Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[Class]Curses, Hexes, and Spells (Assignment, Page 8) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucifer Force

Sparkling Senshi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:01 pm
Being new had its ups and downs.

The map she carried led Carthusia to the classroom brimming with students with an interest in magic. Good good! As a demon, she had some vested interest in the subject and would like to learn more. Plus it would earn her brownie points with the faculty when she did well in the class. Unfortunately, being new meant she was late in signing up. She hurried inside and picked up one of the tomes placed for student access and sat down in an available desk towards the front. So far, so good. Cracking open the book, Carry started to skim it for now. It was apparent to her after some time that the class hadn't started yet, so the demoness let out the breath she was holding.

No, no, make it look like something else, not like you were nervous about being late and the first impressions and all that! Confidence, girl! Confidence! See that succubus over there? Stick your nose up like her!

Carthusia's inner monologue helped brighten her spirits a little as she relaxed and sat back, calmly reading over the text from the beginning. There, look interested! I mean, you are interested, but still, look the part! You have to do well in here to get ahead!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:20 pm
Gabrian was late. He was oh-so-very late, jackdamnit! He'd gotten lost on his way to class, and as he finally found the door, the Nix cursed once more under his breath before collecting himself, preparing to hopefully slip in unnoticed. He was going to blame the fact the damned school was a labyrinth, rather than his apparently abysmal sense of direction. Taking a deep, calming breath, he schooled his features into what he thought was indifference, rather than nervousness and slowly slipped into the class... hopefully unnoticed.

He then slipped into a seat near Carthusia and tried his hardest to seem as inconspicuous as possible. Which was rather hard, given the fact his tail was twitching about behind him even after he'd found his place, a tell-tale sign that he was nervous, despite appearances.  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:48 am
((So sorry about all the delay, guys! But I finally have everything ready to go. Thanks so much for waiting! Here we go!))

"Enough", said Audley after the last few students had slipped into the classroom. The door slowly closed, pushed by Audley's golem's Horace and Jasper. Hugo continued to flit excitedly back and forth in an orbit around her head. She indulged him.

"I don't mind students being a little late the first day. This Academy is rather large after all and not everyone has a fantastic sense of direction. From now on, however, I expect you to be on time."

She spoke this in the general direction of the back of the room and paused for a second to let her words sink in.

"Now, on to today's lesson. I could have you open the books and start memorizing. However, I want to impress upon you that spells, curses, and hexes are often original and improvised. First, let me explain the differences between the three.

Spells are very useful and have an advantage in the fact that they rarely have a consequence for you, the caster. However, they are not as powerful. Curses and hexes are a bit more similar. Curses are more powerful than spells, but the caster has to be very careful when casting them. Hexes are the most powerful, but always have a consequence of some kind upon the caster. This may mean that during a battle, you may not be able to move, cast another spell for awhile, etc. For all three, the important thing to keep in mind is the intent. You have to conceptualize what you want the spell, curse, or hex to accomplish. I say conceptualize because you can't just visualize what you want to happen. You must see the results, hear it, feel it, occasionally even smell or taste it.
"

To emphasize her point, Audley brought out her scythe and with a few complicated hand gestures and quiet words, large platters of delicious food appeared before each student, wafting wonderful smells around the classroom. They disappeared again before any student had a chance to dig in.

"Not a very useful spell, but can be good for distracting. Anyways, for today's lesson, each of you is going to write your own spell. You will be given a general and generic name for the spell and you must come up with what the spell does. Describe it for me. Then, you must come up with how to cast it. Find a hand gesture that seems appropriate. Also, come up with the words. Spells love rhymes. They can be complicated or simple, a few lines or many, but they must rhyme.

At the end of the class, I will help each student attempt to cast their original spell. Those that work will pass the lesson. Those that fail may be given another chance. I will also choose a few favorites out of spells and demonstrate them myself. Now, hop to it. You may approach me at my desk if you need any assistance.
" Her expression at this last statement discouraged any such behavior.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:56 am
((Okay, students, here is what's going to happen.

Everybody should visit this website. You can generate 10 (ten) names under the Simple to Complex category. You choose 1 (one) of those names as the name of your spell. Pick whichever one you like, but please choose only one of those.

Then, describe the spell for me. What would happen, what the effects would be, etc. Be as descriptive as you like!

Then, describe how the caster would cast the spell. What kind of hand gesture and what the incantation is. Remember! It should rhyme! There is no specific work sheet, so just type it out in your post. When you are done, in a separate post, roll one six-sided dice and type out your character attempting to perform the spell.

There is no real right or wrong to this assignment. Just have fun with it! And PM me with any questions.))  

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 pm

Alright this didn't seem too hard, but then again nothing was never as simple as it might seem. Sin began by repeating her spells names a few times in her head and then softly beneath her breath.
"Absorbs Mud
Accursed Strength
Dexterity Conjuration
Energy Conjuration
Envenomed Rain
Feline's Anger
Incatation of Cruelty
Lava Absorbtion
The Knife of Crystal
The Sun of Generosity"

Once she had whispered them all a few times to herself she settled on one and closed her eyes focusing on it. "Feline's Anger...Feline's Anger..." She repeated and then slowly tried to figure out a proper rhyme.

"Feline's Anger
Swiftly grow
Cat's eyes watch
Cat's eyes glow
Give me the power of your claw
Until my enemy does withdraw."

She waved her hands a few times and then then flicked her fingers trying to decide which gestures to use. She felt a little silly putting all this effort into something when she wasn't even sure it would work. Still he was trying, and that had to count for something right? She sucked in a breath and then practiced softly to herself a few more times before deciding to try the spell.

Roxy_roxanna2 rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Sin took one more deep breath and then tried to relax, tried to visualize and feel her own demon sharp claws becoming stronger, sharper, curved, and dangerous. She slowly lifted her hands and moved them slowly before her eyes.

"Feline's Anger
Swiftly Grow
Cat's eyes watch
Cat's eyes glow..."

She flicked her fingers out and slowly began to lower them her fingers curling in a bit.

"Give me the power of your claw
Until my enemy does withdraw!"

She flicked her hands out and looked down at them hopefully.

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:48 pm
Colette sat up as Professor Grim spoke and listened intensely, taking in every word. Any class was important to her, but this was a class particularly focused on something most, if not all, Reapers should be able to do, and that made the class very important. She made a note to remember the difference between the three and continued listening, and when she received instruction on the first assignment she couldn't be happier. It seemed fun. You get to work your own spell! And Prof. Grim hand picking her favorites just gave Colette even more drive to do her best.

Tapping her pen against the table top, the Reaper stared at her paper in thought. What would be a good spell? The first thing that always came to mind was improving her swords, or offense in general, so she dwindled around the category. Upon mustering up an idea, Colette bit the inside of her cheek and quickly began writing. She had figured out what she wanted to do.

Quote:
______"Weapons of Dire Cold: A spell that allows the caster to enchant their weapon(s). The weapon's blade is given a deathly cold touch that improve the weapon(s) by giving it attributes from severely low temperatures such as the ability to cause freezing and frostbite.

______To cast the spell, recite the incantation while performing the proper gestures of, (1: Single Weapon) on the word "touch", run your hand down the weapon's blade once slowly and after the word "cold", blow onto the blade.

______or

______(2: Multiple Weapons) On the word "touch", run the blades of your weapons down each other once slowly and after the word "cold", blow onto the blades.

______Incantation (Single Weapon):

_________Without a flame in sight, let it burn to the touch
_________A temperature that is not "too much"
_________One that is, in fact, very little yet bold
_________Make this a weapon of dire cold.

______Incantation (Multiple Weapons):

_________Without a flame in sight, let them burn to the touch
_________A temperature that is not "too much"
_________One that is in fact very little yet bold
_________Make these weapons of dire cold.
"

After reading over what she wrote, Colette creased her paper flat and stood up for a bit of room. It was time to attempt this creation. She only hoped she didn't fail miserably.

S a l l y S h e e p rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:20 pm
The Reaper nervously reached for the two swords on her back. Holding them tight and moving her arms into an outstretched position, she looked at the two, sighing, "Well, here goes nothing." Their curious cooing-growls only made her hope even more that nothing went wrong and hurt her beloveds.

With a calm and somewhat quiet voice as to not draw attention to herself, Colette began the incantation.

"Without a flame in sight, let them burn to the touch," she promptly placed the start of each sword's blade together and began slowly running them down each other, "a temperature that is not 'too much'," the blades were at the halfway mark, "one that is in fact very little, yet bold," the blades had just finished touching and with a slightly louder tone, she spoke the last of the incantation, "make these weapons of dire cold!" and brought the swords together before hurriedly blowing from the start of the blades to the tip.

Colette gave a quick plead in her head, Please work, and looked at her swords in anticipation.

S a l l y S h e e p

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 pm
Now things were really getting started! Flashing Professor Grimm her best "Right on it, Ma'am!" smile, Belladonna grabbed her favorite notebook (it had glitter AND black and pink stripes on it!) and a pen and began scribbling down spell names. Some names had little rhymes written down next to them, but most were either scribbled out or just had little dots of uncertainty written next to them. In fact, Belladonna had been so consumed with the idea of just writing spell names that she had forgotten to pick one until two others began summoning their own spells. Her eyes widened as she watched the other two say their words. She wanted to perform her spell and do her best! EEK!

Pink eyes turned back to the page before her and Belladonna looked over the names... Hmmm...
Quote:
Air Rain
Become Tritons
Charm of Triumph and Insanity
Cursed Net of Stone
Incatation of Alter Energy
Lightning Blasts
Massive Walls
Perfected Witchery of Worth
Sapphire Negation
Sword Breaking

Well, 'Air Rain' sounded kind of dumb...And The Charm of Triumph and Insanity had its own special merits, she was sure... But it was 'Perfected Witchery of Worth' that she chose. (Hopefully Professor Grimm would like it because it appealed to witches specifically!)

Quickly Belladonna scrawled the instructions under the name:
Quote:
Perfected Witchery of Worth: A spell that rains down healing coins upon its caster. The caster must catch the falling coins and the more coins caught, the more healing is produced. Each coin gives the caster one health point.

To preform, the caster must first raise their casting hand into the air and say the words "Coins of worth, coins of mirth/
Grant me with your special birth".
At this point the coins will appear and the caster must hold out their hands to catch as many coins as possible, while chanting:
"Fall to me, oh yellow leaves
To be spent as I so please"
Once the coins are caught, the caster must end the spell with:
"Heal me, coins of worth
Bring to me, what I desire
Fly to me, coins of mirth
Relight my fighting fire!".

Alright! That looked pretty awesome, and Belladonna was feeling really proud of herself. Sure, the spell could have used some more hand movements, maybe a twirl or two, but she didn't want to push it. Not for the first class. Maybe the second spell, but not this one!  
AyeAvast rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:31 pm
With the spell all written up, all that was left was to stand up and preform the darn thing.

The witch took a deep breath before raising her right hand into the air, making sure to keep her head down.

"Coins of worth, coins of mirth
Grant me with your special birth!" Immediately she dropped her hands so that her elbows were tucked into her waist with her hands out before her, palms up.

"Fall to me, oh yellow leaves
To be spent as I so please.
Fall to me, oh yellow leaves
To be spent as I so please!"

Fingers closed around what she hoped she had caught, before snapping her eyes open.
"Heal me, coins of worth
Bring to me, what I desire
Fly to me, coins of mirth
Relight my fighting fire!"

WHEW! Had that gone well? Belladonna looked up to Professor Grimm, a small, unsure smile waiting to bloom as she paused to see the teacher's reaction.  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

Lucifer Force

Sparkling Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:10 am
Twiddling her thumbs together, Carthusia went to working on her spell names. She'd whipped open the small notebook she had with her (leather bound and appropriately demonic looking, of course. There were other demons in the room to impress!) and began to scribble down itself. Some of the others were doing quite well, and she wanted to make sure the professor knew how hard she would work in this class! Fevered scratchings produced a strange list of spell names she could choose from, but Carthusia then had to worry about making the incantation to go along with it! Focus! One thing at a time!

Quote:

Arrows of Unknowable Thought
Calling of Control
Dreamer's Blast of Light
Glorious Ooze Assault
Golem's Defending
Holy Shocking
Massive Gyser of Muck
Nondetection Alteration
The Fortuitous Witchery of Ether
Wonderful Weapons of Lava

Hmm, now witch looked the best? Carthusia blinked at herself. Glorious Ooze Assault? That sounded... terrible at its very best. How embarrassing. Shaking her head, the demon ran through the rest of the list and decided upon the Arrows of Unknowable Thought. That sounded badass, right? Impressive, right? Carry nodded to herself and listened to the other students chant their incantations. Quickly, she wrote down the instructions to her spell.

Quote:

Arrows of Unknowable Thought - Produces a magical quiver and bow with which the caster turns their thoughts into ammunition. The strength of the thought determines the number of arrows.

To cast the spell, the caster must mimic an archer in stance and pretend to hold a bow and arrow while saying the following words:

"Bounty of the mind
Respond in kind
Make my enemy shiver
With the thoughts in my quiver.
Grant me the skill
to let my thoughts take flight
To maim or to kill
I will win this fight!"

There. That didn't sound too dorky in her head and might actually be pretty useful! Now she just had to perform it. Jacking hell...  
Lucifer Force rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:13 am
Carthusia stood up from her desk and pulled one hand back, measuring her stance to mimic that of an archer. Her other hand was extended out, as if directing the very tip of an invisible arrow. She hoped and prayed this would work so she wouldn't feel so much like a failure in one of her very first classes. Taking a deep breath, she recited the words she wrote in her book for the spell to take place.

"Bounty of the mind
Respond in kind
Make my enemy shiver
With the thoughts in my quiver.
Grant me the skill
to let my thoughts take flight
To maim or to kill
I will win this fight!"

The demoness looked down at her hands, hoping a bow and arrow would appear like she had written. Did it work...? She looked to the teacher for her approval, smiling nervously.  

Lucifer Force

Sparkling Senshi

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:29 am
Pulling a sheet of paper from her notebook, Hadiyya set about coming up with a few ideas for spells. The first was really quite obvious, with her ability to manipulate water, anything have to do with improving upon that, or making water readily available was likely to be top priority. But for the sake of keeping an open mind she jotted down a few more that seemed interesting or down right amusing.

Quote:
Conjure Water
Distant Holding
Divination of Barbarism
Glowing Chains of Magma
Gyser of Foul Nondetection
Mirror Poisoning
Platinum Assaults
Sorcery of Energy and Necromancy
The Pit of Glibness
The Sword of Strength

(Conjure Water really did pop up first, I LOLed so hard. xD)

In the end, she settled on the most useful an down right logical choice, and drew a looping circle around 'Conjure Water'. Now, onto describing the spell and it's functions, how to cast it, and the incantation itself.

Quote:

Conjure Water - A spell to summon water to the hand of the caster to be used as they so desire. The strength of the caster determines the amount of water.

To cast the spell, the caster must extend their hands to either side and draw them inward in a fluid sweep, crossing at the rest before coming to rest with one held above, and one below. Speaking the incantation with the motion. Water to be summoned gathers between the two hands.

Incantation-
Endless cycle, form and evaporation,
Flowing currents and precipitation.
Come to my words, out of the land,
and Conjure Water to my hand.

Rereading her work, Yaya didn't think the spell was half bad. Perhaps not as amazing as Professor Audley or her spells, but not terrible. There was easily room to add to it later, should she need to. It would do.

Getting to her feet, the marid moved to a bit of clear space within the classroom.

Beejoux rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:30 am
Rolling and post save. Will fill it in later.  

Beejoux

Crew

Wrathful Demigod

Sherpuff

Tactical Tycoon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 pm
((Just wanted to day you guys are doing great! Just right! I'll have Audley step in and grade those that are done tomorrow, since it may take awhile for others to post. <3 ))

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff