Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Halo:Reach is here, What do you think of it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Halo:Reach; You looking forward to it?
  Hell Yeah! Bring on the Covenant!
  New Halo; not what I was hoping for, but I'll still play it
  Halo: Reach is a fail ( :< Sad face if you pick this)
View Results

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:39 pm
I'm not going to be able to get it tonight ( Oddly, almost a hundred thousand people already have the game, despite the fact it isn't officially out until tonight...wierd, eh?) but I may be able to get it tommorrow....if not then, then I will most certainly get it on wednsday....Hopefully, it will be what I preordered; LEGENDARY edition, hell yeah!

So, when I do get it(And I WILL get it this week, no questions about it), I'll change this thread to a "Now that you've played it, what do you think of it?"...now, I must go, and get some rest, for when I get Reach, sleep is a secondary concern...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:05 pm
My friends all have it but I dont yet crying
I really need to get it. They say its the best Halo to date.
Halo = heart

Gingerznapz

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:53 pm
well, I got it on Wednsday....And it kicks a**. no question about it. the campaign is epic, the fact that you have to do some of the daily challenges on campaign means I will continue to gleefully kill Covenant by the dozens, and the matchmaking is excellent. Theres issues, though, with Forge World: The teleporters seem to hate Covenant ground vehicles when you set the teleporters to accept vehicles- you can go through one end, then come back.....and end up shot literally a hundred feet into the air and headed for your inevitable death ( which counts as a suicide most of the time, oddly). Aside from that rather perplexing and aggravating glitch/error/I-don't-know-what-to-call-it, Forge World is awesome... even if the water seems to kill guys wearing vaccuum rated power armor like pirhanna on a bleeding cow.

anywho, thats all I'm posting for now....back to playing Reach (and jamming knives into enemy palyers kind enough-or stupid enough- to turn their backs to me)

My Xbox LIVE Gamertag is TribalBloodWing if you wish to fight with or against me...its all the same to me. Later folks.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 pm
im sorry but...halo sux x3  

Laharl Star

Original Knight

12neowolf34

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:45 pm
From what I played of it,I thought it was pretty decent. Much more challenging on legendary than the others.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:47 pm
Very much so.... Completing a mission on Legendary- Without dying once- is incredible hard to do...once you've played it on Legendary for a while, Heroic is tame.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Astral The Fox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:32 pm
hmm. Nope. I hate Halo actually. X3 Too popular. Its like Vampires.... it just does not know when to quit. Its keeping other, and overall much better games out of the spotlight. Like what about Red Dead Redemption? i dont hear much talk of that, yet it was still an awesome game. Or what about Dead Rising 2? I hear even less about that. And man oh man, its like Marvel V.S Capcom 3 doesent even exist! I dunno. Maybe im lookin the wrong places.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:59 pm
*sigh* I do believe I mentioned that this was a thread about discussing Reach, not that you hate it. And for another, I need more context, Astral, for which game you are comparing Halo to; I've never heard of any game series called Vampires.

Another thing: you may hate it, but plenty of people LOVE it, and saying you dislike it due to its popularity is like saying you hate Ice Cream because it is too tasty. Faulty logic. I agree with you that Red Dead Redemption is a excellent game, a successful change of pace from Rockstar, even though it has a few issues with Free Roam ( Like how if another player shoots you dead, you spawn FAR too close to were you died...I've had it where I've been shot with a Sniper Rifle, spawned in....and immediatly gotten headshot again because I spawned only 40 feet or so away.)

Dead Rising 2....I hated the Original simply because a lot of the game requires that you aquire certain items BEFORE you do a specific mission, and the save system was simply retarded to deal with....I'll reserve judgment of number two until I can try Case Zero.

In short, Astral, I set this thread up to discuss Halo:Reach.... I don't mind other stuff being discussed here, but try to keep biases OUT of here...

All that stuff aside, who here feels that Reach is going to eclipse Black Ops when it comes out in a few months? My opinion is, and don't think I am a COD hater for it, is that Black Ops is going to be merely mediocre; All the "New" stuff in it has been done before. In some cases, been around for years. Example: Black Ops is going to have a Theater mode. All well and good...save Halo 3 has been out for three years, and it had a Theater mode from day one. Take also the "Character Customization" option thats (Finally) going into Black Ops; Many, MANY games have had character customization options for literally years, and its only NOW the COD series gets it?

Again, when it comes out, I will buy it and test it out to see how good it is, and I'll revise my opinion of it as needed; I may love Halo, but I am also willing to accept other games as equal or even superior to it. In any case, I must get back to playing Reach... Later folks.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Riccarlit

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 pm
I may not have tried it personally because my xbox killed over but I've read a lot into it and even read reviews from those on FA. I also did research on it from several sources.
First, I am a long time halo fan and played it ever since it came out. Halo Combat Evolved still is number one in all halo games.
Anyways, I like Reach due to all the perks you get with equipment, selecting your armor and so on, love the stealth kills...
But it did shy away from the normal halo type game play. Due to all the perks and equipment. Master Chief didn't have them when he was on the Pillar of Autumn and such. He had no jet pack or could sprint. I kinda think they should have had the sprint part from the start. But thats me. Anyways, Reach has it goods. But as I learn that the AI blows due to their firing system to only fire when they are cornered or fired on first, I can't really remember. Anyways, I think that is a perk for some stealth type combat... But thats me. In away I did wish that you could use every vehicle you could find right away from Halo 2 but you know how it goes with upgrading...
Down to it... I have heard that Reach is the last Halo and it saddens me to hear that because Halo was good over all. Halo 2 pissed me off though. But when Bungie wanted to go out with a bang, they didn't lie. Reach is something I look forward to playing for years to come...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 am
Correction: It's BUNGIE's last Halo....343 Industries may continue the series, but it won't be Bungie doing it.....like they tried to do for Halo Wars ( I say tried, because, although the story and the Cinematics for it kicked a**, series wise, it doesn't fit in.)

Personally, I hope the Halo Movie they've been talking about ever since the first days of Halo 3 is finally made. I mean, they've already done Live-Action Halo shorts, why can't they do a movie?  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items