Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SlTVM

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:20 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

I like your ideas, Righteous.

However, at the current time I don't think we have enough people to make too many teams.

Hmm...
I do think it would be good to get people with specific skills, though. We all have our talents from God.

Pray that God will reveal your gifts and talents to you for this ministry!

What do you guys think about this?

We may not have many troops in this platoon of the Army of God, but we have our faith, which overcomes all.

If we cannot mobilize in major groups and campaigns, we can at least engage in small missions.

I suggest we start working on a guild for recruitment, organization, planning, tactical analysis, etc.
I want to start a guild like this, but I do not know how. Also, I want such a movement to be a council-like system of authority.

We can't have all the power going to a sleeper, an incompetent, a belligerent, or otherwise, a moron. Our movement should be run by a council of trusted and elected leaders.

We should start compiling our ideas in a thread that an experienced Guild creator (i.e. Our Guild Captain) could review and make for all of us to join. I am affiliated with a few well-populated Christian Threads, so I could help promote it to help us recruit a lot of active members.

What do you guys think about this?  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:04 am

I don't know about creating another guild. There are lots of Christian guilds all ready. The point is to bring THIS guild into the outreach world through charities and teaching ministries.

However, those Christians from other Christian threads would be helpful, not only in this guild, but in our outreach ministries.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

SlTVM

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:06 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

I don't know about creating another guild. There are lots of Christian guilds all ready. The point is to bring THIS guild into the outreach world through charities and teaching ministries.

However, those Christians from other Christian threads would be helpful, not only in this guild, but in our outreach ministries.

Alright then. Proud Christians will be our front for our new evangelical mission. I'll start promoting this guild to bring some soldiers in. However, before I do, we will need to set up some threads in this guild that set up teams and assign dates for our missions. We do that, and I'll start bringing the people in.

Lets bring this idea to Captain.

btw, we should make a sub-forum for this.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:08 pm
We could also try inviting people to the guild....???  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Sabeine

Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:27 pm
That is a good idea Shadows-Shine!! 4laugh We can always use new warriors for God...I am still totally in and will do what i need to to help out, just let me know what you need Scarlet...

Oh, and Shadows-Shine, I have been meaning to tell you...You always have some of the coolest avi outfits ever...and they are all so different from one another...'tis the coolness ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:34 pm
@Sabeine- Thanks! 4laugh  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:12 am
RighteousMan117
Scarlet_Teardrops

Alright then. Proud Christians will be our front for our new evangelical mission. I'll start promoting this guild to bring some soldiers in. However, before I do, we will need to set up some threads in this guild that set up teams and assign dates for our missions. We do that, and I'll start bringing the people in.

Lets bring this idea to Captain.

btw, we should make a sub-forum for this.

Ambition is a wonderful thing--when harnessed carefully and correctly.
Inviting people is a good idea.
However, we all ready have so many inactive members. Perhaps we should consider writing them?
I'll do that when I have more time.

Also, I don't think this is quite big enough for a subforum--yet. Not that it won't get that way. But we need to be patient. Let God give us guidance. All will fall into place if we trust in Him and act according to His will.

I love your passion!

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:40 pm
Great idea sabeine!  

Riku Elmwick

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:07 pm

As a reminder, May 22nd is NEXT SATURDAY.
We will be ministering in Towns and the forums of Gaia (you get to pick which one you'd rather do).

The objective is to teach people about Christianity. We want to make sure that we are gentle in our teaching and that we do not berate others.

Yep yep!
Be ready, and be prayerful all week! Make sure you do some studying up on Scripture so you can be a little more prepared!
And remember that Jesus is with us. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:50 pm
phew! barely made it! *wipes sweat off of forehead* im in!  

Lucky-Emi

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:07 pm
EmilyTheBookworm
phew! barely made it! *wipes sweat off of forehead* im in!

All right! Good to have another onboard!

Righteousman made a more recent thread for this. Be sure to post there. ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:03 pm
I feel so bad I totally forgot about last time. Are we going to do this again?  

Lucky-Emi

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:47 pm
Lucky-Emi
I feel so bad I totally forgot about last time. Are we going to do this again?

Probably in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:08 pm
Riku Elmwick
I thought of a way we could witness to the members of gaia. If we can get enough of us we could have something like a study group in one of the towns or just vow for one day to go to different parts of town and witness to people. Tell me what you think.

My fiance Joseph (his screen name is Soldier of the Lord God) and I go to towns every now and then and preach there. Sometimes we have friends come along and we would post scripture just to get a conversation going or if one of our friends just feel like reading it. We do get people bashing us and bad mouthing what we do, but we keep 2 Timothy 2:23-26 in our minds when we preach, not to get caught up in pointless arguments with them, and to express humility instead of snap back when they try to offend us.

23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

2 Timothy 2:23-26

Sometimes we preach as a group, or just the two of us, or alone (in case someone wants to talk to us in private to talk about their struggles with God).

It would be cool if we can gather up people that want to go to towns and sit and discuss and preach to people there, maybe like a sticky in the main forum or something.  

Grace from God

Blessed Informer

~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas