Submit

Lettora Draconia
Crew

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Being the "guinea pig" for all the drug "experiments" ((Hey man try this))... Not having a care in the world...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:35 pm
One word. Toonami. Cartoon Network screwed themselves as they slowly destroyed its greatness. Now 2 of its best shows are forced to be on channels that will cencor them even more. R.I.P. DBZ and Naruto. sad  

Kazemaru Shichijo

damnationreigns

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:40 pm
Krissy Kupcake
jacobdonner
Kay Of Khaos
User Image

The cartoons. The 90s had the BEST cartoons. Nickelodeon had some real good ones.

The music was good too, only I didn't appreciate it back then.

User Image

Agree, Nick was awsome. The like the music too, I also liked how MTV actually played music videos back then.

Yeah MTV took 'Music' out of their title. Now it's basically bad music and reality shows.

I know, all in favor of building a giant time machine and go back in time. SAY I!
We'll first start off with the 90's to help rekindle old memories, and then for those curious, we shall continue our jounrey into the 80s. Just don't forget your giant boomboxes, parrachue (or however there called) pants and the sparkly Micheal Jackson gloves.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:42 pm
jacobdonner
Krissy Kupcake
jacobdonner
Kay Of Khaos
User Image

The cartoons. The 90s had the BEST cartoons. Nickelodeon had some real good ones.

User Image

Agree, Nick was awsome. The like the music too, I also liked how MTV actually played music videos back then.

Yeah MTV took 'Music' out of their title. Now it's basically bad music and reality shows.

I know, all in favor of building a giant time machine and go back in time. SAY I!
We'll first start off with the 90's to help rekindle old memories, and then for those curious, we shall continue our jounrey into the 80s. Just don't forget your giant boomboxes, parrachue (or however there called) pants and the sparkly Micheal Jackson gloves.

The 80's weren't all that grand... razz  

Lettora Draconia
Crew

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Th3 WereWolf
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:43 pm
Kazemaru Shichijo
One word. Toonami. Cartoon Network screwed themselves as they slowly destroyed its greatness. Now 2 of its best shows are forced to be on channels that will cencor them even more. R.I.P. DBZ and Naruto. sad

dude that what i call toonami goin down
now outlaw star, and gundam was bad a**
by the time naruto came around it was allready goining downhill  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:47 am
Lettora Draconia
jacobdonner
Krissy Kupcake
jacobdonner
Kay Of Khaos
User Image

User Image

The 80's weren't all that grand... razz

It was great for slasher movies razz .
But anyway, I feel like I would stay in the 90's personally  

damnationreigns

Kazemaru Shichijo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:07 pm
Th3 WereWolf
Kazemaru Shichijo

dude that what i call toonami goin down
now outlaw star, and gundam was bad a**
by the time naruto came around it was allready goining downhill

I wasn't much of a Gundam guy, but I loved a good many of the shows on Toonami. I've been watching the dubbed DBZKai. It sucks for one reason. NO BLOOD AT ALL! I'm not really a violent guy but what cartoon network showed was great. Now he "blood" is just a darker color of their skin. Such great shows reduced to a shadow of their former self. Its sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:01 am
No offense, but I always thought DBZ kinda sucked eek  

Lettora Draconia
Crew

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Natira Cousland

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:24 am
Lettora Draconia

Its all good, my mom hated it as well. Especially Sailor Moon. I remember the good old days of ranting on how she would get took by the time she finished transforming. XD The only reason she didn't like DBZ is because of the the timelines and the different worlds.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:46 am
Coffee Esquire
Lettora Draconia

Its all good, my mom hated it as well. Especially Sailor Moon. I remember the good old days of ranting on how she would get took by the time she finished transforming. XD The only reason she didn't like DBZ is because of the the timelines and the different worlds.

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just saying with what has happened to TV. Shows start to suck when they come from Japan because they tone everything down. Let me put it in perspective for you. Take your favorite anime if you have one. Then take away the parts that made it so good. That's what they've done to my favorite show.  

Kazemaru Shichijo

Lettora Draconia
Crew

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:48 pm
Kazemaru Shichijo
Coffee Esquire
Lettora Draconia

Well everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm just saying with what has happened to TV. Shows start to suck when they come from Japan because they tone everything down. Let me put it in perspective for you. Take your favorite anime if you have one. Then take away the parts that made it so good. That's what they've done to my favorite show.

I liked Inuyasha, Bleach and Avatar the last Air Bender... My favorite Anime Movie's are Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

I just could never tolerate DBZ because they would narrate exactly what the character was thinking or say what he was going to do and then after the narrator was done the character would say exactly what the narrator had just finished saying. Over half of each episode was narration and talking. Now if it had just been the action and they cut out all the time they wasted on repeating themselves over and over again it would have been a good show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:24 am
My favorite parts would have to be...

1. Nickelodeon Cartoons (Angry Beavers, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, AH! real monsters, Doug, etc.)
2. Marilyn Manson
3. Baggy Jeans (favorite to see people wear)

Oh and of course the short term of relative peace within our country wasn't too bad either.  

Comrade Nicholas

Trevor Wellington

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:43 pm
Pretty much everything everyones said and repeated,Music,Cartoons,Tvshows,food, heck compared to the current year people where a whole lot kinder too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:46 pm
id also just like to say i liked it when there was no terrorism
those were fun times  

Th3 WereWolf
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100

gkar1701

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:30 pm
Ahh, Sailor Moon. The gateway anime. Fun show but got annoying after a while. Never watched past the first few episodes of S (Rini was so annoying!).

DBZ was great. Watched it in college w/a buddy - we'd alternate turns on getting Papa John's and watch two or three episodes in a row - since 3 episodes of DBZ = 1 episode of normal plot.

And then there's Beast Wars - CGI transformers. Fun stuff.  
<Entertainment & Music>

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff