Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply o.O A forum!! | !!murof A O.o
WHY HAS NO ONE YET DISCOVERED HOW TO BUILD A ROBOT!?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free MONEY
  GIMME GOLD GIMME GOLD GIMME GOLD
View Results

demon_lover69

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:24 pm
What if the Ai/robot (or, whatever it is) learns how to over ride its programming?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:41 pm
people have failed to mention the three laws of robotics for AI in the first place. thees laws are to be uneraceable and make it safer for every one.

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

i will admit ther are ways of getting rid ot theese laws, as another souce of safty ther should be a fourth law saying "the first, second, and therd law are to never be ignored by a robot at any time in its exsistance" or somthing like that.

Fiare La Amato

Tenshi the Lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:44 pm
shampoos_sis
people have failed to mention the three laws of robotics for AI in the first place. thees laws are to be uneraceable and make it safer for every one.

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

i will admit ther are ways of getting rid ot theese laws, as another souce of safty ther should be a fourth law saying "the first, second, and therd law are to never be ignored by a robot at any time in its exsistance" or somthing like that.
These laws, though very functional and calming, only work if they've been proggramed in. If something is made by something else, it automatically can't hurt it? Dr. Frankenstein's creation loathed him and sought his life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:51 pm
Yoichiro Tsukasa
shampoos_sis

These laws, though very functional and calming, only work if they've been proggramed in. If something is made by something else, it automatically can't hurt it? Dr. Frankenstein's creation loathed him and sought his life.
atomaticaly can't hurt it? i never even implyed that if some one made somthing it atomaticaly can't hurt it. (i'm not yelling i'm not flaming, only saying how i interprited what i said) though i did imply that theese laws would already be in the robots memmerey banks,  

Fiare La Amato

Tenshi the Lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:56 pm
Hopefully so, but if they where, and the AI grows to consious levels, wouldn't that go against the fact of it having rights a bit? Constriction of free will? Then, as I mentioned earlier, the problems might start, albeit in a few at first.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:57 pm
Dr. Frankenstein was infact a real person and had tryed to create a person out of stolen grave boddy parts, the night he tryed this he died (my suspitoins from the decaing flesh) with all the boddy parts scatered about on the floor next to him.  

Fiare La Amato

Fiare La Amato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:02 pm
Yoichiro Tsukasa
Hopefully so, but if they where, and the AI grows to consious levels, wouldn't that go against the fact of it having rights a bit? Constriction of free will? Then, as I mentioned earlier, the problems might start, albeit in a few at first.
people are you could say naturaly racist, they will not give a robot any rights untill you can prove its humanity.(i am no speaking for my self just my understanding of humans)

thers a nother safty device for things like that, a three year life span, its garented to "die" in three years.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:04 pm
That would be expensive though, having to buy a new one every 3 years.  

my dog ate my sanity
Crew

Tenshi the Lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:05 pm
shampoos_sis
Dr. Frankenstein was infact a real person and had tryed to create a person out of stolen grave boddy parts, the night he tryed this he died (my suspitoins from the decaing flesh) with all the boddy parts scatered about on the floor next to him.
I remember it as, when the moster came to life, the Dr, from sheer disgust at what he has created, expelled his creation from his lab. After travelling for some time, the creature found no place to be accepted, except by a blind person who died shortly after their meeting, thus learning that he is a monster to man and sought the Dr to end his life for starting his un-wanted existence. I may need to just read my books again's all. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:06 pm
Yoichiro Tsukasa
shampoos_sis
I remember it as, when the moster came to life, the Dr, from sheer disgust at what he has created, expelled his creation from his lab. After travelling for some time, the creature found no place to be accepted, except by a blind person who died shortly after their meeting, thus learning that he is a monster to man and sought the Dr to end his life for starting his un-wanted existence. I may need to just read my books again's all. ^_^

The one she said really happened, and the one you said was a story based on the reality.  

my dog ate my sanity
Crew

Tenshi the Lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:09 pm
shampoos_sis
Yoichiro Tsukasa
people are you could say naturaly racist, they will not give a robot any rights untill you can prove its humanity.(i am no speaking for my self just my understanding of humans)

thers a nother safty device for things like that, a three year life span, its garented to "die" in three years.
But adding all these stipulations just takes more and more rights away from a potentialy sentient being. Humans get humanity. Robots should get something else to the same level, if they are self thinking, learning, and socialy functional. Doesn't that make them just like us?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:09 pm
my dog ate my sanity
That would be expensive though, having to buy a new one every 3 years.
yes but it would be more like in the furue and they would find cheaper ways of making them and all that stuff  

Fiare La Amato

Tenshi the Lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:10 pm
my dog ate my sanity
Yoichiro Tsukasa
shampoos_sis

The one she said really happened, and the one you said was a story based on the reality.
Yar, thanks for the clear up. Me brain's bin boggled as of just late, lass. Thank ye. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:18 pm
Yoichiro Tsukasa
shampoos_sis
Yoichiro Tsukasa

But adding all these stipulations just takes more and more rights away from a potentialy sentient being. Humans get humanity. Robots should get something else to the same level, if they are self thinking, learning, and socialy functional. Doesn't that make them just like us?
I understand what your saying but to the USA at least ist like saying a gorilla should have the same constitutional rights as humans.( i personaly hate my goverment right now and we searyously should restart not like it won't happen again but i don't wand a goverment mainly controled by reptilian half breads from another dimention) also i have a fealing that they will try to make as manny laws to infact reduce the posabilaty of a robot being consitered a human.  

Fiare La Amato

-dipkittydumbdog-
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:20 pm
Jessie!  
o.O A forum!! | !!murof A O.o

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items