Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The Beginings of vampirism? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:15 pm
Of course...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:58 am
i dont beleve in vamprism. I do think people cant drain enery from someone else.If someone did start acting like a va,pire drinking blood sleeping in a coffin ect. Then seek help lol thats my opinon lol  

Sweet Tooth Cyanide

Distinct Lunatic

5,750 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mistreena

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:34 pm
Simim
You're a vampire if you need energy to survive and are incapable of producing it yourself.

Most people can absorb energies and keep them there. Vampires are running a continuous leak, so to speak.

Of course, I'm skeptical of most people claiming to be one, because their reports of fatigue, weakness in sun, etc, are all theory at best until they go to a doctor and have themselves checked out.

Vampires don't sparkle or shrivel up in the sunlight. You're born as a vampire: temporary vampirism can occur, but a vampire it makes not. You can't be turned. Sanguine vamps are simply feeding off energy through a physical medium.

if this were Facebook, I'd click "LIKE" xP because your post is awesome.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:33 pm
The aspect of energy siphoning is from what I know. The effect of becoming overbearingly tired to the extent of no external action being possible.
I was told that its akin to going to sleep quietly and calmly but never waking up.

Much like bleeding out, but feeling no pain.
That can also be said about spiritual conversion.
Hyptherial trance or just about all the spiritual phenomenon that happens to the human body. So I'm not sure about the basis of the information.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:42 pm
Abbot_Natalis
Of course...
\

Oh James... such a quaint little fiend you are.
Go spread your wings in another place will you?

This is a topic like all others, but unlike the others I just wanted peace among the partakers of its fruit.
And here you are like the others of your kin. Continually tainting its roots.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:14 am
Oborosen
Abbot_Natalis
Of course...

Oh James... such a quaint little fiend you are.
Go spread your wings in another place will you?

This is a topic like all others, but unlike the others I just wanted peace among the partakers of its fruit.
And here you are like the others of your kin. Continually tainting its roots.

To be fair, Oborosen, I think Abbot Natalis has a point; much of your posts do seem to contain a number of statements presented as though they're fact despite being contrary to what a number of folk in the guild believe, yet you don't seem to be forthcoming with any evidence to show these things are factual at all. I'm personally alright with people not backing up their opinions, provided said opinions aren't being presented as though they're truths; however, some of your posts fall into the latter camp, and I'm a little suspicious of it. Further, your habit of speaking in floral metaphor doesn't do much for your case except demonstrating a love of flair, as though you're going out of your way to impress -- which makes me more wary.

Just consider this a suggestion that you give us a little more information regarding your sources when you make contrarian claims.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Abbot_Natalis

Savage Genius

2,850 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:50 pm
Well said, Mitch.

As for spreading corruption: I'd say that all I'm doing is hindering your ability to do so, Oborosen.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:47 pm
Simim
You're a vampire if you need energy to survive and are incapable of producing it yourself.

Most people can absorb energies and keep them there. Vampires are running a continuous leak, so to speak.

Of course, I'm skeptical of most people claiming to be one, because their reports of fatigue, weakness in sun, etc, are all theory at best until they go to a doctor and have themselves checked out.

Vampires don't sparkle or shrivel up in the sunlight. You're born as a vampire: temporary vampirism can occur, but a vampire it makes not. You can't be turned. Sanguine vamps are simply feeding off energy through a physical medium.

I highly agree with you Simim.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:40 pm
Koigokoro Konjou
Simim

Actually an old friend of mine who is I regret to say is a heavy Twilight Fan.
Actually explained they sparkly effect to me in a very convincing detail.
Yes the light burns his skin, but his body heals before he actually catches fire.
And while the effect is still rather queer to me, it does help me except it just a little more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:10 pm
There could be all sorts of reasons for resorting to vampirism. Erm to the thought to go down that route, still while not true vampires.
I saw a special on vampires awhile back, and they brought up Elizabeth Bathory. Her's could've been a medical disorder actually with lacking iron or a possible blood disorder which led her to wanting to bathe in the blood of virgins. Erm so they've found.
Like the blood disorder known as: Wiki: Porphyria
Although Psi vampirism is probably different and the why anyone would resort to go down the path of Psi Vampirism and the like.  

KaryuunoSamurai

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250

Satrevi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:36 pm
Oborosen
Koigokoro Konjou
Simim

Yes the light burns his skin, but his body heals before he actually catches fire.
And while the effect is still rather queer to me, it does help me except it just a little more.
xd WHAT?!? You just brought Twilight, of all things into a discussion about vampirism? Really?!?!? Congratulations. You've just lost your credibility as far as I'm concerned. rofl pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:34 pm
Satrevi
Oborosen
Koigokoro Konjou
Simim

xd WHAT?!? You just brought Twilight, of all things into a discussion about vampirism? Really?!?!? Congratulations. You've just lost your credibility as far as I'm concerned. rofl pirate

Well forgive me for introducing that damned movie. But that's just me passing on there idea about the subject.
My preference for a good vamp movie will always be Interview with a vampire.  

Oborosen

5,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 pm
Satrevi
Oborosen
Koigokoro Konjou
Simim

To be fair, he didn't use Twilight in any kind of debate regarding Vampirism itself -- it was just a (fairly interesting) aside regarding why the vampires in the series are so magnificently incandescent.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm
Mitsh

To be fair, he didn't use Twilight in any kind of debate regarding Vampirism itself -- it was just a (fairly interesting) aside regarding why the vampires in the series are so magnificently incandescent.

I always wondered if the vampires in that series had a) sparkly dandruff and/or b) sparkly spunk.

*wanders off on odd tangents yet again*  

erinnightwalker

Satrevi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:43 pm
Mitsh
Satrevi
Oborosen
Koigokoro Konjou
Simim

True. True. I guess my Twilight sense went off. Sorry about that. biggrin  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces