Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:04 pm
Wishboxx
Shanna66
im not saying that we all go around nude and try to weark skanky clothes. im saying that sometimes its nice to look at yourself in the mirror and not cringe and feel disgust at what you see.

yes i am christian and as long as that music doesnt affect my relationship with god then why shouldnt it matter?

@ scarlet
probably what society has force fed me sweatdrop

That's just it though. It's the value that people put on appearances. You cringe or praise yourself based on how you look that day. That's not the way it should be. We should be ashamed or appreciative for the way we behave and the values/morals we carry with ourselves. We Christians should be more focused on what makes us better Christians and not what makes us aesthetically pleasing to ourselves or others.

You'd be surprised, but it really does effect your relationship with God. The mouth speaks what the heart is filled with. What she says in her songs clearly shows what's in her heart. Why anyone wants to fill themselves with such negativity is beyond me. She is effecting your relationship with the Lord whether you see it or not. Do you feel any closer to the Lord when you listen to Lady Gaga? If your answer is no, then why do you continue to invest effort and time into something that just takes time and effort away from your relationship with God. If your answer is yes, think of how strong your relationship with God would be if you listened to music that wasn't so heavy with sin.

There's more than enough scripture in the bible to accompany my words, so it's not like I'm speaking out of my butt. But it is your choice to either follow the word of God or ignore it.

i dont feel that everything i do in my life has to bring me closer to god. when i draw or play a game that doesnt bring me closer to god but it doesnt affect my relationship with him. some things i do for god and some things i do for myself, its selfish of me but thats what human nature is  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:10 pm
Shanna66

i dont feel that everything i do in my life has to bring me closer to god. when i draw or play a game that doesnt bring me closer to god but it doesnt affect my relationship with him. some things i do for god and some things i do for myself, its selfish of me but thats what human nature is

Should we be okay with it, though? Should we just throw our hands in the air and just shrug at the thought of our sins and carnal desires are "human nature"? If it's selfish of you and you acknowledge it, why do you continue to do it?  

Wishboxx

Fighting Fefnir

Perfect Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:14 pm
Wishboxx
Shanna66

Should we be okay with it, though? Should we just throw our hands in the air and just shrug at the thought of our sins and carnal desires are "human nature"? If it's selfish of you and you acknowledge it, why do you continue to do it?

Umm... because some things are inconsequential? Not to answer for her, but just because something is human nature doesn't automatically make it bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:20 pm
Fighting Fefnir

Umm... because some things are inconsequential? Not to answer for her, but just because something is human nature doesn't automatically make it bad.

I agree with you to some extent. But Lady Gaga isn't one of those things. I do agree with what you said about Lady Gaga not being a part of the Illuminati and people making a bigger deal about her supposed subliminal messages than needs to be done. However, I believe that she's very influential over society in all the wrong ways.  

Wishboxx

Fighting Fefnir

Perfect Winner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:32 pm
Wishboxx
Fighting Fefnir

I agree with you to some extent. But Lady Gaga isn't one of those things. I do agree with what you said about Lady Gaga not being a part of the Illuminati and people making a bigger deal about her supposed subliminal messages than needs to be done. However, I believe that she's very influential over society in all the wrong ways.

I'd say she's no more influential than any other musician out there. Sure, being a celebrity, she garners more attention than most regular people can, but if we're going to start saying she's influential, we can't ignore that everyone of a similar status to her has exactly the same power.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:45 pm
Fighting Fefnir
Wishboxx
Fighting Fefnir

I'd say she's no more influential than any other musician out there. Sure, being a celebrity, she garners more attention than most regular people can, but if we're going to start saying she's influential, we can't ignore that everyone of a similar status to her has exactly the same power.

I don't doubt that. Anyone famous is going to be influential to some degree. But is she someone that we should emulate? No. Is she someone we should look up to? No. Is she setting a bad example for others? Yes. And believe it or not, many people are dumb enough to be lead by her. There are many celebrities out there that are doing good and creating a positive impact on the world. She, however, is not someone that is a good role model, someone we should praise, or someone we should aspire to be. But that's just my stand on this particular discussion.  

Wishboxx

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:57 pm
Erm, not to butt in, but when you said earlier, Wish-

"You cringe or praise yourself based on how you look that day. That's not the way it should be. We should be ashamed or appreciative for the way we behave and the values/morals we carry with ourselves."

I don't know if Lady Gaga is flaunting her body out of pride or not, but I agree that we shouldn't be afraid of who we are. God wants us to love ourselves, too.

Pride is when you purposefully show off to the extent where others feel bad, actually SHOWING off. Being confident in one's self is not the same as being sinfully prideful.

Jesus, Others, Yourself. God wants us to lead good lives, and pass times aren't a bad thing either. He is happy when we praise and love him, but also when we please each other, or are happy with ourselves. I don't know if Lady Gaga is 'influential', on me at least, because I don't even know half the things she's saying. (I don't pay attention, I'm a musician/percussionist, so I listen to the tunes/beats) I love God, and I don't really like songs that DIS him, so I don't listen to those songs. What Lady Gaga is singing (from the songs I've heard, at least) yes, I've heard sinful nature... (I want your love, I don't wanna be friends = lustful :/ ) and I don't agree with her. Just because I listen to what she's singing, it doesn't mean she's going to change my morals since I'm firm in my faith and morals. It's sad she thinks that way, but we're not gonna turn into people like her because of her music.

(after seeing the last post)

True, there are some people who would look up to her when it comes to morals.... I think that's sad too. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:14 pm
I agree with you that we should be confident. But having confidence in ourselves and pride are two different things, you know? I'm not sure if Lady Gaga flaunts her body because of pride, but that remark was aimed more towards the person I quoted. We shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies, but we shouldn't be prideful about them either. They're not even ours to begin with.  

Wishboxx

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:22 pm
Wishboxx
I agree with you that we should be confident. But having confidence in ourselves and pride are two different things, you know? I'm not sure if Lady Gaga flaunts her body because of pride, but that remark was aimed more towards the person I quoted. We shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies, but we shouldn't be prideful about them either. They're not even ours to begin with.

I agree with.... everything you just typed there. ^_^ Pride isn't confidence, and that's the thing that was confused in earlier posts. (or what I thought was causing some of the argument) God gave us so much, the whole world is a beautiful gift... he let us name the animals and the things around us. He wants us to love him and each other, but too many people take all of this for granted.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:25 pm
xxsoullessANGELUSxx

I agree with.... everything you just typed there. ^_^ Pride isn't confidence, and that's the thing that was confused in earlier posts. (or what I thought was causing some of the argument) God gave us so much, the whole world is a beautiful gift... he let us name the animals and the things around us. He wants us to love him and each other, but too many people take all of this for granted.

Definitely. We should be appreciative of what God gave us and understand that His work is beautiful and He is to be praised. Nature, medicine, science, technology, human beings... All of it is God's work.

Deuteronomy 32:4
4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.  

Wishboxx

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:39 pm
3nodding

I myself love drawing (points to sig) but I don't really... brag. If it looks like it, I don't mean it in that sense. I'm just happy with what I've done. God gave us gifts (in the form of abilities too), and I like to use them. I'm not proud in the sense of 'I'm better than someone else, therefore I'm happy', but glad that I compared my works with earlier drawings, and they've improved. People like looking at things I draw, and I'm take joy from making others happy. (playing music does this too :3 )

The big present he gave the middle of the US would have to be the Rockies. They're breath taking... I live near Denver (actually staying at the dorms IN Denver at the moment), so we always have the Rocky Mountain range to the west..... mrgreen It's pretty foggy today...

(wow, did I get off topic?)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:45 pm
xxsoullessANGELUSxx
3nodding

I myself love drawing (points to sig) but I don't really... brag. If it looks like it, I don't mean it in that sense. I'm just happy with what I've done. God gave us gifts (in the form of abilities too), and I like to use them. I'm not proud in the sense of 'I'm better than someone else, therefore I'm happy', but glad that I compared my works with earlier drawings, and they've improved. People like looking at things I draw, and I'm take joy from making others happy. (playing music does this too :3 )

The big present he gave the middle of the US would have to be the Rockies. They're breath taking... I live near Denver (actually staying at the dorms IN Denver at the moment), so we always have the Rocky Mountain range to the west..... mrgreen It's pretty foggy today...

(wow, did I get off topic?)

Totally get what you're saying. (:

YOU DREW THAT?! 8O It looks good! 3nodding I have a lot of respect for artists. I aspire to become one myself, but I'm horrible at art. >.<

I think we're a little off topic. sweatdrop  

Wishboxx

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:47 pm
Wishboxx
Shanna66

i dont think it makes me based at all. some of my favorite bands are satanic or anti god. i like a band based on their music and how they carry themselves, not their religious beliefs

@ scarlet
i like how she shows that we dont have to be ashamed of our bodies or who we are. ill admit that she takes it to extremes but thats one of the things i like about her. god gave us our bodies and we should be proud of them

and i love how she dresses but i like them from an artistic view, not a functional one. to me her clothes are works of art, not clothes

That's exactly what I mean by biased. Are you by any chance a Christian? If so, then you really shouldn't be listening to that sort of music. There is a lot of scripture that says we should live clean and pure lives.

I must stand for Shanna here.

I will testify for her: she is a Christian, and it is partly because of the love we have shown her in this guild.

She is a new Christian. Faith in Christ is not an instant transformation. It is a gradual process, a growth. She is not as mature now spiritually as she will be, say, ten years from now. Give her time and she will grow. Perhaps she will find Lady Gaga distasteful when she is more spiritually mature. Perhaps she won't. Everyone is at different points of faith.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:49 pm
Wishboxx
Shanna66

If it's selfish of you and you acknowledge it, why do you continue to do it?

Because it is impossible for people to not sin. Paul said that himself. He wanted to live a good, wholesome life for Christ that was holy, but he kept sinning even when he didn't want to.

I am not saying it is correct.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:59 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
Wishboxx
Shanna66

i dont think it makes me based at all. some of my favorite bands are satanic or anti god. i like a band based on their music and how they carry themselves, not their religious beliefs

@ scarlet
i like how she shows that we dont have to be ashamed of our bodies or who we are. ill admit that she takes it to extremes but thats one of the things i like about her. god gave us our bodies and we should be proud of them

and i love how she dresses but i like them from an artistic view, not a functional one. to me her clothes are works of art, not clothes

That's exactly what I mean by biased. Are you by any chance a Christian? If so, then you really shouldn't be listening to that sort of music. There is a lot of scripture that says we should live clean and pure lives.

I must stand for Shanna here.

I will testify for her: she is a Christian, and it is partly because of the love we have shown her in this guild.

She is a new Christian. Faith in Christ is not an instant transformation. It is a gradual process, a growth. She is not as mature now spiritually as she will be, say, ten years from now. Give her time and she will grow. Perhaps she will find Lady Gaga distasteful when she is more spiritually mature. Perhaps she won't. Everyone is at different points of faith.

I agree with you in that her spiritual growth is a personal thing and it will happen over time. My question was more of an inquiry out of curiosity. I didn't want to assume she was a Christian because I sometimes encounter non-Christians in Christian guilds that just want the desire to learn. I just didn't want to assume.  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff