Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
How is Skill Determined? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CircaNineOne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:56 pm
Doug Squared
Niqhtz
ElementPro
Niqhtz
Skill:

1. Good K/D ratio = over 1.0 very good if its 1.5+
2. You have a good Win/Loss ratio
3. You go positive at least by 1 kill every match
4. If you are able to place in the Top 3 top scores in a team based objective game.

1. Obsolete due to boosters.
2. Join at the end of a game, and you lose, vice-versa. Obsolete.
3. Camp, kill 1 person, hide the rest of the game. Obsolete.
4. Facing noobs, or your team is really good at dying. Obsolete.

All of your arguments are Obsolete, my friend.

Most of these are rare. .-. They barely happen to the extent that would make them obsolete. Meh, I barely run across any of these things anyway.

S/N: Um, riot shields are noob tactics. No skill related to knife while having a shield. Lame.

Anything can be obsolete when talking about skill. It all is based on a matter of opinion. Different people think skill comes from doing noob things, some just go around and just play the game very good. Eh... I know I have skill, so bleh.

No. Riot shields do require skill. I doubt you ever went positive in SAD with one. Anyone can take one out very easily.

I completely agree. It isn't just about the weapons stats, it's aobut how you use that weapon to your playing style. I personally use the ACR as a log range gun. It has virtually no kick, and the gun feels much like the G36C fro Call of Duty 4, and that was my main gun on there.

It's all about how much experience you have, and finding which gun works best.

P.S. Niqhtz, you obviously aren't playing the same game as the rest of us, or just play for a few matches. In almost every game you will see at least one of those symptoms.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:58 pm
1v1's mean nothing in terms of skill. But I'd say how you work as a team and also individual skill is a thing of the past. Honestly if you are at all competitive in gaming then you know what GB is and that's where you see skill. smile  

A Pen!s

Endito

3,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:16 am
Exactly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 am
free for all determins youre skill  

Birdman jones

CJK132

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 pm
oK people im no trying to offend u but god damn most off u sucK bad, most of the K/D i seeing are bad a** hell, why im saying this is because my K/D is 2.18 and i use to ranK in the 5000 in-till my PS3 got stolen yea it sucK i Know....... but i belief sKill is when u can survive anything or use any gun in the gun... so be and all around player...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:07 pm
ok i think 1v1 is the best way. I did have a good k/d but dropped down cuz of them fuking noobtubers in ground warz. 1v1 quickscope FtW for me  

Kid Renegade
Vice Captain

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100

J-bling z1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:11 pm
Skill is detemined basically how good you can play against numbers like if your on a 3 man team and the other has 8 people and your team wins.My advice if you want to get better play Search and Destroy thats what I did with my friends and I got better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm
history is written by the victor

or more precisely terminalized,..i would consider technique on a long subsequent list of variables

1) weapons: the more you use them, the better you get, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use different weapons...

2) keep a posotive ratio: now I'm not saying camp, I'm saying think tactically, now i play chess, and that games very tactical, solving rubics cubes' require tactical thinking, and if you can strategically out manuver your opponents, you shall be victorious

3) being skillful: now, what i always did, was learn from past mistakes, and after doing that, i got an ac-130 twice in a match, {one for real and another from a care package that i stole} and also, try to avoid obvious traps, like if one person dies because of a knife, and your near them, try and look around, or else, you might be like some of the people that i got a triple kill knife only on, and again, don't camp

now those are probably obvious, but if you pay attention enough, you can, not anticipate your enemy, but welcome them, and then kill them.

and also a note to anyone that camps, now I'm being honest, if you camp you have to tell yourself this, 'I'm a prisoner of the block, until the gunshot sets me free' john W. creasey, man of fire.

in that case, i must've wrote the declaration of independance

pure seyelance

Endito

3,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:34 pm
Anyways, if you have any skill at all. You would know what a GB account is and you would have or be in a clan. You would make it into the top 100 and if you are very good top 10. I carry my teammates all the time, I'm not saying I have skill but that's what I see as skill.

Like I said, it depends on the person. Different people think differently of skill. Some think obviously that using a riot shield takes skill, and some think it's a noob thing. That proves my point. Everyone has their own opinions.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:01 pm
CJK132
oK people im no trying to offend u but god damn most off u sucK bad, most of the K/D i seeing are bad a** hell, why im saying this is because my K/D is 2.18 and i use to ranK in the 5000 in-till my PS3 got stolen yea it sucK i Know....... but i belief sKill is when u can survive anything or use any gun in the gun... so be and all around player...

How on earth did your PS3 get stolen?  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

pure seyelance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:59 pm
AdvanceEX
CJK132

How on earth did your PS3 get stolen?

as much as it can be a serious thing,..i don't believe this guy, i mean, he is speaking in tounges, and frankly, how can your ps3 get stolen, oh yeah, by someone robbing it from them, but anyway, wish of luck in the future i suppose  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 am
Niqhtz
Anyways, if you have any skill at all. You would know what a GB account is and you would have or be in a clan. You would make it into the top 100 and if you are very good top 10. I carry my teammates all the time, I'm not saying I have skill but that's what I see as skill.

Like I said, it depends on the person. Different people think differently of skill. Some think obviously that using a riot shield takes skill, and some think it's a noob thing. That proves my point. Everyone has their own opinions.

Im too young for gb so ill wait lol  

Kid Renegade
Vice Captain

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Fujistu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:40 am
I believe that K/D matters more in a game mode where its the most important. But in any other game mode like domination, someone has a low K/D but he always gets "Dominator".

For example: I could probably beat my brother at FFA or TDM and so on. But he will whoop my a** at domination.  
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff