Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Would you regret having been an Atheist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you regret it?
  Yes
  No
  Gimme gold.
View Results

decaZetta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:40 pm
Tiptoer
How do you know of these levels? Know a link to a list of the supposed levels? They caught my eye, so I wanted to know what an atheist would supposedly go.

The level's are from the epic poem "The Divine Comedy: Inferno" by Dante.
Link

No regrets here because if god is all knowing then he must have not wanted me to be in heaven to begin with because he would have known before I was born that I could never go to heaven because he would have known that I don't believe in him even before I did. Besides he never did try to stop me from not believeing in him.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:49 pm
xd Eighth level, fifth ditch: corrupt politicians.

I can look down from my burning tomb and laugh at 3/4 of the United States government.

S. Shark

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:32 pm
Oh no, tehre is a test for inferno to see where you go somewhere.... I am guilty of everything except lust and being a "virtous pagan" and tehrefore go straight to teh bottom biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:06 pm
Hey... Wasn't Satan one of Gods highest angels? And aren't all angels hella hot? Hmm... The prospect isn't so bad looking at that... Ah, bat wings are kinda sexy anyway wink

Also, my friend, an unorthadox Mormon, said that Mormons believe that God will take you in front of him and ask you if you believe in him, you can answer there. And if you can look him straight in the eye and still say no, then you're going down (*ding ding* sixth floor?)

Alas, I've been told I'm going to Hell so many times by bible thumpers there really isn't a lot of doubt in my mind that I am. If there be one. *crosses fingers* If there is, please let Satan still be hot, please let Satan still be hot, please let Satan still be hot.  

PickleBoy

Orichalcon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:30 am
PickleBoy
Also, my friend, an unorthadox Mormon, said that Mormons believe that God will take you in front of him and ask you if you believe in him, you can answer there. And if you can look him straight in the eye and still say no, then you're going down (*ding ding* sixth floor)

I love Mormons, I really do. Though I haven't heard this one yet because my Mormon relatives have officially given up on me biggrin .

More to the point, if that were to really happen, then I hope God can take sarcasm, because I wouldn't be able to hold it back.

Quote:
God: Do you beleive in me?
Me: No, God. I'm staring you right in the damn face and I still don't beleive in you. Maybe I'm just blind?

Oh, and by the way, I think there's some part of scripture (can't remember exactly and too lazy to look it up right now) that refers to Lucifer as the most beautiful of god's angels. The jury is still out as to whether or not he still looks like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:24 pm
Tiptoer
How do you know of these levels? Know a link to a list of the supposed levels? They caught my eye, so I wanted to know what an atheist would supposedly go.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv
Here's a quiz that might help you figure out for where you're destined. ;]  

iviary

Orichalcon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:27 pm
iviary
Tiptoer

::bored...takes test::
Quote:

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very High
Level 2 | Very Low
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Very Low
Level 5 | Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis | High
Level 7 | Low
Level 8- the Malebolge | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

actually rather surprising...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:15 pm
Orichalcon
iviary
Tiptoer

::bored...takes test::
Quote:

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very High
Level 2 | Very Low
Level 3 | Low
Level 4 | Very Low
Level 5 | Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis | High
Level 7 | Low
Level 8- the Malebolge | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

actually rather surprising...
I got 5 3nodding  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Tiptoer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:48 am
(Click on a level for more info)
Level Who are sent there? Score
Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Low
Level 2 Lustful High
Level 3 Gluttonous Moderate
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious High
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High
Level 7 Violent Very High
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous High

Wow, if you knew me, you'd be very surprised.I think I got this because I said I get depressed, have attempting suicde, and have suicide thoughts. I got high on lvl 8 and 9 too....., but I'm not treacherous or fraudlent....
That's a weird quiz.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:37 am
Yeah I ownz all of you... I got very high on all the bad stuff and got an Extreme rating (yes there is one) for gluttony... even though I am not fat I eat tons.

Essentially, I'm taking three steps down and boom saying "Hello satan, heh, little close together aren't we? Um, ya might wanna get away from me?"

Somehow though I don't have that high a score on lust....  

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:20 pm
Ugh, *sigh* Sad face! I won't be joining most of you in Limbo, alas, I'm an Extreme Heretic. twisted

Purgatory (Repenting Believers): Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo - (Virtuous Non-Believers): Low
Level 2 (Lustful): Moderate
Level 3 (Gluttonous): Very High
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious): High
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy): Very High
Level 6 - The City of Dis - (Heretics): Extreme
Level 7 (Violent): High
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers): High
Level 9 - Cocytus - (Treacherous): Moderate

I wonder what my mother would say... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:25 pm
Woot city of dis here i come!!! Im a Heretic and Malicious person. love me!

Level 2 Lustful Moderate
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy High
Level 7 Violent High
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Moderate
Why am i not more lustful?  

E_Night

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:17 pm
Well first of all, if I died and it turned out that there was a god, heaven, and hell, I don't think I would go to hell. Dispite my beliefs, I still lived my life aspiring to be a good person. I would think a god of infinate love and understanding would see the gooodness in me and allow me into heaven. But for the sake of interesting conversation we'll go with your scenario in which god is in fact willing to send me to hell based soely on my beliefs. If this were the case, I would become the anti-christ. I can not stand by and allow a egotistical and judgment god rule over the earth, and if I need join the army of hell in order to bring him down then so be it. To condemn people to an eternity of hell simply because they didn't believe is proposterous! What if they never heard of religion or they were raised to believe differently. Now if god only punished Atheists because we had the opportunity to believe but we shunned it, then ******** him! Even if I knew for sure, I'd still see it unlikely and wouldn't blame anyone for comming to my conclusion, so once again I'd lead a war against him. I just wouldn't like god if he were like that and I'd just give my best to bring him down.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:01 pm
Dathu
Well first of all, if I died and it turned out that there was a god, heaven, and hell, I don't think I would go to hell. Dispite my beliefs, I still lived my life aspiring to be a good person. I would think a god of infinate love and understanding would see the gooodness in me and allow me into heaven. But for the sake of interesting conversation we'll go with your scenario in which god is in fact willing to send me to hell based soely on my beliefs. If this were the case, I would become the anti-christ. I can not stand by and allow a egotistical and judgment god rule over the earth, and if I need join the army of hell in order to bring him down then so be it. To condemn people to an eternity of hell simply because they didn't believe is proposterous! What if they never heard of religion or they were raised to believe differently. Now if god only punished Atheists because we had the opportunity to believe but we shunned it, then ******** him! Even if I knew for sure, I'd still see it unlikely and wouldn't blame anyone for comming to my conclusion, so once again I'd lead a war against him. I just wouldn't like god if he were like that and I'd just give my best to bring him down.

I was under the impression that folks that have never learned about God get to go to Purgatory. But then, I guess purgatory is just a Catholic thing. I'm not sure how other Christian denominations stand on that, but since they're always running off to save the heathens in third world countries, I'd guess they think they go to hell for being ignorant. So, it just depends on whose interpretation you go by. But as Atheists that have "shunned" god, we're most certainly doomed to the depths of hell, no matter who you ask. Apparently leading a virtuous life isn't enough. {rolls eyes} Being a logical person, it seems virtue would weigh more heavily than blind faith, but hey, I'm not a God, either.  

iviary

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:53 am
E_Night
Woot city of dis here i come!!! Im a Heretic and Malicious person. love me!

Level 2 Lustful Moderate
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy High
Level 7 Violent High
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Very High
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Moderate
Why am i not more lustful?

I dunno, I think it is because certain people seek dominance more than pure secks. That is me anyway biggrin  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff