Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Looking for a Book... (posting THE book hehe) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you like?
  Choi Chee Ling
  Kou Chong
View Results

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:15 pm
Riyoku Sakimori
BlacksandBlues
Ayah ayah ayah!! It's so small! And it looks like it's in simplified Chinese! Gyah, I only read traditional Chinese, the Hong Kong way! gonk Owah! crying And also, my Chinese reading and writing sucks! sweatdrop blaugh
you're not alone, and my french grade is better than my English.

Haha, same..my french is better tham my english. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:09 am
Hey i heard about that too, and i also want to get hold of the book and find out about the orginal story of 'twin of brothers'.

Syeori

Syeori

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:11 am
Simplified characters! gonk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 am
I apologize for the simplified chinese but my brother found it like that. I would change it all to traditional, however, I don't know any chinese to allow me to do such a task. On a brighter note, I can continue to post the rest of the 63 volumes here if you people still want it in that condition sweatdrop

I don't know how else to get it to you because it's slightly large to email sweatdrop  

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100

BlacksandBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:54 am
*sweatdrop* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:15 pm
Confusion. heart heart heart  

Flammable Bait

Just A Portrait

Fashionable Lunatic

10,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:56 am
I love Kou Chong ! But love Choi Chee Ling's character. I'm still watching them on TV. Is the book is english by any chance? crying  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:31 am
Blue_Venus_Gurl
I love Kou Chong ! But love Choi Chee Ling's character. I'm still watching them on TV. Is the book is english by any chance? crying

I don't think so. No one is willing to translate 63 volumes of chinese characters plus an epilogue. I think each volume has roughly 11-12 chapters each. So that's a lot of text to translate neutral  

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100

BlacksandBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:44 am
On the subject of books... This isn't a Chinese book, but it sure is a very famous book, written by a very famous Chinese author. It's "Falling Leaves" by Adeline Yen Mar. Anyone read it?? I found it very touching and sad... sad  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:13 pm
DevilsLight
Blue_Venus_Gurl

I don't think so. No one is willing to translate 63 volumes of chinese characters plus an epilogue. I think each volume has roughly 11-12 chapters each. So that's a lot of text to translate neutral

Well, if someone can, then they can make it into a "english" book, and publish it. Imagine how much money they can get. whee  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

DevilsLight

6,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:35 am
xXHotBabiBluXx
DevilsLight
Blue_Venus_Gurl

Well, if someone can, then they can make it into a "english" book, and publish it. Imagine how much money they can get. whee

I don't think you are allowed to do that without the author's permission first and permission = money spent. So I don't think anyone will be doing it any time soon...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:13 pm
DevilsLight
xXHotBabiBluXx
DevilsLight
Blue_Venus_Gurl

I don't think you are allowed to do that without the author's permission first and permission = money spent. So I don't think anyone will be doing it any time soon...

Oh, I never knew you need a permission. sweatdrop  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

yalie5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:38 pm
hey hey... Oryx and Crake.... really good book...
but lately, ever since second semester started i've been really critical about books. It's like I don't like how any book is written anymore, i find myself thinking "too much description"and "not enough description" or "this is the dumbest storyline I have ever read."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:04 pm
yalie5
but lately, ever since second semester started i've been really critical about books. It's like I don't like how any book is written anymore, i find myself thinking "too much description"and "not enough description" or "this is the dumbest storyline I have ever read."

So..can you give us a short short summary about what's the book is mainly about?  

[Bab! Co.]

7,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

yalie5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:03 am
xXHotBabiBluXx
yalie5

So..can you give us a short short summary about what's the book is mainly about?

it's a book about snowman and how the end of human civilization came. you just have to read it.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff