes I did)

Then it's doing it's job irritatingly well >_>  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 pm
If your conscience is bothering you, that actually has little to do with anyone else. It's something inside you, and you have to deal with it accordingly. Maybe it's time to become a new man.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:37 am
I usually just ignore it, but every-now-and-then, when I have time to think about random things, I remember stuff I've done in the past and still feel bad about it.

We're talking years ago.
Shouldn't my conscience have gotten over that by now?  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:35 pm
Time has little to do with it. It's about whether you personally feel you've atoned for what you've done or whether you feel it was really that bad.  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:31 pm
I wish my conscience would forget about things that are that far in the past though >_>  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:16 pm
To the brain, it doesn't matter whether something happened last night or 40 years ago. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:03 pm
>.> stupid brain  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 pm
Mind over matter. I'm always saying that, but you never get it. You could control your own thoughts and behavior, but noooooo. You'd rather live as a finite mind in a tribal world.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:46 pm
A lot of things still bother me about the past and it's definitely because I haven't taken action in the present to balance it out. You can't just conveniently forget about stuff. But there are some people who don't have a conscience. Those are generally psychopaths... sweatdrop  

Iakun

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:48 am
You say finite mind because I choose not to think a novel size amount of brain info on every little thing I do.

I say, that's no fun.
Just go with the flow.

BE A FREE SPIRIT AT LEAST ONCE IN YOUR LIFE, OK?  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:33 pm
Dude, you're not a free spirit. You're encumbered by so many things that you're more of an imprisoned spirit. Considering more thoughts and ideas is more freeing to the mind than picking a single thought and sticking to it. I was using the philosophical usage of the term "finite mind." It refers to someone who is comfortable only with the same things he has thought about and lived with his whole life, who refuses to experience the world or consider new thoughts.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 4:58 pm
Actually, while it's good to experience things I don't think you should go overboard. One of my friends analyzes and overthinks things a lot, experiences lots of things and ways of thinking and in the end, he's a lot less solid on personal beliefs than I am.

You CAN get lost in this nebula of nothingness if you don't stick to certain ideas or beliefs.

What helps me feel like a free spirit is when I fart. What a release... xd  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:53 pm
purpleravenhawk
Dude, you're not a free spirit. You're encumbered by so many things that you're more of an imprisoned spirit. Considering more thoughts and ideas is more freeing to the mind than picking a single thought and sticking to it. I was using the philosophical usage of the term "finite mind." It refers to someone who is comfortable only with the same things he has thought about and lived with his whole life, who refuses to experience the world or consider new thoughts.

Oh, well in that case, yeah... I'm a finite mind.
And I enjoy it. So there... LOL

Iakun
Actually, while it's good to experience things I don't think you should go overboard. One of my friends analyzes and overthinks things a lot, experiences lots of things and ways of thinking and in the end, he's a lot less solid on personal beliefs than I am.

You CAN get lost in this nebula of nothingness if you don't stick to certain ideas or beliefs.

What helps me feel like a free spirit is when I fart. What a release... xd

LOL
You go, man!
HAHAHA!  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:06 pm
Sure, anything can be overdone. But that includes sticking to the same ideas your whole life. There's nothing wrong with considering alternatives, even if you end up discarding them. Everyone should have a personal belief system, but refusing to even look at an idea that challenges those beliefs is stagnating. You can look at the world without getting swept up by every little thing. That's true strength.

And, dude, you're always saying you enjoy living the way you do. But you're not happy. Anyone can see that, and you've admitted it yourself. You're not happy with yourself, your way of life, or pretty much anything around you. Even your favorite things in the world (anime, hentai, etc.) are a source of frustration, in addition to pleasure, because you stew over how much of it you haven't collected or isn't perfect. I may be unhappy with the world and my circumstances, but I'm pretty happy with who I am as a person, and I'm confident in my beliefs and my own mind.

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff