Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
So cute. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

And sad.
  But so cute.
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:19 pm
purpleravenhawk
Everyone dies. The important thing is not how long you live, but HOW you live.

AMEN!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:31 pm
Purple & MR:

I'd still rather not die so sudden because of something I was doing.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:51 pm
Chances are you will. Most people die because of something they're doing. Sometimes it's just indirect. You could die in a car wreck because you were driving, you could die in your computer chair because you didn't get up and exercise and eat right, you could die helping someone move because a bookshelf fell on you, you could die from a snakebite you got while mowing the lawn, you could die from an aneurysm caused by being unable to control your temper, you could die from cancer caused by eating too much barbecue, you could die in a tornado because you never moved out of Tornado Alley, you could die from a vitamin D deficiency because you never went out into the sun, etc., etc. I could go on. Shall I? xd It doesn't matter whether the thing you were doing was for yourself or someone else; you'll still be dead.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:17 pm
*Points to purple* She's got a point Dude. After all you in all honestly don't know when it will happen, but you know that when it finally does it will. You can have some control over but sometimes you have absolutely none. It could be something that you do or something that some random chaotic chain of events that cause it.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:11 am
OK I get it.
We're all doomed.

So do what you have to, to be happy, while you can.

ALSO...
When I read this "you could die from cancer caused by eating too much barbecue" - I stopped and thought "wait, what was that?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:42 pm
Cooking meat enhances certain carcinogenic substances, and cooking over an open flame with charcoal makes it worse. 3nodding These same substances cause an addictive reaction in the brain similar to nicotine and caffeine.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 pm
*smiles* Finally you joined us! We converted another! *chuckles* Seriously just live everyday like it's your last just don't get into to much trouble, though. ^_~

*chuckles* Eh, it's okay I've done that myself.

Purple: *blink blink blink* You know what I say to that? I eat what I want at least I'll die happy! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:06 pm
Since I quit eating meat, I don't even crave it anymore. I think it really is an addiction. Even though I quit for moral reasons, I would get a craving every now and then years afterwards. But now since it's been about a decade, I don't get cravings anymore, and meat of any kind looks and smells disgusting to me. 3nodding  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:32 pm
I could never give up meat. Or rather I would never want to. It's a convenient and tasty source of certain nutrients you need. Funny thing about the coal bbq thing is that in my opinion, the coal bbq method tastes better than the others. But then I rarely eat bbq anyway.

About the only thing I hate about meat is how we mass-raise all these animals just to slaughter them. It's one thing back in the day when people lived more closely to the land and raised their own livestock for food, but knowing we have acres and acres of cows milling around with imminent doom just seems disturbing to me and does make me feel a little bad. (of course the chickens that probably never see the light of day either) There are situations where animals are living in total squalor, or a cow will be hanging from a hook still alive with its guts half hanging out. Seriously, come on, can't we do this more respectfully and humanely? Sometimes I wonder if this is putting some sort of karmic debt on our race's head.

There was this show about a guy in england who was doing an experiment on raising chickens the way the industry does (in horrible crowded conditions where they do nothing but eat and sit in the same spot) and in those conditions you have to get rid of the bad chicks. Usually they have a broken foot or they might be runts, and he'd have to snap its neck and throw it in the trash, literally. It broke his heart and it made me cry cuz I wanted to take the chick to a vet and fix its foot. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:14 pm
Purple: Rock on girl!! I personally...like my meat thanks. ^_^ Though, hey I can totally understand wanting to give up meat for various reasons from moral ones to health to others. I think it's great. ^_^

Bro: I'm with you I would never want to give up my meat. I have to say I'm not a big fan of how some of these animals are treated or even slaughtered, but at the same time...when you're raising massive herds of say pigs or cows...not many people want to live near that so it gets hard to have the acres to raise such a huge amount to be able to sell and make a profit for all your hard work...because of the needed land or not being able to do it in certain places because of people not wanting to deal with the smell. I find it funny, they want the meat but they don't want the smell. *shakes head*

Anyway, that's sad about the chickens. I use to raise some...I miss my chickens. I even had one that I was really attached to that I would go out and pick it up and sit with it in my lap and swing. We were buddies. *nods* Yes, I had a pet chicken. ^_^ I loved my chickens and I hated it when the cyotes or bobcats got a hold of one. crying So just hearing about this test would break my heart let alone seeing it.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:35 pm
Purple: O_O
WOW, I did NOT know that !!!

MR: YAY! Die happy!

A pet chicken?
You know, for some reason, that doesn't surprize me anymore.
I guess I'm used to your unconventional ways - LOL  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:14 pm
Actually, chickens are not at all uncommon as far as avians for pets goes. Though I personally prefer the more exotic variety of birds. heart  

Iakun

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:22 pm
Dude: *nods* Amen! *nods* Yup a pet chicken. ^_^ Though I'm sure I named it heck if I can remember what it was. I just remember there was one I'd go outside and would pick up and sit in the swing and it would just sit right down in my lap and sit there happily as I swung slightly. *shrugs* Yes, I was a strange child...and now I'm just crazy it's all good! *chuckles* Well glad I don't surprise ya anymore with my unconventional ways. ^_^

Bro: I didn't know that. I know most people raise 'em for eggs and well to eat. I didn't know a lot of people had them for pets. I've never met anyone else that had a chicken for a pet. I've always met people with "normal" birds for pets ya know like the more exotic birds or parakeets and such.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:19 am
Yeah, I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the meat industry if they just took care of the animals. You know, let 'em enjoy life before they die. That includes no more baby killing. 3nodding If people just ate less meat, the industry could shrink. Factory farms could turn it into a sort of delicacy, something that people paid extra money for. But that's not going to happen with the fast food industry in place.

As for nutrients, I can get everything I need from other sources. 3nodding You actually don't need as much protein as people think you do. And it and iron are both pretty easy to find elsewhere.

P.S. I want a pet chicken! gonk I would name her Clara. 3nodding

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:02 pm
*nods* Yeah...I guess the only reason I don't have as much problem is I try not to think about it...okay I'm probably to innocent or naive really, but I guess I remember my farm I know what it was like and it was a "happy" place ya know? So I figure why not just make it on a bigger scale. I later learned this was not the case, but...well I love my meat I like the taste of it. sweatdrop

*nods* True...but when you start having problems with certain vegetables and fruits you start learning you can't get all the stuff you need. For example certain people can't eat certain fruits and veggies because of the high acid...okay so it's more fruits then veggies. I can't have a lot of milk products because I'm slightly lactose intolerant. Then you add in things like diabetics and you really start having problems on what you can and can't eat and be able to fill ya up. *shrugs* So who know maybe they're just excuses but really what can you do? Well...I mean besides what you did. sweatdrop Which that was your choice and I think it's great, for you. ^_^

P.S. *chuckles* Then get a pet chicken. They're really not that hard to take care of.  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff