Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
READ ME! -- The New GDAPW Welcome Thread! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! Here's a new member checklist!
  Familiarize yourself with the rules!
  Post in this thread and tell us about you!
  Post new threads about things that are on your mind!
View Results

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:34 am
Rosa Cantante
. Such as my Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies

So to make a asumption...what part of America are you from?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 am
Sagebomb
Rosa Cantante
. Such as my Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies

So to make a asumption...what part of America are you from?

Chicago, Illinois.

How'd you know I was from America? O.o
How is the way I spell peanut butter different than the way you do? surprised  

Rosa Cantante

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:25 pm
Gaian Name: Spottedteddybears
-What you would prefer to be called: Teddy, or anything else... as long as I know it me! >.<
-Birthday/Age: July 1st. (me no likey my age... it makes me sound OLD!!!)
-Zodiac: Cancer!
-Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit (idk the metal, wood, fire things... even though im chinese... XD)
-Height: ummm... *runs off to measure* 5'6 AHHH! I'm so short!!!
-Weight: 90 something... I'm so light! sad
-Favorite color: Blue (both dark and light) and Purple
-Bands you like: Uh....
-Stuff you love outside of Gaia: Uh.... just kidding! buildings,travel and FOOD!
-Stuff you love that's part of Gaia: The people in it!
-Anything else!:I am a grammar freak, and neat freak, and perfectionist and basically a giltched mind... (I acceppt friend requests! *wink wink* and respond to random PMs!)

Favorites

-Movies: Avatar, 2012, something along those lines...
-Games: Um... can I not answer this?
-Songs/Music: FERGIE (big girls don't cry) Lady gaga (ish) and yeah... open to new artisits, ish XD
-TV Shows: I. don't. watch. TV. often. anymore.
-Food: Sweets, Cake, cookies, CHOCOLATE and real food... a lot XD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:58 pm
Rosa Cantante

Chicago, Illinois.

Americans love peanut butter and are often willing to show thier love of it by sharing ways of consuming it. No where else in the world (that I have been or know of), has peanut buttery love like the Americans. (like the community living places I worked at, since I worked in camps/camplike places a few times, there were a few peeps who always had jars of the stuff on standby for consumption).

Also, Chicargo motorway driving FTW, I mean I was warned about it, so I made sure my drive through it happened at 3am in the morning...and even still bigrigs were doing thier best to cut me off.

@Spotty (is that a all good name?) Are your really that much epically older than the guild average of low to late 20s?  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rosa Cantante

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:34 pm
Sagebomb
Rosa Cantante

Chicago, Illinois.

Americans love peanut butter and are often willing to show thier love of it by sharing ways of consuming it. No where else in the world (that I have been or know of), has peanut buttery love like the Americans. (like the community living places I worked at, since I worked in camps/camplike places a few times, there were a few peeps who always had jars of the stuff on standby for consumption).

Also, Chicargo motorway driving FTW, I mean I was warned about it, so I made sure my drive through it happened at 3am in the morning...and even still bigrigs were doing thier best to cut me off.

Haha! We do love our peanut butter!~ But honestly, I rarely eat it (once every few months or so). I like Nutella too! Does that counteract the peanut butter? XD

That sucks that you got cut off a lot! I guess I don't notice it that much because I'm used to it. What were you driving through Chicago for? ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:24 pm
@Rosa: I've tried Facebook, Myspace, general Google search...I've come up empty every time. It saddens me. Last I heard she was engaged to some Turkish guy. Then the vanishing crying

My specialty tends to be cheesecakes. At the moment I've only got a few types that I make, but I'm looking to expand. It helps that they're probably my favorite dessert ever. And yes, as Sage knows, one of them that I make is a chocolate PEANUT BUTTER cheesecake. It kicks a**. Though the BEST thing I make is probably my mom's oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies. Everyone who has them seems to think they're the best things in the world. We should totally share. Though in my case, aside from the cookies I just mentioned, everything I bake comes from a recipe I found online. Gotta be honest xd

Can I has buying from yous? ninja

@Teddy: I too would like to know why you consider yourself old. And even if you were, like, 40 or something, I wouldn't care. Activity > Age! Also...δ½ δΌšθ―΄δΈ­ζ–‡ε—οΌŸ  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Rosa Cantante

6,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:38 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
@Rosa: I've tried Facebook, Myspace, general Google search...I've come up empty every time. It saddens me. Last I heard she was engaged to some Turkish guy. Then the vanishing crying

My specialty tends to be cheesecakes. At the moment I've only got a few types that I make, but I'm looking to expand. It helps that they're probably my favorite dessert ever. And yes, as Sage knows, one of them that I make is a chocolate PEANUT BUTTER cheesecake. It kicks a**. Though the BEST thing I make is probably my mom's oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies. Everyone who has them seems to think they're the best things in the world. We should totally share. Though in my case, aside from the cookies I just mentioned, everything I bake comes from a recipe I found online. Gotta be honest xd

D: Rawr! That sucks! I'm terribly sorry, love!

Haha! I get my recipes from the "interwebz" as well! No shame in that!~ I want to try these delicious recipes! But I really just want to eat those cookies your mom makes! They sound heavenly!

Sure! I send you a PM in a sec about it! ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:04 pm
Americans love peanut butter... that is quite possibly one of the weirdest stereotypes I've ever heard which is saying something.

I know through the internet many Europeans and I ask them how Americans are viewed stereotypically there out of curiosity. The answer is usually the same: fat people who eat hamburgers for every meal, have way too much plastic surgery, who are loud, who are trigger happy, and/or who talk about foreign affairs without knowing anything.

I'm not offended by these since they all admitted they know they are just stereotypes and everyone has them. The poor French take such abuse through American stereotypes it's awful for example.

None of them ever mentioned peanut butter though. That is seriously weird. o.0 I'll have to mention that to them to see how they react. XD

Also please don't ask about stereotypes I've heard about other countries. It's one thing to laugh at the misconceptions of your own country but otherwise it's like picking fun which is not cool at all.  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Ginhi~kun
Dislikes: Excessively loud people where they should not be, people who complain all the time, being lonely, not getting enough sleep, being hongry.

Run to me whenever you're lonely.
Run to me if you need a shoulder
Now and then you need someone older,
So darling, you run to me.

...and do you ever get enough sleep? You stay up late lots.

I'm assuming that's a song xD

And yes, I do get sleep. Also would you like me try to stalk find that mysterious other person?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:58 am
@Rosa: There shall be responding to your PM with the secret recipe~ Tonight, when I have time... ninja

@Kari: I think that it was more an observation that Sage just picked up on during his time in America/with Americans than anything else. Since I've never heard it before he told me either. But if it's a useful metric for him to tell where people are from, then all the better!

@Ginhi: Why as a matter of fact...

You are more than welcome to try to find her. Elizabeth Carter (not...positive, but I think her middle name was Marie. Don't quote me on that). Went to the University of Evansville in Indiana starting in 2002. Lost contact with her sometime in '04. Got an old phone number for her house here in Vegas, and I'm pretty sure her parents still live there, but when I call, no one ever picks up...ever. I seem to recall that they would always screen their calls back in the day too. Le sigh...  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

Can I has buying from yous? ninja

@Teddy: I too would like to know why you consider yourself old. And even if you were, like, 40 or something, I wouldn't care. Activity > Age! Also...δ½ δΌšθ―΄δΈ­ζ–‡ε—οΌŸ

ζœ‰δΈ€η‚ΉοΌŒ 不是很ε₯½γ€‚。。

aww... thanks! that makes me feel better! biggrin

Sagebomb- I'm a bunny, and since next year is the year of the rabbit for the 3rd time of my life... how old do you think I am? (sshhh! don't tell anyone! ninja )  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:38 pm
Rosa Cantante

Haha! We do love our peanut butter!~ But honestly, I rarely eat it (once every few months or so). I like Nutella too! Does that counteract the peanut butter? XD

That sucks that you got cut off a lot! I guess I don't notice it that much because I'm used to it. What were you driving through Chicago for? ^-^

Counteracting nuts with nuts? Dunno, but nutella is loved world wide, so I couldnt make asumptions with that.

It seemed like the best option for driving from Milwaukee WI to Hamilton OH.

@Kari, Gold is right, when I use a steriotype its usually from personal experience...I.e I use steriotypes on observed truths, less than media generalisations. Indeed my 13 months (+4 months perviously) allowed me to observe much, and although certain steriotypes change depending on your state, peanut butter was one I found to be pretty much across most of America. (America is too big to apply many direct steriotypes...As to Assume a Texan is going to be very similar to a Wisconsinite is....very wrong).

@Spotted talk2hand You are a fire rabbit....you are young  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:47 pm
@Teddy: You have no idea how happy it made me to be able to actually read what you wrote without having to look it up. Granted, it's really basic Chinese, but my reading skills have literally all but vanished since I got out of class. But yeah...I second your response ninja

And you're younger than I am, so don't feel old. In January I'll be two years older than you will be next year. ZOMG MORE MATH.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:17 pm
-Gaian Name: Standard Heartattack
-What you would prefer to be called: Melissa
-Birthday/Age: May 31st
-Favorite color: black
-Bands you like: Opeth, Bullet for my Valentine, Breathe Carolina (pretty much anything other then country)
-Stuff you love outside of Gaia: guitar, singing, music, metalsmithing, sewing, writing, photography, cycling, running, kyacking, scuba diving, fasion, hairsyling, etc.
-Stuff you love that's part of Gaia: the GD, zOMG
-Anything else!: I appologize for taking so long to post emo I hope you can all forgive me  

Deep Blue Skye

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:50 pm
You are totally forgiven. Just keep posting heart  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers