Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Are you open about being a furry? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:48 pm
My favorite dog treats, SilentFox, are these bone marrow kind my mom used to get.
They tasted like bread and I'd eat them before the dog could even get to them.
>,>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:08 pm
Omg! I remember eating beggin strips! They taste like bacon :3  

XxX_Dark-Maiden15XxX

5,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Canis The White

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:28 pm
Unfortunately, here in Delaware, people are still bigoted about a lot of things. I'm still in the furry closet, and I really want to let other people know, but then I'll be ridiculed to no end, and plus, it might affect my US Navy psyche evaluation. Eventually, I'm gonna buy a collar, but i'm only gonna wear it with my Tripp pants at first, then move it to more "regular" clothes. I do growl at things I don't like though, and I am a MAJOR flea magnet, so I guess I'm kinda wolf-like.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:31 pm
im only open about being a furry with a few of my freinds and by a few i mean a select handful like 3 of my frends a few  

Takashi_The_Dragon

3,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:29 am
I'm open about it if somebody asks, but otherwise I won't tell them unless they're also a furry.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 pm
I'm allways open about being a furry X3 I love em. expecially the wolves.  

Knux_nyan

Enduring Seeker

12,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blood_Wolf1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:44 pm
I'm not really open about it in public. I've been to a few furmeets and people just stare. I don't think they know what to say without starting something. My parents know I'm a furry and they seem to be ok with it. I don't really have any friends outside the fandom so I don't have to worry about that.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 pm
DarkWolfLove
My favorite dog treats, SilentFox, are these bone marrow kind my mom used to get.
They tasted like bread and I'd eat them before the dog could even get to them.
>,>
I work at Food Lion, and I saw someone bring those up to the register, and they look good. I`m going to try them when I get paid friday.  

SilentFox21993

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:03 pm
My friends know, my family, sorta but not really. My mother knows I like furries, but not that I count my self lucky to be among them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:07 am
Astral The Fox
mmm.... i would like to tell others im a furry but..... they just make fun of me. They become scared of me, and wont talk. I once told my teacher about it, since i was always looking up furries on google, and when she looked at this certain site.... oh god was she concerned about me. heh.... even my own mother thought about sendin me to a shrink! Ah man.... not the best time of my life, yeah? Fortunatley everyone seems to have forgoten about the little incident. Now the only ones who know are my friends, one of them being a furry himself, and im rather scared of telling others. But... man i want to tell others so badly! I want them to know who i really am....
I know what that is like. But with me it was my boyfriends mother that made it into an issue. I met my boyfriend over sl and his mom was told by her mom to search me up online and I just started to come out about being furry and had like accounts on fa, hi fur, myspace, and furspace. I think I even made account on youtube but I didn't post much on it. But I had to get rid of all my accounts so she can let me be about it. sweatdrop I guess the thing that "upsets" me the most is that she was telling me thats not me . How dose she know whats me and what's not? I never said anything like that about her.Anyways, I'll just keep it to my self for now unless someone asks.

But despite all that I am still me no matter what people tell me. I'm am me and that should be good enough. It is for my boyfriend and I and that is what matters.  

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

FenrisHellhound

Unbeatable Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:20 am
Yea It's not really a subject I'm open to with people in real life... .

I tried tho, to no avail. my dad a military hard a** googled it and oh hell was he pissed. During that week I had my sanity checked and saw a therapist. It was such a pain. I continued into therapy seeing as they thought I had a sexual addiction to anthros ._. . All in All I faked being cured.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 pm
XSK Furry Leopard

I tried tho, to no avail. my dad a military hard a** googled it and oh hell was he pissed. During that week I had my sanity checked and saw a therapist. It was such a pain. I continued into therapy seeing as they thought I had a sexual addiction to anthros ._. . All in All I faked being cured.
Like someone told me before people are scared of what they don't understand. Also keep in mind it might be a while before furries would be understood.

I don't like being human for the fact we don't try , and I guilty of it myself. Humans are set in their ways, yes they came along way and getting smarter in way of living but call me a hippie if you must but; because of humans animals are almost homeless and maybe foodless. Because humans don't reuse buildings that are already there. Not only that they know how to recycle but they don't in force it.

I'm not saying everyone is like that, all I am saying is humans could try harder.

That's just one reason I call myself furry. I hope I didn't make anyone mad I didn't mean to if I did.  

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

FenrisHellhound

Unbeatable Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:54 pm
Fox L
XSK Furry Leopard

Like someone told me before people are scared of what they don't understand. Also keep in mind it might be a while before furries would be understood.

I don't like being human for the fact we don't try , and I guilty of it myself. Humans are set in their ways, yes they came along way and getting smarter in way of living but call me a hippie if you must but; because of humans animals are almost homeless and maybe foodless. Because humans don't reuse buildings that are already there. Not only that they know how to recycle but they don't in force it.

I'm not saying everyone is like that, all I am saying is humans could try harder.

That's just one reason I call myself furry. I hope I didn't make anyone mad I didn't mean to if I did.
Honestly. The Human race is going down the toilet...I'm just waiting for it to destroy itself due to some crack-pot unnecessary war.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 pm
hmmmn.... Well, Humanity is overdue for another world war, according to a few mathematicians, historians, and analysts...

Thing is, this world has grown too small for us now. We're fast approaching or have already passed the possible carrying capacity of the Earth. Add in the slowly dwindling amounts of easily utilized oil and other products, and the incredibly slow search for alternate sources of energy,,,, In short, unless Humanity gets into space again, and stays there, actually staying there and colonizing the moon, and mars, for example, or sending off colonists to the nearest stars... we're screwed. Well and truly screwed.

On a lighter, less serious note, I'm going to have to say that I'm cool with being a furry; Its not horribly evident (I don't eat raw meat whenever I could, for example). I kinda grew into it gradually; Never really knew it until All of a sudden, I realized this. I mean, I kinda growl under my breath when angry at something, or hiss, and a lot of times I wished I had claws I could use....

If Genetic Engineering ever gets to the point were people can craft their appearance however they feel, I'd certainly go for looking like a feline, or a bird (Or both...I like Gryphons!) if at all possible.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

The Corrupted Renamon
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:14 pm
I Second Shoe's opinion, I'd prefer to keep my personality to myself in the real world. Literally, although it feels bad to remain a 'furry little secret', it certainly saves me time with Drama.

Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff