Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:30 pm
Shanna66
devouri2
Suicide is wrong but for people that go through with it i'm sure they have to give God a reason why they took their lives. trust me i've tried to go through with it twice but stopped myself since my life really did flash before my eyes. suicide is a problem not a solution, i think it's really bad. So i wouldn't be here if i had not stopped right were i was at with tears flowing down my face and my friend not talking to me anymore. So try to strive on staying happy.

im very happy to see that you realized how important your life is before it was too late and im sorry you went through whatever made you sad enough to even consider such a thing
Thank you, my life has been hard a lot, so the thought has occurred to me many times i think i may have count it at least 127 times, so thank you for the comment  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:37 pm
Elvan God Kiero
My Facebook Wall

i've had this on my chest for awhile, and i'm gonna get it off before it bottles up:
I have no sympathy for any of those kids that killed themselves. As i catholic, i believe that if you kill and don't confess it, you will go to Hell. Comitting sucide is a form of murder, and its one you can't make up for. I hate to say... this, but the cold hard truth is they are not in Heaven right now

More indepth:
4 kids 2 grades higher then me commited sucide this week. Almost everyone i know has sympathy for them, but i don't think its deserved.
i'm not happy that they did this, i'm wishing it could've been avoided, but it wasn't. The truth hurts, the sooner we realize that the sooner we can move on.
I agree. They really don't deserve sympathy. My Life was a living hell tough school. Thier was a point i had no friends and the school hated me. (Family had legal issues with the school) I never once thought of suicide. They took the easy way out. I accurately talk about this in school and plenty people were with me. You grow stronger after tough battles. A kid in my grade last year killed him self and almost the whole school went to his funeral. I didn't go. People asked me why i didn't and i just said i was busy at the time. I couldn't say because he doesn't deserve my pity because it was the morning period. Unless you die to save someone, you don't deserve pity. The Family and friends of the loved ones deserve that pity.  

Kyo the III

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:44 am
http://www.suite101.com/content/do-people-who-commit-suicide-go-to-hell-a65637 ninja

((To start with, not having an opinion of my own is not unwillingness to choose, or indecisive, etc. It's recognition of my own ignorance as an imperfect human, moreover as one who is not expert in scripture.))

While I'm not sure I agree with his conclusion, having always believed suicide to be the 'unforgivable sin'* and not having a definite opinion view of my own, as well as the issue of the way 'suicide' is defined and used, I do however feel that the author has effectively analyzed the issue as a whole.

On the second matter, suicide is often associated specifically with the action of taking one's life in order to escape the pains and/or tribulations of life. However, the exact definition, "the taking of one's own life, or causing it to be taken by another, inclusive of any motive, circumstance, or method used" would include the death of soldiers to protect their people, a mother her children, and the stranger who saves a life at the risk and loss of their own.
The issue with this is of ones intent. While the first specifically intends to die, leaving this world behind and the works God would have of them abandoned out of a selfish desire of one form or another, the other three people are not truly seeking death. They are WILLING to die, and may even except that the actions they take will, invariably, lead to their own death, they do not SEEK it as the first does.
I myself define 'Suicide' as taking ones life with evil intent** and would define the following three examples given as being 'Sacrifice'. Recognizing that my personal views do not affect the definition as recognized by the major populace, I did however feel the need to have this differentiation considered.

In regards to my previous confusion as to the 'eternal sins', sometimes known as 'unforgivable sins' or 'unpardonable sins', though suicide on it's own may not be in some way special compared to other sins I believe that in the case of a Christian who has accepted Gods grace to then take their life as an escape from this world and as a short cut to heaven could be considered blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, as it is a knowledgeable trampling of the life given and a rejection of the Holy Spirit's work in ones own life. Although, I should make clear that my conclusion is only inference for the sake of the possibility that it is true.

*After some short research it seems that it is not directly related. Though, I think the two matters can cross, suicide and blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, which I will touch on shortly

**Inclusive of cowardly intent in the case of depression, fear, etc, which I my self have extensive experience with, coupled with extensive logical examination of the human psyche and possible variations of feeling and intent in relation to suicide, do in fact hold the right to have an opinion on and to describe it as such, while recognizing that their could be scenarios which fall outside of my recognized classifications.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And by the time I got to the end it's now 1:30 in the morning because of various interruptions and distractions, including the tv my siblings are watching which makes thinking things through very carefully and a backrub I gave my grandpa who is staying over and in my room. Meaning I'm on the couch. In the room with the tv. gonk
Yay their only finishing this show! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:57 am
There is only one unpardonable sin. The scriptures are very clear on that. Suicide is not that sin. It is a heinous sin and it's selfish, but it can be forgiven. Here I will provide the link I posted earlier about suicide.

Suicide.

It's an interesting read and sums up my thoughts on the subject.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

TheElvanGod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:30 pm
I feel.... awful about what i posted.

When someone jumps off a bridge into water to kill themself, he don't know what happens between them and God. depression is a mental Illness, something no one has control over, and can cause someone to do something they'd never do, so we have no idea if God has mercy for them or not.

Thats why i feel awful about me saying "Their not in heaven." What if they're depression took them over? then my didnt want to die, than God would have mercy, right?

I truely hope these highschoolers that killed themselves are in Heaven, because they didn't want to die the way they did....  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:47 pm
Ooo, I like that. Haven't finished reading it yet, but the authors good. smile  

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

himeka kamiya

Lonely Phantom

6,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:00 pm
hmm ive discussed this subject with family and pastor before it is murder and it is very wrong. is it 2 sins if they know they are sinnig? and if they ask god for forgivness what does that do?  
~*Proud Christians of Gaia*~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff